Thread: Ship in a bottle

Default Ship in a bottle

Okay, so I have this problem. In my games, sometimes a navy will get stuck in a little inland lake, like this one in Veneto province or the one in Nicaea for another example I've seen this happen at.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this and if I can fix it?
    Besides being a permanent eyesore (even if the faction is destroyed it'll be a rebel fleet!) it must be taking up resources from Venice and possibly even causing CTD or bugs. I could imagine this being a problem if another unit gets sent to the same lake by the same process, and the two are stuck on the same tile with nowhere to move to... would a ship attempting to force itself on a land tile cause a CTD for instance? Who knows...

Default Re: Ship in a bottle

The reason for this is pretty simple: If you move a character next to a lake, you are able to recruit mercenary ships (if the settlement is connected to the ocean), that is exactly what the AI does. Usually the AI will recruit any merc. unit that is available if they have money and is not smart enough to disband them if not needed. Consider this as a flaw in the game engine logic and just ignore it, as there is nothing you can do about it.

Just look at it in RP purposes as some rich guy's yacht out for a sail on the lake... maybe its a house boat

Would be neat if you went into a land battle right next to the lake and you could see the ship sailing aimlessly in the distance hehe.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

What I find funny is that both ships have only 3 men how is that possible?? Haha

The main way to stop this happening is to edit the mercenaries file and remove mercenary ships from the relevant regions.
    You'll need to start a new campaign.
    Or you can edit the map and fill in the lakes

or you can try use the show_cursorstat to get the coordinates then move_character to move the ships on sea

I prefer the "yacht" route
    3 guys per boat? Im tellin ya.... that's just some rich yuppies out for a cruise.
    Last edited by Duck of Death; February 13, 2017 at 06:02 PM.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!