Page 67 of 110 FirstFirst ... 174257585960616263646566676869707172737475767792 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2190

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.2k - Updated March 20

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey85 View Post
    So at this point, with all the patches, hotfixes, and the mess CA has caused.... where do we stand with DEI? I have had a campaign going through this whole ordeal, the same campaign has been running on all the different patches added from CA, as well as all the new fixes to DEI. I don't have enough experience with this particular TW title (ROME II) to be able to initially recognize what is intended and what is broken. Is my campaign likely pretty messed up having had so many different patches added and subtracted that I should start a fresh one?

I'd like to know this as well, where do we stand right now? Can we play more or less like before all this mess?
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.2k - Updated March 20

The mod has been functioning fine through all the patches. There may be some issues here and there but most are on CAs end like the diplomacy bug in saves (fixed) and now an issue with siege AI after the hotfix.

But the mod should be fine.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

One step forward two steps back, I can't believe it

Dear god I hope we don't have to wait till the dlc for them to fix this.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

The mod is functioning fine only because Dresden, KAM and the team doing their best to save the situation.
    Every CA's patch lately is a disaster and that's a fact.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 23, 2018 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    The mod is functioning fine only because Dresden, KAM and the team doing their best to save the situation.
    Every CA's patch lately is a disaster and that's a fact.
    We're not worthy .

On a side note for CA, STAHP!

Difficult quesiton, but are sieges playable after the hotfix? If not, I'll probably hold off on starting a new campaign and hope for another hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    Difficult quesiton, but are sieges playable after the hotfix? If not, I'll probably hold off on starting a new campaign and hope for another hotfix.
    I'll let you be the judge based on the following - the current BAI in sieges reminds me what the BAI when Rome 2 was first released.

@Falco: Thanks....*Sigh* *Head slowly drops*

Seems like CA are investigating the problems, according to the reply on this thread.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...sault-siege-ai

"We have top men working on it right now."
    - CA

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    Seems like CA are investigating the problems, according to the reply on this thread.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...sault-siege-ai
    Celticus - the hero we needed.

but don't deserve

So I played about 6 hours of ROME II the day it was released, was disgusted, and didn't touch the game until about a year ago, I have only actually played the game with DEI.

I guess with vanilla ROME II being trash and DEI being a f'ing outstanding game (I consider it its own title) I figured you guys had somehow overhauled the BAI...... Is the issue with siege battles not something that can be fixed through modding? Is it hard coded and only CA can fix it?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

BAI overal is unmodable in a way that you can't add new functions to it. You can only influence current BAI to behave in a certain way like for example when I took all precuror attack for melee infantry and replaced it with regular melee attack, which forced AI to actually form a line and try to flank you or send units to you weaker points instead of doing zombie rush forward with all units at the same time.

That new siege bug can be only fixed by CA.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

So.. I've been playing as cleopatra and conquering but i've encountered something.. odd.. Missiles do nothing now. I've had 2 units of archers and slingers firing on some aetheopian cavalry until they ran out of ammunition Not. A. Single. Casualty. Even when I get peltasts around the back of the enemy and let loose into the unshielded rear of a formation, the most I can manages is 0.5 casualties for every 3 volleys. What gives? Why is ranged combat been nerfed so much?

Patrician

Almost all other reports claim the opposite. And with entire ammo I can shot down even cataprhacts. You might have a mod conflict. You can also list units you had. In my tests I found cavalry to be even too fragile vs ranged troops, especially javs who decimate it. In case of inf vs inf ranged fire, in test battles I would always get between 60-100 kills on non elite units and much more on elite ones.

I can't think what.. I have some texture submods and the diplomatic submod, and reduced unit upkeep, I have a mod that adds more formations to the romans... playing imperator augustus campaign, pitched jewish slingers and african archer mercenaries against a unit of aetheopian cavalry. it absorbed it all without taking any damage. I'm testing it further and its just.. all missiles are pathetic.

EDIT

It was the roman formation submod :/ Sorry
    Last edited by JPrice94; March 23, 2018 at 04:46 PM.

Patrician

Mods that adds more formations is not really working, especially the one for Romans which will BREAK you imperator augustus campaign battles as that mod will only work if only you play as Rome which will bug the crap out of enemy units (they will have infinite charge bonus). There is a SOLID reason why there are not as many formations. Outside of that thing that most of them do not even work.

As for ranged units, I just had large battle and my ranged units had no problems killing. Even my light javelin cav was able to score around 20 kills in 3-4 volleys vs very heavy cavalry which was partially obstructed by fort wall.

Other thing is that certain unit types are not meant to be any good against other. If you take horrible archers and expect them to shot down heavy cavalry with large shields...it will end as you could expect it to end if they are not under sustaned fire for long.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; March 23, 2018 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The mod has been functioning fine through all the patches. There may be some issues here and there but most are on CAs end like the diplomacy bug in saves (fixed) and now an issue with siege AI after the hotfix.

But the mod should be fine.
    I know you guys have kept the mod up to date, and that CA ed it up by trying to revive Rome 2 DLC interest. I just want to know if it's a good time to start a new campaign or if there are still significant issues present. No only in siege battles, but in general if I play GC will it be more or less like it used to be around EE? What about IA? Thanks in advance.

I've been trying to get into Attila, it seems like I should love it, but it doesn't feel right. DeI plays exactly right for my taste (I last played about half a year ago or so?)
    Last edited by DeVrie; March 23, 2018 at 06:58 PM.
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by DeVrie View Post
    I know you guys have kept the mod up to date, and that CA ed it up by trying to revive Rome 2 DLC interest. I just want to know if it's a good time to start a new campaign or if there are still significant issues present. No only in siege battles, but in general if I play GC will it be more or less like it used to be around EE? What about IA? Thanks in advance.

I've been trying to get into Attila, it seems like I should love it, but it doesn't feel right. DeI plays exactly right for my taste (I last played about half a year ago or so?)
    The mod plays fine. We're trying to solve any remaining issues and waiting for CA to fix the siege bug.