Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Albion Total War - the original thread

Default Re: [WIP] Albion - Total War

Albion TW is featured at ModDB's frontpage :

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

That's awesome!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Of course it would be, your work Zantorian is marvelous and deserves all the praise it can get!

Well, thanks you isa0005, but I don't feel I should take credit for everything, as without permissions of other great work and without amazing tutorials on how to mod in the first place, this wouldn't exist. Nonetheless, back by popular demand

William Wallace:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Owain
    Glyndŵr:

2 new resources, Grain farm, Market town:

I'm making a vineyard as a resource that will be placed in France, any ideas for others?

Question simplified folks:

Wallace 1?

or Wallace 2?

If 2 is used I can include his coat of arms as an ancillary for his biography..

Share thoughts please
    Last edited by Zantorian; April 09, 2017 at 11:15 AM.

Foederatus

Personally, I would go for the historical option (3rd picture)

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI P7-L10 utilizzando Tapatalk

Centenarius

Well, i always wanted to see an historical William Wallace; so i vote for the number 1. But the second one looks good too, maybe you could release it as an optional patch?.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Yep, I would stick with historical version too, even if the 2nd is very nice.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Agree with the gent's before me; hope you'll find some use of the other version though ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Civis

I'd prefer version 1, albeit with a great helm and a caparisoned steed (I can't link Osprey photos here, but their version of Wallace at Stirling strikes me as the most historically convincing)

Well guys, the decision seems to be unanimous! The new modified William Wallace (thanks to thick1988 and dejawolf for the models made my life much easier):

Nothing is lost, the other "Highlander Wallace" will be used as Scotland's highland faction's (Lordship of Badenoch) captain model

@TheAngryGreek AFAIK I don't think I can assign a specific horse to a model, it goes with the whole set used by that model randomly. Unless someone enlightens me how with model comments or the sort...

Only problem I have with Osprey images is they often use Scotland's blue saltire flag, when I read that historically it wasnt used as an actual flag until later..
    Although the earliest use as a national symbol can be traced to the seal of the Guardians of Scotland in 1286,[25] material evidence for the Saltire being used as a flag, as opposed to appearing on another object such as a seal, brooch or surcoat, dates from somewhat later. The huge heraldic standard of the Great Michael had the "Sanct Androis cors" on a blue background in the Hoist[26] and by 1542 a white saltire set against a blue background was depicted as being the flag of Scotland.[9] An even earlier example known as the "Blue Blanket of the Trades of Edinburgh", reputedly made by Queen Margaret, wife of James III (1451–1488), also shows a white saltire on a blue field.[7] However, in this case the saltire is not the only emblem to be portrayed.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by Zantorian; April 09, 2017 at 09:24 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I would have liked a combination of the two honestly
    But it seems the decision has been made so oh well
    Either way, love your work, keep it up
    Can't wait to see more! XD

I am looking for other unique characters to add, some include Edward Bruce, The Black Douglas, Roger Mortimer, William de Valence, Henry de Bohun, de Cressingham, and the list goes on. There is a slight limit to approx. 10 per faction I believe if I include strat models, but that still makes for plenty.. I would like to ask the community for character suggestions to be created. Don't hold any back, list away who you would like to see in the mod (Irish, Hebridean, Welsh, Breton lords, or knights etc). I want the mod to go until around the end of the hundred years war, which gives the mods time frame a decent length at 2 turns per year. So any characters within around that period 1274 AD to Hundred years war roughly

EDIT: I had my dates mixed up, the mod will go until roughly the END of the 100 years war.
    Last edited by Zantorian; April 10, 2017 at 09:42 PM.

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Even though you're just going to the start of the Hundred Years War, you could The Black Prince for England.

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Also, I'm not sure if you'll do him with Wallace, but if not, Andrew Moray would be a good pick.

I've been trying to step my screenshot game up lately. I've re-compiled my resources and made a couple new ones for now that makes 9 models.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well done!

Now to figure out how to hold tournaments with generals placed on tourney resource

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Now that would be a piece of wizardry ^^

Guess the next best thing is to restrict the tourney-buildings to the resource?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Yep, certain buildings will be restricted to resource by the EDB. I'm brainstorming... Maybe if as a condition your general stays on tourney resource for a turn I script a "battle" to happen in which I model a tournament general (have each factions generic texture). Create a battle map that is like an open tournament field with tents etc... And your general alone dukes it out with a random "tourney" knight.. I don't think I would be able to have each special characters model etc take part as they have their general unit etc (not sure If I can have the game see who it is, instead of what it is on the resource (character near tile?) Wouldn't want the real general to die in either case anyways.. Upon victory condition I give cool stats to the victorious general standing on the resource....
    Last edited by Zantorian; April 16, 2017 at 06:07 AM.