Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [Farewell]True Legions for True Romans / Obsolete

Default Re: [Submod]True Legions for True Romans / Marian Legions and Battlescar Update

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Gilmor View Post
    I am eagerly looking forward to seeing your overhaul of the auxilia troops my friend!

As too the shield discussion that has popped up, perhaps going for a compromise and mixing the oval shields and the augustan shields would be a good choice. That doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility to me that such a thing would have happened, and it would show a little less uniformity with the auxilia troops as compared to the legions.
    Thanks Gilmor my friend,

I think i'm gonna take the initiative and give sword auxiliary troops to Augustan shields and leave the spear units with the flat ovals. It's my final decision. In couple days i'll share the first samples with you.

alex_shields's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Submod]True Legions for True Romans / Marian Legions and Battlescar Update

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Gilmor View Post
    I am eagerly looking forward to seeing your overhaul of the auxilia troops my friend!

As too the shield discussion that has popped up, perhaps going for a compromise and mixing the oval shields and the augustan shields would be a good choice. That doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility to me that such a thing would have happened, and it would show a little less uniformity with the auxilia troops as compared to the legions.
    I think that's a great idea Happy_Gilmor. Legionaire seems pretty set on what he wants to do but my opinion is that your idea here is the best, and probably most realistic, compromise. But that's just my opinion...

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Btw LL, could you make the parts of this mod modular?
    F.e. for those who have slower PCs but still want to use your awesome Marian Legionaries
    I'd say a good divide would be in the Eras Republican, Marian and, when it's finished, Imperial

Thx again for all the hard work
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by alex_shields View Post
    I think that's a great idea Happy_Gilmor. Legionaire seems pretty set on what he wants to do but my opinion is that your idea here is the best, and probably most realistic, compromise. But that's just my opinion...
    Gilmor' idea makes a lot of sense to me. I was all like full Augustan but i think i'll give a shot to that idea and let me see how it looks and all I'll share my small experiment as soon as i can guys

@Maetharin,
    After i finish the full release ofc i can do that my friend But i'm on tweaks and polish session and need to finish Auxiliary Cohorts to finish.

Thank you for the feedback guys, truly appreciated!
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; February 09, 2017 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    Btw LL, could you make the parts of this mod modular?
    F.e. for those who have slower PCs but still want to use your awesome Marian Legionaries
    I'd say a good divide would be in the Eras Republican, Marian and, when it's finished, Imperial

Thx again for all the hard work
    Is this mod that slows your PC down, or is DEI?

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Oh my PC has no problems with a OC GTX 970
    I just though it would be a good idea for those of us who donīt have enough power in their system and have to use the offical less variation submod anyway just to play DeI.
    Now with this on top the less variation submod would be pretty much useless.
    Especially if they simply wanted to use the Marian Legionary shield.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    Oh my PC has no problems with a OC GTX 970
    I just though it would be a good idea for those of us who donīt have enough power in their system and have to use the offical less variation submod anyway just to play DeI.
    Now with this on top the less variation submod would be pretty much useless.
    Especially if they simply wanted to use the Marian Legionary shield.
    What you mean by power, the only thing that i understand is enough hdd space to install Otherwise there's nothing special with the mod i mean performance wise. And the main game is nearly four years old. If people don't push hard on their rigs by using lots of graphic mods and abnormally high graphic setting then there won't be a problem (for all / game / mod / submod theyre all in the same boat). When you've posted first i thought that you're having performance problems. But it seems there's none. After a second feedback/check given to me who has a avarage rig... a friend of mine i'm convinced that the issue is not with the performance and mod works perfectly fine by just little tweaking.

I think its better to keep the mod intact and whole as it is.

Salve Citizens,

Happy weekends all, i want to present you an optional mod for the True Legions. Loading screens for True Romans.

As a classic arts and literature lover i always liked the paintings of triumphs, battles, political incidents, death of heroes and such. I was thinking why not bring those as loading screens. And i carefully selected in total 24 high res pictures and made it as loading UI mod.

You'll find many historic moments of Roman period. From Cicero' denounce of Catilina to Triumphal arch of Aemilius Paullus, Surrender of Perseus of Macedon to daily panaromas from Roman life.

Full credits of course goes to fantastic artists of those paintings such as Sir Alma Tadema, Alexander Svedomsky, Jean Leon Gerome and many.

Here are the sample screens of the mod,

Glory of the past,

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Regards,
    Little Legionaire

Installation
    Unzip the archived file first. And then simply drag and drop mod files into data folder and enable. Mod will replace DEI loading screens. If you like them leave it if not just delete. That's all.

Download link
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; February 14, 2017 at 03:04 AM.

Default Re: [Submod]True Legions for True Romans / Optional Loading Screen Art Update

Ah man, its about time vanilla all Teutoburg massacre type loading screens were replaced!
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Submod]True Legions for True Romans / Optional Loading Screen Art Update

Gratias! I'll download it immediately.

Not sure why but the loading screens aren't working for me.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Not sure why but the loading screens aren't working for me.
    rename? @OP is this compatible with 1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Yeah I figured it out, works now...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    It's compatible and tested before the release accordingly, all you need to do is just unzip the file and drop the mod files into data folder. That's all.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

COOL!

Nice work, but personally I would prefer a different shape cheeks, examples below:

Quote Originally Posted by marko1805 View Post
    Nice work, but personally I would prefer a different shape cheeks, examples below:

As opposed to...?

Look at the new model montefortino

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

There's a new montefortino model?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    There's a new montefortino model?
    Yes, its wip,

Actually there'll be two variants. One plain and another is decorated