Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Nekyo View Post
    This is not a bug, however I dont feel like it belongs onto the main page:
    I'm using Dardo's Merc Upkeep Cost mod, and I wanted to tweak the upkeep a little.
    Doing so, I used a mod with "@@" to overwrite with my own edits but my game keeps crashing/wont load up with Dardo's mod and mine enabled.
    Could you give me a little insight why?

(I imported the tables from db-main_units-Mercenary, deleted every unwanted entry and tweaked the upkeep for Veteran Hoplites, then saved it with the @@-prefix).
    Most likely because you deleted all those entries. If you dont rename the table in your mod, tables in DeI using the entries from this will not find them and crash the game.

There are some problems with population system. When i start recruting and fill recruiting list with more units, then could be recruited in 1 turn, i remouve some of then from recruiting list. In some provinces its OK and used populations ammount returnes to pool. But in other provinces they does not - population resource just lost. This doesn`t depends what unit i truing to recruit, only dependf from province.
    Is this a bug, that can be fixed and should be reported about each province, or should i just ignore it?

The UI does not always update immediately when you un-click a unit. The system is still working. The UI should update correctly on the next turn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bug report: Carpi Swordsmen have an incorrect card unit (have axes not swords).

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Most likely because you deleted all those entries. If you dont rename the table in your mod, tables in DeI using the entries from this will not find them and crash the game.
    I'm a little confused tbh.
    I did inform myself a bit with Magnars tutorials and stuff but pretty much still a newb.
    How would I go for it, if I didnt want it to crash?
    Because the entries are exactly the same in the MercMod and DeI (but some minor bugs in the outdated MercMod, I fixed them and now theyre virtually identical). So theoretically my "tweak" mod should only override that one line.
    OR
    Does it work in a way, that because my mod overrides the other two, and has the MERCENARY table, but with only one entry, my mod overrides the MERCENARY table as a whole, effectively purging everything but the Veteran Hoplites?
    That'd make sense for my startup-crash, as it would most likely create missing references...

Quote Originally Posted by Nekyo View Post
    I'm a little confused tbh.
    I did inform myself a bit with Magnars tutorials and stuff but pretty much still a newb.
    How would I go for it, if I didnt want it to crash?
    Because the entries are exactly the same in the MercMod and DeI (but some minor bugs in the outdated MercMod, I fixed them and now theyre virtually identical). So theoretically my "tweak" mod should only override that one line.
    OR
    Does it work in a way, that because my mod overrides the other two, and has the MERCENARY table, but with only one entry, my mod overrides the MERCENARY table as a whole, effectively purging everything but the Veteran Hoplites?
    That'd make sense for my startup-crash, as it would most likely create missing references...
    The last one. If the tables in the dB files themselves are all named the same, it will overwrite all the others instead of working together and only overwrite any modded entries. This is also why you will see that DeI have re-named tables as well as tables with vanilla names.
    If you just add an, a to the name of the table. It should only overwrite the individual entries you have modded and not the entire table.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    The last one. If the tables in the dB files themselves are all named the same, it will overwrite all the others instead of working together and only overwrite any modded entries. This is also why you will see that DeI have re-named tables as well as tables with vanilla names.
    If you just add an, a to the name of the table. It should only overwrite the individual entries you have modded and not the entire table.
    Works now!
    I renamed it by putting 1_ in front of it. simply writing MERCENARYtweak would load up the game but not applying the edits.
    Coming from Bethesda it's confusing how 180° different Rome 2 works

Hey KAM, did anyone end up posting a vid for you of the super running infantry? Just had it happen pretty bad during a bridge crossing battle.

From my post on pg 98, I have got a picture of the units breaking formation, https://i.imgur.com/CI8S1qM.png. Pikes are at the front, with some hoplites just behind. Enemy general attacks and goes into this formation and they just push through the pikes and hoplites. Never used to happen in older versions of DeI (pre ~1.1) or vanilla.

Also, are rhodian slingers supposed to be incredibly powerful? Every burst from the slingers was killing about 10 general's bodyguard, and this was from the front.

And wrong thread, but a question for KAM if he sees this, is the faster battles mod fully working with 1.2? I just want some slightly faster battles

Hi everyone. Is it normal that Spartan hoplites are at least one head taller than any other Greek infantry unit? I didn't make a screenshot unfortunately but they look like like giants compare to others. Is it intentional?

yes I believe it is

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Pontus - Paplhlagonikoi Hippeis - Two units of the same name, different morale.

One is the AOR version, which is available to recruit for any faction who controls that region.

Kreten Archers lack a texture for the back of their shield.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hey, my admiral abilities are greyed out and unavailable during campaign naval battles. They seem to work during custom battles.

Is this intentional or a bug?

Thanks

Hi guys. Has anyone noticed that once a unit dissmounts it cannot mount up again?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pugzilla View Post
    Hey, my admiral abilities are greyed out and unavailable during campaign naval battles. They seem to work during custom battles.

Is this intentional or a bug?

Thanks
    I think some abilities don't work in naval battles, but I can't remember which ones. Thats odd if they work in custom, though. It could be abilities we have disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Hi guys. Has anyone noticed that once a unit dissmounts it cannot mount up again?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I think this is an issue in the game itself but I could be wrong.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi guys

I know it is really old topic about graphical bugs, probably coming from the core game. But I think this is rather unexpected turn of events.

Long story short, I activated some graphical mods and added antialiasing via NVIDIA control panel, I am able with GTX 960 on predominantly very high details, to get around 40 - 45 FPS in open field battles, two full stack (occasional stuttering included). City battles can go around 30 FPS.It is very satisfying to me, because of the amount of anti-aliasing I managed to put.

However, when I try to play Carthage historical battle, the game barely pass the loading scene and freezes instantly at the opening glance on the city. It is unplayable. Did this happen to you?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Historical battles will not work I think, we have different units in DeI anyway.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

You can play historical battles in DeI without any problem :/