Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Edit: Never noticed the radar before when deploying, goes away once the battle starts. Not sure if its a thing or if I just literally never noticed it but fairly sure it was never there during deployment. Can anyone confirm?

Hey,

Loving the mod but having an issue with the Battle Realism not sticking to my current campaign.

I recently re-installed ROME 2 and the mods (just using DEI part 1 to 3 and the liberation mod). Started a new campaign on Normal/Hard with battle realism on. First battle up north was fine, now attacking an Epirus army. I saved using quickstart, got into the battle (all good) but had to close the game mid-battle to go do something. Now I get the radar on the bottom left when I reload from the quicksave. Another issue was the classical camera was set but it was using the other mode. Reloaded the game and the camera is fine but that radar is there.

Is this a known issue? Its fairly early into the campaign so not too fussed and curious to see if it happens in another battle.

Kai.
    Last edited by Kye; February 20, 2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by large jack View Post
    I dunno it was just a link in the steam comments dating back to January I think. I'll have to check it out.

Your description of the crash sounds exactly the same, except mine is more frequent, happens probably 1 in 3 battles or sieges.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll check out all the advice and get back when I find out the problem.

The patch is called umslegionspatch.pack, which I assume is yours? The mod is called Ancient Empires Legions for Divide et Impera. Hope that's the right one, well actually I don't, as that might explain the crashes.
    Yeah the mod author still claims it needs an update, but I'm trying to see if it works with your patch. Still not sure if this is the cause of the crashes. I will have to remove them and try a series of battles when I have time. These DEI battles last forever, and the timing of the crashes are... let's say... intermittent.

The patch is called umslegionspatch.pack, which I assume is yours? The mod is called Ancient Empires Legions for Divide et Impera. Hope that's the right one, well actually I don't, as that might explain the crashes.
    That's the one, although I might have updated my patch since January https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...HIzTU9rc0dNNVk

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    That's the one, although I might have updated my patch since January https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...HIzTU9rc0dNNVk
    Ah that's interesting. The date of the link I downloaded from was 8 Jan. That might explain the crashes?

I doubt it, I mostly only added to the submod, apart from some minor unit population numbers, it will never have differed from DEI anyway. Anyway, in my experience atleast, using a certain amount of submods, that might be compatible with eachother but do influence (partly) the same tables, will ultimately end up decreasing stability overall. I don't think this can be entirely remedied, but is more precisely a sign of the limits of the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I doubt it, I mostly only added to the submod, apart from some minor unit population numbers, it will never have differed from DEI anyway. Anyway, in my experience atleast, using a certain amount of submods, that might be compatible with eachother but do influence (partly) the same tables, will ultimately end up decreasing stability overall. I don't think this can be entirely remedied, but is more precisely a sign of the limits of the game itself.
    Ok thanks. I think it's the same file anyway. I only downloaded it a few days ago so if it's the same download link it will be the new file.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

edit

Hello guys, ive got a problem with the seccesion wars. At the end of the turn after the last faction played its turn and the new turn for me should begin, the game crashes. Maybe it has to do something with the seccesion cause before i ended my turn, i had 85% civil war chance. knows anybody how to fix it? i have only the DeI mods and couple of unit mods. the party that starts the civil war are the optimates. Thx in advance

Ok thanks. I think it's the same file anyway. I only downloaded it a few days ago so if it's the same download link it will be the new file.
    Yeah I've had 8 battles and the crashes have gone, defo this mod causing the probs.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasi View Post
    Hello guys, ive got a problem with the seccesion wars. At the end of the turn after the last faction played its turn and the new turn for me should begin, the game crashes. Maybe it has to do something with the seccesion cause before i ended my turn, i had 85% civil war chance. knows anybody how to fix it? i have only the DeI mods and couple of unit mods. the party that starts the civil war are the optimates. Thx in advance
    You need to list exact names of mods used. There are no DeI compatible unit mods as far as I am aware.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I can't get the 12 tpy submod to work.

I have the steam version of RTW/DEI with Rome I music pack and the Hardcore no CAI submod. Also had the Alternative Economy submod, but it is deselected atm. I downloaded the 12 tpy pack file from the Official Submods thread and placed it in the data folder, steam found it, but still it remained 4 tpy. Then I subscribed through the Steam Workshop, which replaced the previous version in the Mod Manager, but still no dice. I tried reselecting all the mods with 12 tpy first and 12 tpy last - no success.

EDIT:
    Disregard the above, I started a new campaign and it's working now. I thought I had it on when I started my last campaign. If I remember this correctly, then it's possible the version from the forum thread does not work and the steam version is not save game compatible.
    Last edited by Iskandar; February 24, 2019 at 03:33 AM.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

I would think using separate unit mods will at best unbalance your game, and at worst, cause it to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You need to list exact names of mods used. There are no DeI compatible unit mods as far as I am aware.

The mods i use are : all diplomatic options for dei, Ancient empires legions for dei, dei graphicenhancement, Imperial legions for dei, Extravaganza models for dei, dei 1,2,3. Thats all. And i dont think that some units crash the game at the start of civil war. And it has deffinetly something to do with the civil war, because once i tried some turns ago to provokea civil war it crashed again.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

The mods i use are : all diplomatic options for dei, Ancient empires legions for dei, dei graphicenhancement, Imperial legions for dei, Extravaganza models for dei, dei 1,2,3. Thats all. And i dont think that some units crash the game at the start of civil war. And it has deffinetly something to do with the civil war, because once i tried some turns ago to provokea civil war it crashed again.
    Well, since we don't have (AFAIK) any other civil war report, you can just remove every other pack and put them back one by one, just to make sure the culprit isn't one of the complementary mods.

Does graphical enchancement for DEI work ok for you? When I use it I get stuttering on the campaign map.

Does graphical enchancement for DEI work ok for you? When I use it I get stuttering on the campaign map.
    yes it does.

Imperial legions for dei is no longer up to date I believe, if custom units are set-up improperly, they can crash a game when the AI goes over them to add them to separatist faction armies.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

For Campaign map's stuttering reduction check our dedicated Tech thread by clicking on my Sig

I have problem installing this mod. Im not sure what problem is, as i never had it before. WHen i download it from twcenter and put files in rome2/data, i enter game. It looks like its divide et impera but when i go on campaign to select faction, factions have vanila names. And when i start campaign there is lot of weird things. Anyone can help with this?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have last patch for the game itself.
    5. If none of that works, try deleting the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverifying your game cache in Steam.
    6. Enable out of date mods