Hi,

I'm working on a submod for fourth age total war and in order to fix a bug I would need to make everything in skyboxes fully transparent, except clouds (clouds should have transparency depending on... well their transparency ). Heavily clouded and lightly clouded skies were easy to make in Photoshop/Gimp since heavily clouded skies have almost no alpha and clear skies have only a few small clouds and some haze at the horizon. Half cloudy skies however are hard to make in photoshop/gimp and I was never satisfied with the result. I know it's possible to make good looking clouds in 3dsmax, however my 3dsmax skills are close to non-existing (I can only do very basic stuff like editing existing models or making very simple models).

Could someone explain me step by step how to create such a skybox in 3dsmax? It would be even better if anyone would like to do it for me. (I will give you +REP & credit in both cases). I would need to make 8 skyboxes, the top part of the skybox should have a resolution of 1024x1024 the sides 1024x512 and there's no bottom. All the sides and top should overlap each other with 4 or 8 pixels to get seamless transitions (I don't know for sure which of the two numbers is right so I'll have to test that). Also the clouds should not have a too dramatic lighting and highlights should have a slightly warmer color temperature than shadows.

This is an example of a heavily clouded skybox that I made in photoshop:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!