Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Risorgimento 1859 - The Franco-Austrian War

Default Re: Risorgimento 1859 - The Franco-Austrian War

As stated before make sure that the user.script is read with the changes applied to it. Uncheck "Read Only" before saving it.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

The_hussler I am somewhat relieved to hear that it is not only me having issues with this mod. I have installed 100's of mods before, and some of those mods were very difficult to install way more than this one! This resiorgimento mod is fairly easy to install. Yet no matter what I do even though i follow all of the instructions to the letter, and i have a completely new clean install of NTW, it's still is not working. So there has to be at least 1 file that is corrupted, even if it was due to the "Read Only" issue you would at least still see the new units in custom battle. But those new units don't come up at all everything is blanked out. Just to prove it to you I have installed mods on ETW and it doesn't matter whether "Read Only" is checked or unchecked. Also as I said before I made 100% sure that I unchecked this for this mod and copy pasted the scripts in the right place that I had to create on my own. Its unfortunate because I really like this era the Victorian age and there such few mods out there around this time period. Hopefully Sirlion in the future, you can just make a self installer where it just automatically loads the files on to NTW.

My user.script never had the read only option checked, even just after creating the file. Can you upload a previous version of the mod, let's say before the campaign? I guess if we can run it, we can narrow down the problem. Or upload the files on a different site?

Just one complaint: number of armies and their upkeep is too high. I have nothing against high upkeep but if you play with any available nation you cannot sustain your economy and go bankrupt. It is ruining the game. I want to play with my beloved Austria without bankruptcy.

Well first I'm happy to know that you dont have problems with the campaign map, I was starting to get worried. You're in luck, I'll release an update shortly after the weekend.
    Last edited by Sirlion; April 05, 2017 at 11:45 PM.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Well first I'm happy to know that you dont have problems with the campaign map, I was starting to get worried. You're in luck, I'll release an update shortly after the weekend.
    How do you mean problems with campaign map? I am interested since Northern Italy is one of my favorite maps. I have to emphasize that this period is my absolute favorite (along side with the 16th century). And I like your slow approach to battles with reducing speed of units. Only one tweak is enough to make everything complete for me and that is, besides bankruptcy, making artillery shoot also shrapnel shot. Shrapnel was prevalent in this era.

Crimean War up next!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav Mahler View Post
    How do you mean problems with campaign map? I am interested since Northern Italy is one of my favorite maps. I have to emphasize that this period is my absolute favorite (along side with the 16th century). And I like your slow approach to battles with reducing speed of units. Only one tweak is enough to make everything complete for me and that is, besides bankruptcy, making artillery shoot also shrapnel shot. Shrapnel was prevalent in this era.
    There are a couple of people in this thread that had problems running the campaign, I meant to say that I'm glad the problem is not widespread. In any case, the update is taking a bit more because I have other projects to attend to this week, but I ran some other tests and you're right, the upkeep is definitely too high for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    Crimean War up next!!!???
    Not by me. But if I get enough requests and +rep... maybe. We'll see.
    My Mods and Projects

Update with new French zouaves, dragoons, general's staff and guard artillery up in the first post. Unit prices, campaign upkeep and movement points have been reworked as well.
    My Mods and Projects

Update with new French zouaves, dragoons, general's staff and guard artillery up in the first post. Unit prices, campaign upkeep and movement points have been reworked as well.
    Great. I will play it right now.

Hello! I downloaded your new version and tried to install it the way you describe but to no avail. Then I thought of NTW mod manager and worked using it. I don't know why and how it didn't work the usual way but now I am playing the mod as France, I have the units, the generals ect. Why are units using pike square formation instead of the normal one? And generals are 100 years old. I also didn't get the map on campaign screen but had no problem starting the campaign itself. I guess it has something to do with the startpros?

Quote Originally Posted by The_hussar View Post
    Hello! I downloaded your new version and tried to install it the way you describe but to no avail. Then I thought of NTW mod manager and worked using it. I don't know why and how it didn't work the usual way but now I am playing the mod as France, I have the units, the generals ect. Why are units using pike square formation instead of the normal one? And generals are 100 years old. I also didn't get the map on campaign screen but had no problem starting the campaign itself. I guess it has something to do with the startpros?
    I managed to make it work manually but agree with you Hussar that there is no campaign map screen at the beginning when you pick factions and generals are old - from 90 to over 100 years. Napoleon III is quite young at age 90. As for pike square I am for it and think that that is the usual Sirlion's sign - I use his submod for LME 4 and am fully satisfied with full squares. Full square is harder to destroy by cav.

Started campaign as French, upkeep is satisfying. Will test later Austrian upkeep, since they have loads of troops and armies.

I'm glad you managed somehow. I have never ever used ModManager and yet I can run any mod with no problems at all. I wonder why.
    In any case, the reason I use pike square is clear, I quote myself from the Realism Core page

it is intended to be that way. I changed square to pike formation because it is most accurate in comparison to the tiny, silly NTW square, which is only 2 ranks deep and has no purpose other than looking pretty. Real squares were huge formations of multiple companies and they were several ranks deep, easy target for artillery and very dense. Pike square adds the vulnerability to artillery and density that standard NTW square doesnt have.
    On a side note, I have no idea why the italian map doesnt show up. It's probably related to something inside the startpos, but I've not figured out what exactly. The age of the generals is irrelevant, however if it is concerning to you, there is a rather "quick" method to get it right. I usually never bother with such details because they are really minor and, for the amount of work required to modify them, simply not worth the time spent. I value time very much despite having aplenty, that is no excuse to waste any.
    Last edited by Sirlion; April 18, 2017 at 03:06 PM.
    My Mods and Projects

Hi, I did everything what should have been to install, but it won't work. Everytime I start the Coalition campaign and have to select a faction to play with, I don't see the faction leaders' faces and the map is blank. When I try to start the game despite all that it crashes... What to do?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ogimaa View Post
    Hi, I did everything what should have been to install, but it won't work. Everytime I start the Coalition campaign and have to select a faction to play with, I don't see the faction leaders' faces and the map is blank. When I try to start the game despite all that it crashes... What to do?
    Last edited by The Shark; May 06, 2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogimaa
    Some people have no problems with it, others do. In your case, according to some users, you need to launch the mod with Napoleon Mod Manager. Please try it out and report back, if it works for you too I'll add it to the installation notes and download. Do not play with the italian campaign as suggested above because it wont work.
    Last edited by Sirlion; May 06, 2017 at 04:56 PM.
    My Mods and Projects

Libertus

Some people have no problems with it, others do. In your case, according to some users, you need to launch the mod with Napoleon Mod Manager. Please try it out and report back, if it works for you too I'll add it to the installation notes and download. Do not play with the italian campaign as suggested above because it wont work.
    Oh sorry

Anyone up for an MP game ?

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

Wow, I haven't checked on this mod's progress in a while. I recently reinstalled Napoleon and gave this a try.
    First Impression:
    Uniforms, well done.
    Soldiers move a bit too slow for me. Battles take forever.
    Also I'm not sure if it was intentional, but soldiers take forever to kill. Like in a five minute engagement, only 10-20 soldiers die? Should you make the reload or accuracy faster? Maybe I play too much Shogun....

"Amy Pond, there is one thing you'd better understand about me, 'cause its important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box."