Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Voivodate of Wallachia

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Wallachian Units Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    Ltd. said that he will try his best to claim a slot for a Voivodate of Maramaros to become Voivodate of Moldavia if not the Voievodate of Terra Bordini of Ploskanea starting as a Cuman vassal faction to become the Principality of Moldavia. Terra Bordini or Bordinia as names are also options.
    While he might have told you that, I have never heard of this, so I assume it is not happening. I would firmly oppose it if it came to be discussed.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Well if you are for the Cuman-Kypchak to be split into tribal leaders as factions than you must include the Bordini and their Voivode Ploskanea, faction that will evolve in tier 2 into a Vlach, Tartar and Cuman commonwealth and in tier 3 into the Moldavian Voivodeship given the fact that you chose the exact path for the Kwarazmian Empire. Your past decisions oblige you to do so otherwise I will accuse you of prefferential treatment and xenophobia.

Visarion.... Kwarazm is WAY more important and relevant to that of Moldavia. Accusing them of Xenophobia and differential treatment will NOT help your case. Be happy Wallachia is even in.

Well if you are for the Cuman-Kypchak to be split into tribal leaders as factions than you must include the Bordini and their Voivode Ploskanea, faction that will evolve in tier 2 into a Vlach, Tartar and Cuman commonwealth and in tier 3 into the Moldavian Voivodeship given the fact that you chose the exact path for the Kwarazmian Empire. Your past decisions oblige you to do so otherwise I will accuse you of prefferential treatment and xenophobia.
    I neither know about the Cuman tribes nor do I see the need for each Cuman tribe to have their own separate rosters. But that is not up to me to begin with.

The Khwarazmian direction is based on regional successors, not some kind of plot to make it into another faction entirely to suit my own agenda. My decisions do not set any kind of precedent to begin with, as they are mine and this a collaborative project. However, you still fail to properly present some kind of factual base to support your claims, which makes it exceptionally difficult to both trust the statement and to implement it in a concrete way without contradicting our policies.

If you feel that I am giving certain factions preferential treatment and am xenophobic, that is entirely up to you. I believe that I have been fair and consistent in how I deal with the various elements of this mod.

FrozenmenSS in 1300 ad. the city Mavrocastro (modern Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi in Ukraine) was returned to Bulgaria by khan Toktu of the Golden horde. Also the Bulgarian ethnic and political presence in the lands beyond the Danube in the first third of the XIVth century has been evidenced by the arabian geographer Abufeda (1273-1331 ad).

Artifex

You mean Dobrudja? Yes they were there... there is no doubt about it... until the first half of the XX-th century even... Dobrudja had a Bulgarian majority. Romanians did try to shift the ballance of the population by mass migration of Moldavian and deported indebted nobles from Baragan and also by inviting Germans, Italians and encouraging Greeks to establish here from Bessarabia and Crimea alongside the already existing Greek population. It is true if that is what you mean. Dobrudja was and should have been a Bulgarian territory if not Greek.
    Last edited by Visarion; May 05, 2017 at 09:36 AM.

Actually I was speaking about the city Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi in modern day Ukraine, which is on the Dniester river. Also Abufeda is speaking about the Dniester river.

Artifex

Oh... yes... even now there are ethnic Bulgarians around there... alongside the Gagauzi... sure they can receive that region as to ballance things a bit... no problem... I told this even before...

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lion8000 View Post
    FrozenmenSS in 1300 ad. the city Mavrocastro (modern Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi in Ukraine) was returned to Bulgaria by khan Toktu of the Golden horde. Also the Bulgarian ethnic and political presence in the lands beyond the Danube in the first third of the XIVth century has been evidenced by the arabian geographer Abufeda (1273-1331 ad).
    Yp til the 1330s Bulgaria held Southern Moldavia and from then on Moldavia was on its own.Wallachia ,even in the Collapse of the Bullgarian realms, was ally/vassal to the Bulgarians against the Ottomans till the end with Mircea the Elder.Why he did this in the first place?He was instaled as a ruler of Wallachia in 1386 by Tzar Ivan Shishman in the first place. Second common interests and so on.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Come now Visarion, let's be reasonable. While Wallachia is already a big enough of a stretch as it is, I do not agree that Moldova should be an emergent faction in he mod. There's a huge historical and geopolitical gap between AD 1212 and 1353 when Moldova was founded. The founding was also dependent on various geopolitical events that might not exactly replicate in this mod.

Creating the Voivodate of Maramaros would open the floodgates towards depicting every minor dukedom that existed in Europe during the time...which might not be a good thing.

