Thread: Any luck playing the Gepides? Can't get past turn 20.

Default Any luck playing the Gepides? Can't get past turn 20.

Awesome mod!

Just wondering if playing a successful campaign with the barbarian kingdom Gepides is possible? I've tried two play throughs and have not been able to get past turn 20 on either. The great migraters and the Huns make it their life's duty to wipe me off the map before I can even get a foot hold. Any suggestions or ideas would be great. I love this faction and really want to play further into the game with them.

Thanks

Default Re: Any luck playing the Gepides? Can't get past turn 20.

Quote Originally Posted by tikijoetots37 View Post
    Awesome mod!

Just wondering if playing a successful campaign with the barbarian kingdom Gepides is possible? I've tried two play throughs and have not been able to get past turn 20 on either. The great migraters and the Huns make it their life's duty to wipe me off the map before I can even get a foot hold. Any suggestions or ideas would be great. I love this faction and really want to play further into the game with them.

Thanks
    Thanks

I would suggest to start a migration from turn one and find a more quiet place to settle (the Iberian peninsula or North Africa could be an option and the Western Romans can't defend every province). That is actually what happened back in the 3rd and 4th century A.D, where migrating tribes tried to escape the Huns and seek safety on the order side of the Danube, and those who stayed mostly ended up as the Hun's subjects or allies.