Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Maclain View Post
    Here ya go. This is my oldest save for that game, but I believe the aux barracks have already been destroyed. I conquered Consentia shortly after noticing that unit. You should be able to see the army that has those units around Rome or Beneventum. I think I still have a spy around that area.

Attachment 352900
    To add to this, I've just seen Cohors Sardorum as well, and it's still not yet 260BC. Screenshot attached, where you can see those troops standing in front of Early Hastati. Unfortunately, I didn't see them until I'd already entered battle.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

We'll need to find how the AI bypassed the reform lock. Thanks for your report.

Looking at the save, somehow the buildings never got restricted.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

For Seleucid's they have Sarissaphoroi available from the level 1 barracks but they disappear at every tier afterwards. I'm not sure if they are intended to retain this unit or not.

Looks like they are missing from the seleucid special barracks entries.

Hi guys, huge fan of the mod and cannot tell you how much fun I just had on my H/N Selecuid campaign victory. 300 turns of epic dynastic bickering and warfare culminating in a world war of east and west.

I'm now really keen to start an Empire Divided campaign (a DLC saved from mediocrity by your talents), but there's a bug that's prevented me from jumping in right away.

A significant portion of roman units are lacking shield textured at the moment. It's most notable with the Praetorian equivalents for the 3 roman factions, around 70% of the soldiers in those units have grey squares on their rounded shields, while a small portion have a cool (but slightly low-res) shield decal. Legionaries and Cohorts also seem to have some grey shields among them, but it's less noticeable as the whole shield is greyed out, rather than a square shape on a rounded object.

By no means a critical bug at all but it'd be amazing if you could have a peek at what's causing the problem. Hoping to play as Gallic Rome but the grey chasm on the shields of my elites would really bum me out in my campaign battles.

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by DakkaDon View Post
    Hi guys, huge fan of the mod and cannot tell you how much fun I just had on my H/N Selecuid campaign victory. 300 turns of epic dynastic bickering and warfare culminating in a world war of east and west.

I'm now really keen to start an Empire Divided campaign (a DLC saved from mediocrity by your talents), but there's a bug that's prevented me from jumping in right away.

A significant portion of roman units are lacking shield textured at the moment. It's most notable with the Praetorian equivalents for the 3 roman factions, around 70% of the soldiers in those units have grey squares on their rounded shields, while a small portion have a cool (but slightly low-res) shield decal. Legionaries and Cohorts also seem to have some grey shields among them, but it's less noticeable as the whole shield is greyed out, rather than a square shape on a rounded object.

By no means a critical bug at all but it'd be amazing if you could have a peek at what's causing the problem. Hoping to play as Gallic Rome but the grey chasm on the shields of my elites would really bum me out in my campaign battles.

Thanks so much!
    Thank you for the kind words. Now about your bug. We haven't actually touched Empire Divided yet.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 27, 2018 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. Now about your bug. We haven't actually touched Empire Divided yet.
    Aah okay, so I'm guessing that's the game trying to draw upon a texture you've moved or replaced. Any timescale on giving Empire Divided the DeI love?

Currently doing a Hannibal at the Gates campaign and loving it, thanks to your gorgeous soldiers and the DeI naval battles, so I know you have a good mini campaign in you

Quote Originally Posted by DakkaDon View Post
    Aah okay, so I'm guessing that's the game trying to draw upon a texture you've moved or replaced. Any timescale on giving Empire Divided the DeI love?

Currently doing a Hannibal at the Gates campaign and loving it, thanks to your gorgeous soldiers and the DeI naval battles, so I know you have a good mini campaign in you
    Υeah I guess that's the reason. No ETA for ED yet, sorry. Just wait to see the updated Carthage and Rome with our next release.
    @Don Diego outperformed himself with the new assets.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 28, 2018 at 09:44 AM.

Hello DEI Team, I've loved your mod since it came out, but I am experiencing a terrible bug. I'm playing as the Medwei, a campaign I started before the Desert Kingdoms patch. A Civil war broke out, and every time I finish the Medwei seperatists, the game crashes. It's almost like the game is looking for the 'end civil war' video, can't find it, and then crashes. I will admit I didn't buy the Desert Kingdoms DLC, but have been playing the campaign from the save file. I also am not using any other mods, and did verify the game integrity. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Hrm that is a very specific bug. Did you start the save after patch 18 but before patch 19? Politics was changed so I am just wondering if something got messed up in all the moving around.

