Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Improved War mod.New version after patch.8.1 Today 17 july.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Improved War mod.New version after patch.8.1 Today 17 july.

This is mod who merge several mods and have some tweaks made by my self. It intent to be a most realistic possible.The original games have a lack of many stuffs who are very important to me ,blood and mainly a real behaviour.

I use the Napoleon: Lines of Battle from Josst as a base mod. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=371329

-Increase the weapons range,artillery and personal ones.
    -Reduce the killer ratio ,now you can play for a long time.
    -Add blood.
    -More 30% ammunitions
    -10% more reload time
    -Long battles.
    -Add a improved cavalry charge(the cavalry enter in the enemy line with a great impact.
    -Add "no traces".
    -Add a extra line to infantry and grenadiers ,now they have 5 and 4 ranks ,all the cavalry have 4 ranks to.
    -All the artillery have 4,5 or 6 cannons even without multiplier.
    -Add various sounds ,from Radious.
    -New explosions, from WILLIEHUNTZ.
    - AUM units from Swiss Halberdier.
    -Add Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) ,tanks to Iutland -
    -The unit numbers are changed.The light units have 160 men and the greanadiers 150.(This mod works better in visual terms if you use the multiplier,see above ,set it to x1.88 to get 300 men,as i add some extra ranks, 160 men looks to "square")
    -Many AI tweaks.
    -This mod have many other material ,sorry if I forget some credits.

8.1 version. many stuff added. The new version is a rar file , is smaller but have more stuff.

[/B]

Place the two files in data folder and the script in the script folder ,you know.

Another point. IMO the unit multiplier works better then the files unit number changes, in performance terms,this could be because creates a less variety of faces and uniforms.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335867
    Last edited by pajomife; July 21, 2010 at 07:08 PM.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Improved Gameplay mod.

so is this an add on to Tyrant overhaul, or is this file here the whole thing, nothing else is needed?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    so is this an add on to Tyrant overhaul, or is this file here the whole thing, nothing else is needed?
    This file have the Tyrant changes to,and much more,like the blood mod and many units stats changes to reduce the blood bath, and made the battles longer and more realistic.

right, so all i need is this then? ok what are the instalation instructions?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

right, so all i need is this then? ok what are the instalation instructions?
    Man, Im so sorry ,I assumme that all people use mods.
    Just place the file ,after unrar, in your Napoleon Data folder.Then play a custom battle, if the line units range is 100 meters the mod is loaded. Tanks for the advice.

nice I will try.
    Join Date - April 04, 2005

thanks man appreciate it....i do use mods, just this was the first one i lookded at for empire and its so different from Med II.

Senator

-3 Rants fire.(Tanks again to Dogmeat) This should be -3 Ranks fire.(Tanks again to Dogmeat) or not?

How do I know if three ranks fire is working? I don't see it happening in custom battles.

i also assume i should edit the script file accordingly...like put in "pajo.pak;"

A queik one.
    Now you have made the battles last longer, have you then given the infantry more ammo ?
    I like the idear of your mod, so might give it try
    Higgings.

Default Re: Improved War mod.

Roth , if your line infantry have a range of 100 this mod is working, you can see it placing the mouse over a unit in a custom battle menu, if this happen the other mod stuff must work fine to, do you sure you dont use a skirmish unit? They have another fire drill.

Oi Benfiquista. I will try it. This mod have any effect in campaigns?

is it only elite infantry that 3 ranks cuz my line dont do crap

Quote Originally Posted by Hero_of_All View Post
    is it only elite infantry that 3 ranks cuz my line dont do crap
    Try it now,new file.

Quote Originally Posted by metenojo View Post
    Oi Benfiquista. I will try it. This mod have any effect in campaigns?
    Olá pá.I don't know, I don't have much feedback.I will try it today or tomorrow.

effect is FBR in custom battle, but no effect in campaign mode or Napoleon's Battles mode

ill try that new file

edit: with new file still no go with the campaign and Battles modes...it seems that it only works in custom battles...it works great in custom battles thats for sure, and it should also be noted that early units, like militia, fencibles, Rev infantry and the like will not shoot by rank, the grenadiers will, thats how i figured it wasnt working used the french in a custom and in my Italia campaign, and the grens fired by rank in custom but not in campaign.

im gonna try the tyrant overhaul mod by itself and see if perhaps the issue resides there.
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; March 04, 2010 at 06:52 PM.

effect is FBR in custom battle, but no effect in campaign mode or Napoleon's Battles mode

ill try that new file

edit: with new file still no go with the campaign and Battles modes...it seems that it only works in custom battles...it works great in custom battles thats for sure, and it should also be noted that early units, like militia, fencibles, Rev infantry and the like will not shoot by rank, the grenadiers will, thats how i figured it wasnt working used the french in a custom and in my Italia campaign, and the grens fired by rank in custom but not in campaign.

im gonna try the tyrant overhaul mod by itself and see if perhaps the issue resides there.
    I dont know if you use more mods ,but I come ,right now, from a Egyptian campaign and after research fire and advance ,I just play a big battle and my units have this drill,Fire by rank.

(In the techs three we resarch fire and advance but we get fire by rank).Confirmed.

Default Re: Improved War mod.(Fire by rank in campaing,long ranges,longer battles,no kill fest)

Did you try a new game or started a save, do to it might not be save friendly... Just asking..

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    I dont know if you use more mods ,but I come ,right now, from a Egyptian campaign and after research fire and advance ,I just play a big battle and my units have this drill,Fire by rank.

(In the techs three we resarch fire and advance but we get fire by rank).Confirmed.
    we must have figured that out almost simultaneously, i was just about to edit my post...yep i researched it and there it is...good stuff.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast