Thread: Modding Turns Per Year (Restoring Vanilla Running Time)

Default Modding Turns Per Year (Restoring Vanilla Running Time)

Hi guys,

I've been playing (and loving) Stainless Steel since the very first version and I've recently rediscovered the addiction. Let's face it, a well modded version of Medieval II still smokes the out of anything that Creative Assembly have done since (or are likely to in the future, it appears). One thing thing that I miss though, is getting to use gunpowder weapons. I mean, they show up eventually, but not before I've effectively conquered most of the game world and so I only ever get to use (and face) them when I'm already in a position to just throw stacks at every enemy and win with ease.

My assumption is that this is down to the altered turns per year setting for Stainless Steel. Am I correct in that and, if so, how do I change it?

I've done some minor file modding in the past, but it's been years since I last got into it. So, if someone can tell me how to speed up the years in the game a bit, or point me to a submod that does it for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Default Re: Modding Turns Per Year (Restoring Vanilla Running Time)

play this submod LordMoloch, for me and many players is the next stainless steel, it has 2 turns per year(summer and winter)and start in 1132, also is so historical,realistic and difficult so when you get gundpowers sure that you will not conquest so much..., also it has a high campaign that start in 1236 i think,try it and enjoy

SSHIP SUBMOD
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...roject-(SSHIP)
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 07, 2017 at 07:31 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW