Thread: Game Won't Stay in Windowed Mode

Default Game Won't Stay in Windowed Mode

I tried editing the "default" config file to set the lines to "windowed=true" and "borderless_window=true," but they always reset back to false after launching the game.

Then I read the FAQ section that said the in-game resolution has to be the same as the desktop resolution, otherwise it will force disable it, which is what was happening.

I did that, and now the lines aren't changing back, but what is the point of the windowed mode if the desktop and in-game resolutions are the same? I tried changing the in-game resolution to something lower afterward, but it did not revert to windowed mode.

The config file lines are still true though. What did I do wrong?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Game Won't Stay in Windowed Mode

I think you also need to save your file with the "read only" attribute if I remember correctly.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I think you also need to save your file with the "read only" attribute if I remember correctly.
    Yes, I did that, and I checked: the lines don't change. But it still doesn't stay in windowed mode. It does go to borderless windowed mode for a split second before the loading screen, and then it takes up the whole screen, even though its at a lower resolution (1080p vs 1366p). I play borderless windowed mode for Europa Barbarorum II so I know it works, but it doesn't for Stainless Steel apparently.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure it does work with SS. Need to check and will revert.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader