Thread: [Resource] 1.2 GC Startpos Creation Kit

Default [Resource] 1.2 GC Startpos Creation Kit

DeI Grand Campaign Startpos Creation Kit

This is outdated please see the new thread - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ding-Kit-Files
    Last edited by Dresden; November 03, 2022 at 08:57 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Resource] 1.2 GC Startpos Creation Kit

Just wanted to check but will this be updated for the changes in 1.2.1 or has there been no changes from the 1.2 startpos?

I don't plan on updating it simply due to the work and issues involved in making a version of this that will work properly. So there will be some starting units you need to change and some other settings, such as Egypt's culture setting. These are all easily edited in an existing startpos after creation (or in the kit directly after importing these files)

Ok, thanks for the heads up

Sorry for the inconvenience, its just that I know this version of the kit works so its best just to keep it that way. The startpos generation being so fragile with BOB.

Maybe this isn't the right thread for this question, but would this kit make it possible to create grand campaign variants that had different, historically accurate starting points? For example, a start date of 27 BC at the dawn of the Roman Imperial Period with all reforms, factions and territory holdings appropriately updated? I'm envisioning a collection of submods that give the player a few different options of campaign starting points. Would be especially nice for those of us who play 12 TPY. Maybe thats not possible or way too much work to be practical... idk just an idea.

It would probably be easier to just make a new startpos for a new campaign date. Although, you could use the files as a base for that I guess. I have plans to add scenario submods in the future as we finalize the main mod.