Thread: Installation Question

It's a Giraffe's Avatar Laetus
    New York; but not the city, the other part

Default Installation Question

I'm sure you saw this title and sighed very, very deeply. But after a long quest through the bowels of the internet for something as small as a hint, I thought it would be best to come to the source for answers.

My question, which probably sounds stupid from an experienced modder's point of view, but here it goes:

What the hell is a "localisation file"?

Honestly, I'm lost. The forum post says, in red for emphasis

"Don't forget that there could be only one localisation file : remove the localisation from other mods, or you may have before using ours to avoid any conflict."

And I have downloaded another mod before, that being NTW3. I ran the uninstall program for it, but it only partially removed the mod files. If the localization was to remain, what would it look like? And, more importantly, what would the new one look like? It would be great to know, since I'm almost certain that's why Napoleon refuses to launch right now. Thank you in advance

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Installation Question

From the page with the tables with all the individual files

This is the pack with all the text inside. It varies with your installation language. And other mods may have their own, I cannot guarantee how they name it.

If you have a conflict, or are missing it, it will not prevent the mod from launching, but you will get empty names for units for exemple.

If it doesn't launch, it's likely that it comes from
    - wrong user script
    - a missing file
    - something not properly removed from NTW3.

I don't have an installer, but at least MOE is easy to remove. Contrary to some other mods with an install/uninstall...

It's a Giraffe's Avatar Laetus
    New York; but not the city, the other part

So I finally got around to uninstalling and re-installing Napoleon. On a fresh version, MOE works perfectly. It was definitely some form of residue from NTW3 that was causing the problem. Thanks for the help, and great mod.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

If i understand correctly, i should download all 4 full packages and campaign files only. No need for optional files (because it's included), right?, i just wanna install everything correctly.

Patrician Artifex

No, you also need all the yellow/orange files, because they have been updated after the 4 full package files have been released.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Pretty messy this one.
    Last edited by gastovski; January 16, 2017 at 04:57 AM.

Patrician Artifex

If you prefer, instead of updating files regularly to improve the mod, I can also do nothing so the installation files never change.