Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Voivodate of Wallachia

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Wallachian Units Preview

Hey Nikuloki great to see you on the forum man Your drawings are absolutely amazing. Please keep creating drawings of the medieval Moldavian armies man. You and Radu Oltean have been shining beacons in this area! Keep it coming. Perhaps a few things such as archers and cavalrymen would be great. And of course some higher ranking officer like a hetman or maybe a voivode too.

@LTd. Guess what mate, i actually told Niku about our good old TWC forum on pinterest. And yes I have been furiously collecting his beautiful paintings.

@Visarion. Very beautiful songs, good find. Even if they are not used in the mod still good listed. And to answer your query on the Gear thread no i haven't really done any more research I am very busy with changing careers so have not had any time for that.

About the Empire of the Vlachs (1185-1258)

Russian historian and writer Alexander A. Vasiliev considered the foremost authority on Byzantine history and culture in the mid-20th century
    in his book History of the Byzantine Empire, 324–1453 writes about Wallachians and the Empire of the Vlachs (1185-1258) :
    "
    On the basis of reliable evidence, the conclusion is that the liberating movement of the second half of the twelfth century in the Balkans was originated
    and vigorously prosecuted by the Wallachians, ancestors of the Roumanians of today; it was joined by the Bulgarians, and to some extent by the Cumans from
    beyond the Danube.
    The Wallachian participation in this important event cannot be disregarded. The best contemporary Greek source, Nicetas Choniates,
    clearly stated that the insurrection was begun by the Vlachs (Blachi); that their leaders, Peter and Asen (Asan), belonged to the same race;
    that the second campaign of the Byzantine Empire during this period was waged against the Vlachs; and that after the death of Peter and Asen
    the Empire of the Vlachs passed to their younger brother John.
    Whenever Nicetas mentioned the Bulgarians, he gave their name jointly with that of the Vlachs: Bulgarians and Vlachs.
    The western cleric Ansbert, who followed the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa in his crusade (1189-1190), narrated that in the Balkans
    the Emperor had to fight against Greeks and Vlachs, and calls Peter or Kalopeter Emperor of the Vlachs and of the most part of the Bulgarians
    (Blacorum et maxime partis Bulgarorum dominus) or imperator of the Vlachs and Cumans, or simply Emperor of the Vlachs who was called by them
    the Emperor of Greece (Kalopetrus Bachorum (Blachorum) dominus itemque a suis dictus imperator Grecie).
    Finally, Pope Innocent III in his letters to the Bulgarian King John (Calojoannes) in 1204 addressed him as “King of Bulgarians and Vlachs”(Bulgarorum et Blacorum rex);
    in answering the Pope, John calls himself “Imperator omnium Bulgarorum et Blacorum,” but signs himself “Imperator Bulgariae Calojoannes;”
    the archbishop of Trnovo calls himself “totius Bulgariae et Blaciae Primas.”
    Although the Wallachians initiated the movement of liberation, the Bulgarians without doubt took an active part in it with them, and probably
    contributed largely to the internal organization of the new kingdom.
    The Cumans also shared in the movement. The new Bulgarian kingdom was ethnologtcally a Wallachian-Bulgarian-Cuman state,
    its dynasty, if the assertion of Nicetas Choniates is accepted, being Wallachian.

Source : Alexander A. Vasiliev , History of the Byzantine Empire, 324–1453

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Good find but don't bother as they have already decided that this faction is not worth being represented even if they could add it as a sleeper faction to the greater Cuman, Bulgarian or Hungarian states.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Voivodate of Wallachia

I just updated the thread with multiple new units and reworked the existing ones, making this a complete faction as well !

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    I just updated the thread with multiple new units and reworked the existing ones, making this a complete faction as well !
    Nice update Ltd, just hope that you will find a way how to make a wallachian faction playable in grand campaign...in the end it will be best way to use this beautiful units.

Nice work, Ltd. Love it.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Nice work, it cements this faction as one of the more interesting ones (for me), whatever its status at the start of the mod.

Definitely one of the few favourite factions to play. I hope to see Moldova as well, even tho the principality officially began somewhere in the early 13 century.

MACIUCA TIME !!!

Looks great! Looking forward to fighting them as the Serbs in the campaign.
    Will the Serbs have a "Vitezovi" unit, similar to the "Viteji" ones in here? Will the team take inspiration from the Bulgarian and Walachian units that are complete, because the roster for these two is really incredible. I am sure that most of us would love to see something similar for the Serbian roster as well. Again, this looks incredible, congratulations are in order!

How terrible it must be to face us; the sons of the wolf and the bear! Even now fear works in the bowels of our foes! I do not fight with a cool head today, I admit it. My eyes see only a red mist. I do not want them to run from battle, I want their heads on our pikes by evening! We go now to our bloody business!

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

The first AAR with Voivodeship of Wallachia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSlHxbWLWVc

The mod looks awesome