Oh... yes... even now there are ethnic Bulgarians around there... alongside the Gagauzi... sure they can receive that region as to ballance things a bit... no problem... I told this even before...
    The medieval population of Bulgarians in southern Moldova and Budjak were assimilated into the ethnic Moldovan population centuries ago. The Bulgarians and Gagauzi populations living there today are of relatively recent origin - they were settled there by the Imperial Russian authorities during the 19th century.
    Last edited by Darios; May 05, 2017 at 10:02 AM.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Artifex

Yes but Voivodate of Maramarus was the factor that concluded the Moldavian autonomous Principality, the victor of the Golden Horde, it's not just any "minor" faction. They defeated the Hungarians, Poles and the mighty Ottomans altogether it's not just a thorn in the heel. It's not negligible quantity. Plus Maramaros together with Hungary and Szeklers defeated both the Cumans and Tartars at the end of the 13th and begining of the 14th century and was the leader of the anti-Tartar/Cuman campaign.
    Last edited by Visarion; May 05, 2017 at 10:11 AM.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Ltd. said that he will try his best to claim a slot for a Voivodate of Maramaros to become Voivodate of Moldavia if not the Voievodate of Terra Bordini of Ploskanea starting as a Cuman vassal faction to become the Principality of Moldavia. Terra Bordini or Bordinia as names are also options.

Hold on, hold on: I don't remember having ever said to open up other slots for neither the moldavians nor other factions, if for no other reason then because I want this mod to be done as soon as possible instead of dragging it out even longer.
    I agreed on adding more units to the Wallachians, since this was my plan in the first place anyway.

On the other hand, I / we appreciate our fan's and the community's excitement and their desire to make the mod more complete and accurate with the most factions possible included, but everyone needs to understand that we the mod creators are doing this in our free time and at some point we would like this "child" to be born.
    We want to play with this mod as well, not just keep creating it until we get bored by it ...

Also, let's pay more attention to who we want to accuse of what. We really have been creating rosters even for factions we have been unfamiliar with, which entails a lot of research so it really is not a matter of bias or xenophobia...

Artifex

I think you indeed said after the first release...

Artifex

@ Ltd.

I found new sources for the Late allied/vassal army of Stephen (Stefan) "the Great" Musat's Moldavian army of Vlad III "the Impaler" Dracula given the fact that Vlad offered 6,000 cavalrymen to Stefan so that he can take back Moldavia after his father, a stepson of Alexander "the Good" Musat was beheaded in front of him at a wedding by his uncle and in reply Stephen sent 4,000 elite guardsmen, most likely halberdiers to deffend Vlad after Bathory, the Voivode of Transylvania and the Duke of the Szeklers left and the Ottomans invaded once more. He was offered sanctuary by John Hunyadi, the protector of the Draculas and by the heir of Dracula himself. The Hunyadi-Corvin family was both the protector of the Dracula Clan and the Musatins during Mathias Corvin as well. Before him the grandfather of Vlad, Mircea "the Elder" Basarab aided Alexander "the Good" Musat in the same fashion. More important, the Moldavians sent in the Crusades always fought under the Wallachian Prince's authority and rule and so did the troops sent to secure Wallachia together with Szekler and Hungarian contingents. To be noted that even today "Musat" means "Handsome" in the Aromanian dialect spoken in Thessaly, Macedonia and Epirus alongside Greek.

Last edited by Visarion; May 21, 2017 at 12:33 PM.

And that painting is drawn in April 8, 2008? I don't consider it a very good source.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Yeah it's just a contemporary church painting. Stylistically it follows the medieval church paintings. And realistically the current Wallachian units are pretty much in line with the style. The Mosneni unit of the roster is pretty much exactly the same.

Artifex

1488 Augsburg Chronicon Pictum or Chronica Hungarorum by Johannes of Thurocz (Thuroczy Janos)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/cersi...ocii-sale/amp/

Icon5 Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Wallachian Units Preview

Bună!

I'm a newbie TW player and not really an history expert so I have a couple of really stupid questions, hope you'll forgive me.

First of all: if I want to know whether a unit is Early, High or Late I can look at its tier, right? Like: bronze = Early, silver = High and gold = Late?

Second: as you can see in the image below
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

there are units bearing the most familiar (to me at least) blue Wallachian coat of arms while others the red one. I've never seen the red one, even if I understand it's "the oldest description of the Wallachian flag", but it confuses me nevertheless. So, what's the difference between the blue and the red one? And why some are bearing one and others the other one? I thought Wallachia was blue...

Mulțumesc and sorry again...

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Salut !

To your first question : yes, the colour of the chevron as well as the roman numerals displayed should tell you the tier of the unit. The terms early high and late do not properly cover the actual historical timeframes, though.

To your second question: reducing any faction or nation to only one predominant colour does not really do them justice. Same in the case of the Wallachians.
    In fact, red was probably one of the most, if not the most widespread colours used in terms of heraldry , on flags and shields, across the world.
    In this particular case I took the red from Radu Oltean´s and Neagu Djuvara´s book : "De la Vlad Tepes la dracula vampirul"

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    Salut !

To your first question : yes, the colour of the chevron as well as the roman numerals displayed should tell you the tier of the unit. The terms early high and late do not properly cover the actual historical timeframes, though.

To your second question: reducing any faction or nation to only one predominant colour does not really do them justice. Same in the case of the Wallachians.
    In fact, red was probably one of the most, if not the most widespread colours used in terms of heraldry , on flags and shields, across the world.
    In this particular case I took the red from Radu Oltean´s and Neagu Djuvara´s book : "De la Vlad Tepes la dracula vampirul"
    Oh, I see. Thank you for the kind answer!