Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Report

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Default Bug Report

I cant find were to report them so i just made this topic for the time being

I seen to have problem with the preference it seem that no matter what i do in game they go back the way they are scriped on the preference file after i re start my game . any ideas?
    (this is probably no the mod fault but rather some bad setting i had made)

Default Re: Bug Report

You have to use the main exe to setup the preferences.

Any preferences set while using the @ -switch won't be saved.

So start the game the old way, set the preferences as you want, save and quit.

Make copy of your config file. Add "[feature] mod=DarthMod" to the top of the copied file (check the current DarthMod.cfg to copy paste it). Rename DarthMod.cfg to something else. Rename the edited copy of your preferences to DarhMod.cfg. Play.

I thoug doing something like that but wont it be easier to start game normaly put my settings then copy and paste them on the existence file or like that can make it not to work?

This must be a mod-switch issue.
    I did the following.
    I erased everything included in DarthMod.cfg except the first line which says:

[features]
    mod = DarthMod
    Then when you start the game with DarthMod.exe you will be able to change the settings and save them.

Weird but it works.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Darth, there's someting with heavy infantry vs pikeman. If the heavy infantry charges the pike wall, some pikeman will die even without the attacking infantry touching them.

NoRbAk's Avatar Civis

Hey!

Wow there are some bugs here!

Thanks for reporting...

I haven't yet seen any pikemen die without being touched, but I tried Hassassin vs. scottish pikemen and the hassassin simply cant go through spear wall... they just stand there at the tip of the pikes and can't find a way to actually kill anybody...

I'm sending some screens to your mail, darth...
    Join the dark side!
    Help me test M2TW darthmod! Msg me! You can be a betatester too!

- NoRb4K - Darthmod betatesting team (;-P)

norbak do u mine posting them here ^^

ok there are some trigers on ancilliary that are buged here is 1 i read about

Trigger pet_bloodhound_vnv_trigger
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition EndedInSettlement
    and RemainingMPPercentage = 100
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= farms+2
    and IsGeneral

AcquireAncillary overseer chance 10

fix it by changing name

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger pet_bloodhound_vnv_trigger
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition EndedInSettlement
    and RemainingMPPercentage = 100
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= farms+2
    and IsGeneral

AcquireAncillary pet_bloodhound chance chance 10

Default Re: History of DarthMod_M2TW Lite V1.0!

This mod CTD with the 1.1 installation, what do i EXACTLY have to do in order to get this mod working?
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Just downloaded your mod ... and started a campaign ... noticed that for some reason the city is off the cursor mark by one or two left or sometimes right. Any ideas why this might be happening ... it is kind of difficult to play in this fashion!

ok go to ur preference file named DarthMod and open it with notepad
    look for this comand and unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1make sure it said 1 and not 0 if it said 0 it mean it have the limit puting 1 make it to unlock the limit .

also u have may notices that option reset back everytime u change them or some of them so change the file on property and make it read only that way it wont change back ^^

(that fixed my old problem hammni and darth i forgot u neded to do that so they dont reset back [for nex version make the file preference read-only])

NoRbAk's Avatar Civis

Sure! I will post screens here but... I'm noob on twcenter ... how do I do it?

Sry
    Join the dark side!

Default Re: History of DarthMod_M2TW Lite V1.0!

I get a CTD whenever I enter a battle (no probs at Strategic Level).

All I have is vanilla patched to 1.1 and I unzipped the files to the root directory (following instructions). I get the new loading screens, etc so it appears to have installed OK.

Anyone else with similar probs?

NoRbAk's Avatar Civis

Seems like you are the only one 4 now.

Active error logfile to see where is CTD coming from.

@darth... damn passive ai still happens at some long bridges
    Join the dark side!

Default Problem with crossbow line of fire in city / fort

When playing the milanese with genoese crossbowmen milita on a defense wall the parapet blocks a large portion of the field of fire resulting in only about 1 in 10 milita firing. As a result crossbowmen cannot be used to defend a city / fort.

