Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: [Farewell]True Legions for True Romans / Obsolete

Default Re: [Submod]True Legions for True Romans / Samnite Update

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    The mod only contains variantmeshdefinitions and seems to have the according models. It works but I deleted all Gre_ variantmeshes because they overwrite the new DeI stuff.
    Can you tell me where you can delete the greek meshes variants because the mod still works superb it only overwrites the new shield meshes of bronze thorax and chaonon agema with the old ones? Everything else works perfectly fine as usual!

Senator

Beware, I'm writing from memory, as I'm not on my PC. You open leg12.pack in the steam ... R2:TW "data" folder with the PFM, you see "variantmeshes" with two folders under, "variantmodels" and "variantmeshdefinitions". The files which define how the units look on the battlefield are under "variantmeshdefinitions". You see all listed and named in a way you can more or less guess for what they are. Delete anything with Gre_ or only the files for some of the units, as you wish. You can delete by right clicking a file and then choose "delete". In the end save or just close the PFM and click "save" in the options.

If you need to know what variantmeshdefinition is used by what unit, you can see it in the unit_variant_tables in the DeI part1 db folder. Sometimes it can be tricky, yesterday I tried to change f.e. the Macedon Chalkaspides and Peltastai Phalangitai, to give them a few barefoot troops, some simpler helmets and armor and less greaves, and nothing happened in the game despite all my trials. I was really baffled until I saw that the units use f.e. mac_bronze_shield_pike instead of gre_bronze_shield_pike variantmeshdefinitions.

Centenarius

According to Steam their was a May 22 update to this mod and my file did update. Is this a compatibility update for DEI v1.2.1?

Yes it is.

Hey what about this mod Little Legionaire? Solitudo? you've been quite for a while

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Hey what about this mod Little Legionaire? Solitudo? you've been quite for a while
    I'm also looking forward to hear any news from them.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Same here, I haven't heard from the Legionaire in a while.

Is there any news from these guys? This mod is fantastic and I would hate to see it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Martius Coriolanus View Post
    Is there any news from these guys? This mod is fantastic and I would hate to see it die.
    Not to sure, last I heard LL was waiting on some people to finish some new helmets, but that was awhile a go now.

What would be perfect would be to merge this mod with the AE submod. This way Romans would be covered in all periods with awesome skins.

What would be perfect would be to merge this mod with the AE submod. This way Romans would be covered in all periods with awesome skins.
    Was thinking that too . I THINK I saw a vid recently of AE's hastati/principes/triarii using Shields from this submod, so we can hope!

Share or it never happened bro

Share or it never happened bro
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_LAeNsVlFw

Aye! I see.

+1 That would be great indeed.

I added a small patch in the submod that changes all the helmets for the legionaires, first cohorts and centurions to the ones used in this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I added a small patch in the submod that changes all the helmets for the legionaires, first cohorts and centurions to the ones used in this mod.
    Jolly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    To which version?

It works with both UMCenturion's new version and the old one, since it just replaces the helmet on the Caesarian (and marian?) units.

IS this Mod Compatible with the Caesars legions patch and Um Centuriuns Ancient Empires LEgions for DEI?