Page 58 of 110 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2190

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.2h - Updated March 4

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES Thanks DeI Team!

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.2g - Updated January 8

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Remember to tick the enable out of date mods in the manager
    I did that.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera - Download link - 1.2 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by meerkatology View Post
    will the march 8 update break the mod for a while ? should i disable auto updating in steam?
    You should always disable auto updates for modded games.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkekater View Post
    I followed the install instructions and unpacked the two parts into (...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data). But they won't show up in my mod manager - what can I do?
    I did that.
    Download the latest update from here 1st pack and the previous 2nd pack. Unpack them anywhere. Put a few @@@ in front of them and add them to your Data folder.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 04, 2018 at 04:51 PM.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera - Download link - 1.2 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    You should always disable auto updates for modded games. .
    speaking of which , how do i actually disable auto update? there is only 3 options: always keep up todate; update when launching; and high priority update over other games....
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 04, 2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes.

speaking of which , how do i actually disable auto update? there is only 3 options: always keep up todate; update when launching; and high priority update over other games....
    The short way:Use only steam offline's functio or Go back to the previous patch from the beta menu.
    The long way: How to Disable Steam Auto Updates.

The mod does work now and it was just my fault - I accidentally unpacked the packs into new folders... Thanks for your help!

The short way:Use only steam offline's functio or Go back to the previous patch from the beta menu.
    The long way: How to Disable Steam Auto Updates.

thanks. god i hate todays constant spoon feeding and insults to our intelligence by these forced updates and

DeI is the only game/mod where I read every patch note line by line. Can't wait to get into game with all of these changes!

The mod does work now and it was just my fault - I accidentally unpacked the packs into new folders... Thanks for your help!
    No worries buddy.
    thanks. god i hate todays constant spoon feeding and insults to our intelligence by these forced updates and
    STEAM is the best and the worst thing for the gaming industry. Actually just the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Satansblofish View Post
    DeI is the only game/mod where I read every patch note line by line. Can't wait to get into game with all of these changes!
    My thoughts exactly ))

Sorry if I'm being a moron here, but the download links on the first page say 1.2 and the list of updates say 1.2.2

Have the "part 1" and "part 2" main file download links been updated to 1.2.2 (and your side note says only "part 1" has been updated). So I just replace "part 1" from the main download on the first page, then remove the fixpack?
    Last edited by Hockey85; March 05, 2018 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey85 View Post
    Sorry if I'm being a moron here, but the download links on the first page say 1.2 and the list of updates say 1.2.2

Have the "part 1" and "part 2" main file download links been updated to 1.2.2 (and your side note says only "part 1" has been updated). So I just replace "part 1" from the main download on the first page, then remove the fixpack?
    You'll just have to grab the latest update for Part 1 and remove the fixpack.

You'll just have to grab the latest update for Part 1 and remove the fixpack.
    Ok but my confusion is with which file Im downloading.

If you look at the main download on the first page here:
    1.2 Version:

Divide et Impera 1.2 Part 1
    (Mirror)
    Divide et Impera 1.2 Part 2 (Mirror)
    *Standalone requires both parts!
    Is this the up to date file for 1.2.2? This says 1.2 not 1.2.2 and the download link says patch 18.7 .............. If you go to the "previous downloads" the link also says patch 18.7

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey85 View Post
    Ok but my confusion is with which file Im downloading.

If you look at the main download on the first page here:
    1.2 Version:

Divide et Impera 1.2 Part 1
    (Mirror)
    Divide et Impera 1.2 Part 2 (Mirror)
    *Standalone requires both parts!
    Is this the up to date file for 1.2.2? This says 1.2 not 1.2.2 and the download link says patch 18.7 .............. If you go to the "previous downloads" the link also says patch 18.7
    It's just an issue of outdated title. Just use the latest update and you'll be fine. If you had the precious standalone pack (2 parts) just re download Part 1 again and remove any fixpack

All versions that have been released in the past year or so are classified as 1.2. They are just new versions of that master version, so thats why its says 1.2 there. It is to distinguish it from 1.1, which is no longer compatible. I will change it to make it more clear.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks Dresden, and the whole DeI team for an awesome mod! The new v1.2.2h version of Divide et Impera is my favorite mod. Honestly, even before this update, it's been my favorite mod for Total War Rome II. It's an excellent mod that just keeps getting better. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GJNelson View Post
    Thanks Dresden, and the whole DeI team for an awesome mod! The new v1.2.2h version of Divide et Impera is my favorite mod. Honestly, even before this update, it's been my favorite mod for Total War Rome II. It's an excellent mod that just keeps getting better. Thanks!
    Τhanks for your kind words buddy.

Thank you for addressing the research rate issue for the barbarian factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdy Daddy View Post
    Thank you for addressing the research rate issue for the barbarian factions.

Hey guys, just want to start by saying this is unambiguously the most impressive modding project I've seen in 14 year of being a keen total war fan and I love the DeI team's vision and output.

Still have some questions for you about this patch, as I'm now really struggling with the battle changes.

So having done 5 test battles now, it seems literally impossible for elite heavy cavalry to beat heavy swordsmen. Now to be clear I'm not suggesting that fight should be onesided in the cavalry's favour, but it seems to me that swordsmen isolated on an open field if repeatedly charged, should get the worst of an exchange. That's certainly the balance that has existed for the previous patch. I noticed the new power balance (in infantry's favour) when I lost 3 Selucid battles back to back (I hilariously for the first two didn't realise the patch was out, and honestly thought I'd had some sort of stroke!). In one of those 2 units of the starting Selecuid bodyguard cavalry lost to a single unit of Gallation swords (non-chosen). They did get a missile volley in but that killed about 15 of 160 (one unit was injured) horses.

Surely two of the best heavy cavalry options in the early game should do a little better against a 400 gold unbraced unit?

In testing both elite shock cavalry and elite melee cavalry in custom battles afterwards, (first Carthage's General Bodyguard and then Carthage's Shock General Bodyguard) I found both options lose decisively to standard 1k gold top tier sword infantry. I've been doing 2 units against 2, and have tried both cycle charging and prolonged melee. I am not cheesing by baiting one unit with a charge and rear charging the other cavalry unit, but I don't think cavalry's viability should be based on one very 'gamey' use case.

I always get the infantry to around 130/40 out of 200 before my elite cavalry is slaughtered.

Surely the previous balancing was a more accurate feeling status quo? Now I can only find success rear charging with my cavalry, and generally cavalry doesn't seem worth the IMMENSE increase in cost over the many infantry options.

More generally in the selecuid campaign the Galatians have gone from combat equals when fighting my pikes and heavy hoplites, and now their naked and armoured swordsmen are slaughtering my main battleline in around 4-5 minutes. I have immense faith in your team, and I appreciate the patch notes, but if you could go into more detail about the spirit and intent behind these changes then it'd be a big help. If there are good reasons I am sure I can get behind them, and it's possible you're hoping to push me from the 'tired old' total war combat style of hammer, anvil and missile. Basically I'd just appreciate some insight from you guys.

Big love and congrats on some awesome changes (the animations are sick!).