Also, saves from before patch 19 have a different faction as meroe because CA made an entirely new faction for that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Υeah I guess that's the reason. No ETA for ED yet, sorry. Just wait to see the updated Carthage and Rome with our next release.

You're killing me with this suspense! Carthage will never fall to barbaric Romans...filthy savages.

Just discovered the first repeatable bug in 2 campaigns: In several turns around 107/08 I tried to liberate Octoduron from Rome three times, each time resulting in a crash. Save game upload possible, if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Slow View Post
    Just discovered the first repeatable bug in 2 campaigns: In several turns around 107/08 I tried to liberate Octoduron from Rome three times, each time resulting in a crash. Save game upload possible, if needed.
    similar issue resulting in persistent game freeze when trying to liberate Siraces in Scythia. if it helps, im playing as Pontus and Siraces is the last settlement of Bosporan Greeks. in the end i had to vassalise them (create satrapy) to avoid the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    similar issue resulting in persistent game freeze when trying to liberate Siraces in Scythia. if it helps, im playing as Pontus and Siraces is the last settlement of Bosporan Greeks. in the end i had to vassalise them (create satrapy) to avoid the issue.
    Looks like this was linked to reforms/empire level. This would have been the settlement missing to initiate the Carthaginian reform, so I took it, passed the reforms and lost it later. Some turns later I finally could liberate on next occasion. Not sure if this makes sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Hrm that is a very specific bug. Did you start the save after patch 18 but before patch 19? Politics was changed so I am just wondering if something got messed up in all the moving around.

Also, saves from before patch 19 have a different faction as meroe because CA made an entirely new faction for that area.
    I started the game in Early May, before the politics patch. I was pleasantly surprised when I stated getting female family members, and haven't had any problems until trying to kill the Medwei separatists. Also, FYI, the civil war started in before the politics patch, and in Egypt. It could be that the faction which emerged a few weeks ago no longer exists. Oh, and I noticed the 'purple pants' bug that others have seen, but only on units from the civil war (ie, any mercenaries they hire look fine).

If it helps, I can attach the save file for you to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Slow View Post
    Looks like this was linked to reforms/empire level. This would have been the settlement missing to initiate the Carthaginian reform, so I took it, passed the reforms and lost it later. Some turns later I finally could liberate on next occasion. Not sure if this makes sense though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    You guys could upload the saves and I can take a look at them. Its possible its the same bug found in this thread - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...shing-End-Turn
    where you are trying to liberate a minor town (non resource town) that has been taken but not converted by the AI.

In theory, this fixpack should allow you to progress and liberate - http://www.mediafire.com/file/0ik83u...0crashfix.pack
    Its fine to use, but won't be compatible with some other mods like the hardcore submod (it will overwrite the building cost/time changes)

Quote Originally Posted by Philopator View Post
    I started the game in Early May, before the politics patch. I was pleasantly surprised when I stated getting female family members, and haven't had any problems until trying to kill the Medwei separatists. Also, FYI, the civil war started in before the politics patch, and in Egypt. It could be that the faction which emerged a few weeks ago no longer exists. Oh, and I noticed the 'purple pants' bug that others have seen, but only on units from the civil war (ie, any mercenaries they hire look fine).

Well, an ongoing civil war in a campaign from before patch 18 that is concluded after patch 19 may just have its own problems in the base game itself. I am not sure if you have any saves from before the civil war triggered you could test.
    Last edited by Dresden; April 29, 2018 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philopator View Post

A pre politics patch save could have many issues, since many aspects of the game have changed. I would suggest a new start.

Since the civil war mechanic changed in patch 18, it could be problematic that the save had an existing civil war when the patch hit.

Semisalis

Cohors menapiorum and cohors gaetulorum have 24 armor value even if they don't wear any armour at all. The aor numidian slingers, can't remember the name, have an armor value of 8 despite being without armor too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Since the civil war mechanic changed in patch 18, it could be problematic that the save had an existing civil war when the patch hit.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try playing from before the civil war, or just on to the next faction I wanted to play as...