Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: [Farewell]True Legions for True Romans / Obsolete

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Submod]True Legions for True Romans / Optional Loading Screen Art Update

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Since I derped with my battle screenies, here's some showing off the new battle worn shields as well as the new Montefortino;
    Τhese aren't released yet, right ???

Default Re: [Submod]True Legions for True Romans / Optional Loading Screen Art Update

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Τhese aren't released yet, right ???
    No, you'll see these in the upcoming update
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    As well as some other things yet to be revealed. The update is going to be well worth the wait .

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    As well as some other things yet to be revealed. The update is going to be well worth the wait .
    Ι'm sure guys...They are looking amazing.

Cheers

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey guys, not sure if this has been asked before, but would you consider doing any work on the Etruscans?

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Would you also consider doing new Pikemen shields?
    The current model doesn´t really fit the 75 cm Macedonian shields which were found,
    and I rather like the notion that unit name carried meaning f.e. Chalk-ASPIDES in contrast to PELTAStai.

IMO the VV team have pretty much the perfect Phalangitai shield,
    you´d really make me a happy historian if you did the same for DeI

Anyway, please consider it, but don´t bother if you´ve already planned something else.
    Best regards
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    Would you also consider doing new Pikemen shields?
    The current model doesn´t really fit the 75 cm Macedonian shields which were found,
    and I rather like the notion that unit name carried meaning f.e. Chalk-ASPIDES in contrast to PELTAStai.

IMO the VV team have pretty much the perfect Phalangitai shield,
    you´d really make me a happy historian if you did the same for DeI

Anyway, please consider it, but don´t bother if you´ve already planned something else.
    Best regards

If the VV made such a great work with the Phalangite shields imo DEI team may ask for their permission to use them? Modders and large projects such as this support each other in many ways including sharing their work (including me). That is where the solidarity between modders shines for the sake of better mods for fellow TW players.

So, why invent the wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    If the VV made such a great work with the Phalangite shields imo DEI team may ask for their permission to use them? Modders and large projects such as this support each other in many ways including sharing their work (including me). That is where the solidarity between modders shines for the sake of better mods for fellow TW players.

So, why invent the wheel?
    +1
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

The latest pics made me really anxious for a new Roman Campaign guys...Perhaps on Legendary, we'll see.
    Can't wait for your update.

P.S
    I really like the new loading screens.

Cheers

Quite nice! 80 turns into a Roman campaign and I like the Polybian visuals so much that I don't want to hit Marian reforms!

Can't wait for the update. Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Quite nice! 80 turns into a Roman campaign and I like the Polybian visuals so much that I don't want to hit Marian reforms!

Can't wait for the update. Thanks, guys.
    Hopefully the new release will come soon, just waiting on a few things to be finished up.

Hopefully the new release will come soon, just waiting on a few things to be finished up.
    Good to know !!!
    Thanks

I think i'll release the update by tomorrow, i was holding it because i was waiting couple good assets from another fellow modder friends but RL occupations and other responsibilities of theirs take much longer than i expected.

Update is all ready, it's not a huge update but you'll love the changes that we made.

Just wondering what would you think of Etruscans? They benefit a lot from Enemies of Rome update. I'd like to hear more about your expectations?

Thank you all,

Honestly, I would just be happy with some nice new helmets and things of that nature, if doable. They seem to have a really interesting look, though not too dissimilar from other peoples of Italy at the time. I personally don't know much about them, though the usually don't get much attention I'm R2 mods due to the timeframe. I'm fine with anything that makes them stand out a bit.

I think i can follow the example of my armies mod Etruscan Hoplite approach,

This helmet belongs to past of their culture but i think adding it back to Etruscan won't start WW3. (and the armour too)

Reference,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Armies mod portrayal of unit,

This addition imo may give Etruscans more distinctive look compared to other culture specific units,

They look so nice I just dont want to wipe them out haha

Quote Originally Posted by diego007 View Post
    They look so nice I just dont want to wipe them out haha
    Well then,

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

You could argue some few would still use the armour of their forefathers. As it is 5 century equipment.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius View Post
    You could argue some few would still use the armour of their forefathers. As it is 5 century equipment.
    I don't want to be too strict on those matters. So, yes we may consider this as an option. On those matters imo some rational flexibility works like a charm and many of us besides wikipedia historians are have enough knowledge on those matters. We don't need a lecture from amateur historians right?

Personally and as a modder i never allowed someone to put Damocles sword over my head so called "realism"

Then lets say, they had few helmets here and there from their forefathers

P.S.

Guys, i need your help. To see the changes that i made for Etruscans i'm gonna need a faction unlucker. There's actually one in workshop but its outdated and can't show Etruscans?

Do you have such which is properly working?

Thanks,
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; March 08, 2017 at 10:59 AM.

I think i'll release the update by tomorrow, i was holding it because i was waiting couple good assets from another fellow modder friends but RL occupations and other responsibilities of theirs take much longer than i expected.

Update is all ready, it's not a huge update but you'll love the changes that we made.
    Rome will rise tomorrow then...

I think i can follow the example of my armies mod Etruscan Hoplite approach,

This helmet belongs to past of their culture but i think adding it back to Etruscan won't start WW3. (and the armour too)

Armies mod portrayal of unit,

This addition imo may give Etruscans more distinctive look compared to other culture specific units,
    They're looking great !!! Very nice work !!! I like them as much distinctive as possible. Etruscans had Hellenic influences also, as far as I know.

P.S.

Guys, i need your help. To see the changes that i made for Etruscans i'm gonna need a faction unlucker. There's actually one in workshop but its outdated and can't show Etruscans?

Do you have such which is properly working?

Thanks,
    The ones for DEI 1.2 aren't working for Etruscans ???
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 08, 2017 at 12:46 PM.