Is there a way to turn off your field of fire mod, or amend it so that units can fire over their own defences.

Regards

ya i notice that too crossbowman dont seem to fire on walls but im not sure if this was a vanilla error or mod error will look into it

I don't know if this is a bug, but the agent videos, such as assassination and spy, don't work anymore. I have all the videos set to "1" in both the Vanilla and DarthMod config file, and yet it still doesn't work. This occurs with DarthMod and not with the Vanilla version. I have tried starting new campaign and the videos still don't come up. Maybe this is an intention of the mod; if so, please tell me how to make the videos work agin.

copy ur fmv on ur data folder into darthmod folder and also the sound folder ^^

@Pietrak
    Darth, there's someting with heavy infantry vs pikeman. If the heavy infantry charges the pike wall, some pikeman will die even without the attacking infantry touching them.
    Hmmm...do not know..can the beta team look to this pls?

@jaklei
    This mod CTD with the 1.1 installation, what do i EXACTLY have to do in order to get this mod working?
    The installation instructions are noted in the download thread and in ReaDarth inside. General for all mods using the mod switch.

@dutch81
    Just downloaded your mod ... and started a campaign ... noticed that for some reason the city is off the cursor mark by one or two left or sometimes right. Any ideas why this might be happening ... it is kind of difficult to play in this fashion!
    Cannot understand the issue but does not seem to be related with the mod unless you installed smthg wrong. My guess...maybe you did not transfer all the files I have inside.(From world folder)

@IZ-Master:
    (that fixed my old problem hammni and darth i forgot u neded to do that so they dont reset back [for nex version make the file preference read-only])
    The read-only does not fix the problem I think...the solution I mentioned above is the best probably and will be used in later version.

@Kondor999
    I get a CTD whenever I enter a battle (no probs at Strategic Level).

All I have is vanilla patched to 1.1 and I unzipped the files to the root directory (following instructions). I get the new loading screens, etc so it appears to have installed OK.

Anyone else with similar probs?
    Hmmm...it should not happen...
    Maybe you have by mistake overwritten smthg of the core files.
    But also you must use the exact structure provided when you open and unrar my file to the last level where the bat files exist. These you copy as they are in root M2TW folder(with the exe in it) and you should play if you click Launch_DarthMod....

@Pilum
    When playing the milanese with genoese crossbowmen milita on a defense wall the parapet blocks a large portion of the field of fire resulting in only about 1 in 10 milita firing. As a result crossbowmen cannot be used to defend a city / fort.

Is there a way to turn off your field of fire mod, or amend it so that units can fire over their own defences.

Regards
    Well the clear line of sight demands that they can see what they kill. So only front row mostly will fire in walls. This needs a good positioning from your side or a modding offset of possible unit position of troops in wall so that they can see more troops.

@TTSEC
    I don't know if this is a bug, but the agent videos, such as assassination and spy, don't work anymore. I have all the videos set to "1" in both the Vanilla and DarthMod config file, and yet it still doesn't work. This occurs with DarthMod and not with the Vanilla version. I have tried starting new campaign and the videos still don't come up. Maybe this is an intention of the mod; if so, please tell me how to make the videos work agin.
    These are unfortunatelly features of the mod switch. In order to play fully a mod you have to move or copy certain files to work fully.
    I have chosen to include them ost vital. Or else you would get a GB mod.
    Even historicsl missions will not work in the mods unless you copy the whole Data/world file....

The Norbak post will be moved to open source DarthMod.

Regarding crossbowmen issues on wall. Problem doesn't lie in second row not firing, second and I think 3rd row will fire aswell, problem is that they can't shoot through the parapet, if they're behind it, so you end up with 50% of crossbowmen shooting in best case. I'm not at home now, so I can't post picture of it, but just start a siege battle with crossbowmen, place them 2 or 3 ranks deep and once enemy is in range, watch which of them reload/shoot and which don't.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast