Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cantabrian Wars 0.3 - (Updated 26.04.2018)

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Cantabrian Wars 0.2 - (Updated 03.11.2017)

I zipped my map files and uploaded them to my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10-y...ew?usp=sharing

You could scale it down if it's still too large, however you would need to do some manual editing of coastlines and mounain passes to avoid CTD's, bugs and AI pathfinding problems.

Also I used swamp terrain as passable mountain terrain so you would have to change the campaign map textures for swamp.

Regarding the map's license, I've decided to make it public domain so everyone can use it without having to ask permission. You even don't have to mention me in the credits.
    Last edited by 20ninescene; November 18, 2017 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks a lot! Great job!
    This map may serve principaly for other campaigns where appear more factions, even use for Medieval II Total War. By the way, could you add it to the "resources" section; It could be useful to many users.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; November 18, 2017 at 07:49 PM.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

It looks very good! But too much territory for Rome. The campaign is a bit unbalanced

Well, that's what it's about, the rival to beat is Rome. Basically like in real history.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Clay View Post
    It looks very good! But too much territory for Rome. The campaign is a bit unbalanced
    How can the campaign be unbalanced when Rome has reached their heights?

If one started that campaign 200-300 years later then perhaps it is unbalanced.

@Miguel: Your mod looks good to me, very polished and clean. I got to try it someday in the future.
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 02, 2018 at 09:52 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Thanks Leonardo

So when I had some free time to waste I decided to install it and start a new campaign, which I did and notice that Victoria, the advisor just popup then disappear. Is that intentional or is something you cannot prevent from happening?

I also notice a few things about the starting position for the Romans and one thing I find a little too generic was the traits each Roman general had.

Not every traits is the same, but for some generals, except for the faction leader and the faction heir of course (well a few traits are the same for both of them), they have too many traits in common and that's like this.

2 Generals have these traits
    • Good Commander
    • Natural Born Leader
    • Sharp
    • Political Animal
    • Stern

2 Generals have these traits
    • Confident Commander
    • Command Talent
    • Sharp
    • Political Animal
    • Stern

Even the general who is currectly in a fort has the first list of traits, and I think the general in the fort could have an unique ancillary or traits or why not both from the start and that could be like this.

Suggested Ancillary
    (I notice that you haven't included the ancillaries into this mod, hence for not finding the export_descr_ancillaries.txt file inside the CW\data folder.)

Suggested Trait
    • Command Talent
    • Confident Commander
    • Bureaucrat
    • Drillmaster
    • Superior Builder
    • Good Infantry Commander

Something like that and I think that gives the general in question an unique personality, something that reflects his fighting capabilities as a field commander for a large army. A seasoned commander.

Also, something about the starting units. I find a little odd for the player to be able to recruit both types of an army and what I mean by saying unit types is that both non-Marius units and Marius units can be recruited from the same building, which I think are not accurate instead having a few starting armies spread out with non-Marius units and let the Marius units be either recruited in-game as the game goes on or be a garrison for a couple of the settlements in the south. Plus add 3-4 more generals and two of them is stationed on the island near Palma. While the other general(s) at least one general is placed north east, just north Narbo Martius and east of Tolosa, as a commander of a large non-Marius army.

Maybe you already got reports about the Senate office list button. If not then perhaps try to fix that or at least mention that in the OP that clicking on the Senate office list button will give the player an instant CTD.

That's all for now and I'll post later when I have time to actually play the mod a couple of hours (days? ) with a couple of pictures.
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 06, 2018 at 04:49 PM.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I took the liberty to create an icon for your CW.bat file.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loading_screen_1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	350204

Go here and upload an image, only .jpg is allowed I think, and convert the image into a favicon.ico (you can change the filename if you want once the favicon.ico is downloaded) to use for a website like my site.

CW_icon.rar

This archive contains the CW.ico, which can be used as a shortcut icon in Windows instead of the boring Windows system icon.

The CW icon is my appreciation for a good mod, I like it so far and I'm looking forward to another update, if you plan to release one that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    So when I had some free time to waste I decided to install it and start a new campaign, which I did and notice that Victoria, the advisor just popup then disappear. Is that intentional or is something you cannot prevent from happening?
    It's intentional, is for activate the scripts. But if the advisory doesn't disappear and not add +1 to the money, restart the game.

And many thanks for the tips about the traits. The truth is that I don't usually pay much attention to them because I do not notice many differences. I will review it for the next update.

Also, something about the starting units. I find a little odd for the player to be able to recruit both types of an army and what I mean by saying unit types is that both non-Marius units and Marius units can be recruited from the same building, which I think are not accurate instead having a few starting armies spread out with non-Marius units and let the Marius units be either recruited in-game as the game goes on or be a garrison for a couple of the settlements in the south. Plus add 3-4 more generals and two of them is stationed on the island near Palma. While the other general(s) at least one general is placed north east, just north Narbo Martius and east of Tolosa, as a commander of a large non-Marius army.
    I annulled Marian reforms because they had already spent years ago, and I seems good to me that both types of units can be recruited (in case they are short of money and have to resort to more rudimentary troops). I do not understand about the 3-4 generals that you mention, I have not created any in Palma, nor in Narbo, etc ...

Maybe you already got reports about the Senate office list button. If not then perhaps try to fix that or at least mention that in the OP that clicking on the Senate office list button will give the player an instant CTD.
    To the button of the Senate I was going to put this icon or cancel it through a script, but I forgot. Anyway, with the years that the game has, I do not think there are users who do not know what causes CTD if you press it, although there is always some user lost in this life, hehehe!

I took the liberty to create an icon for your CW.bat file.

Thank you very much for the icon! It has been a great detail.

P.S: Sorry for the delay in answering Leonardo, but I've had a lot of work these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    It's intentional, is for activate the scripts. But if the advisory doesn't disappear and not add +1 to the money, restart the game.
    Ah, make sense. How about having a starting treasure of 15000 then the script adds additional +1000 instead of an odd sum like +1 to the money.

And many thanks for the tips about the traits. The truth is that I don't usually pay much attention to them because I do not notice many differences. I will review it for the next update.
    Tell you what, I know how to add traits and ancilleries for agents, generals (starting armies without a general as well), and even add relatives to the family tree.

Which reminds that the ancillary does work, it is just that the export_descr_ancillary.txt (not sure if I spelled the file name correctly or not) text file doesn't need to be copied to a mod folder since the Roman faction leader got the Mercenary Captain ancillary at the same time he hired one mercenary unit in-game.

That being said, I'll play this mod now and then when I have free time to spare and test a couple of traits/ancillaries for the generals in-game.

I annulled Marian reforms because they had already spent years ago, and I seems good to me that both types of units can be recruited (in case they are short of money and have to resort to more rudimentary troops). I do not understand about the 3-4 generals that you mention, I have not created any in Palma, nor in Narbo, etc ...
    I'm gonna to send you a PM later in which I explain in detail what I mean.

To the button of the Senate I was going to put this icon or cancel it through a script, but I forgot. Anyway, with the years that the game has, I do not think there are users who do not know what causes CTD if you press it, although there is always some user lost in this life, hehehe!
    I see.

Thank you very much for the icon! It has been a great detail.

P.S: Sorry for the delay in answering Leonardo, but I've had a lot of work these days.
    Happy to help.

No worries, I understand that RL comes first and foremost since I've had experienced it myself recently.

Look what a nice script I have made

Nice script you say, I would say a funny script.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh.

+rep

Hehehe! I'm glad that you've liked this silly grace.
    Evidently in the mod will come a serious message. But it's useful to give personalized informative messages, since the big window is for events of "descr_events.txt" file.
    Or not, maybe I can force it by script to make it appears; I will have to investigate.

MOD UPDATE 0.3

- Script that forces the war between Romans and Iberians.
    - Script of ambushes to the Romans.
    - Script of reinforcements for the Iberians.
    - Balanced buildings and resources.
    - Added more scenarios in Custom Battle.

Icon for launch file by courtesy of Leonardo

Download Link: Cantabrian Wars 0.3

Last edited by Miguel_80; April 28, 2018 at 04:14 PM.

Default Re: Cantabrian Wars 0.3 - (Updated 26.04.2018)

Why not upload CW to TWC Download as it is way below 100 MB?

Downloaded and I'll test it asap. Thanks for the update, Miguel.

+rep

Good question, hehehe! I think I will better upload it to the forum, so is easier update it.

Thanks to you for playing and for your advice.

I had just installed the new version and notice that all non-Roman factions has the same description as the Romans.

I think the barbarians should have at least different description, which could describe how to resist and how to gain a possible vitory over the Romans, not a final vitory, but enough to postpone the final defeat and be conquered by the Romans.

The description could also mention the rivality between native Spanish barbarians and how to forge a strong alliance between the other barbarians against the Romans.

Something like that.

The description is of the campaign in general, it is not of the Romans faction. Generally I usually do so in my mods.

I see. At first I was a little confused, but now when you mention it it make sense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast