Thread: WAAAGH! Resource

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default WAAAGH! Resource

Thankfully TWC is back

The mod adds the WAAAGH! resource as a secondary currency to all greenskin factions.

The aim is to add depth, immersion and another layer of complexity to greenskin factions. With the addition of the secondary currency greenskin campaigns should be a better gaming experience.

The Greenskin race single motive is violence, an ever increasing mass of warfare that has the potential to dominate and cover the entire World in a seething green tide.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Features:
    - Greenskin factions can only advance through war.
    - The WAAAGH! resource is produced each time you win a battle and for every war.
    - WAAAGH! Is lost when loosing battles, not fighting any wars and for every turn without a battle.
    - WAAAGH! is consumed by buildings, units, Warbosses and WAAAGH Armies.
    - Having either a high level of WAAAGH! or a low level will lead to various effects for your entire faction.
    - be the one true Git! beeing the stongest Orc warboss will have a positive impact for your faction.
    - confederation are not allowed for greenskins anymore.

recommended mods:
    Cataph's Greenskins Teef Currency

compatibility:
    the feature is mostly lua scripted and not compatible with any mods changing the lua files.
    The mod is not compatible with any mod, changing the main units or building level tables for the orc factions.

Feedback and suggestions:
    I am thankful for any feedback and suggestions.

Steam Workshop

Senator

Default Re: WAAAGH! Resource

Great job man. Nice to see someone messing with the scripting. Hope that you make a big bundle along with your empire mod.

Although I am curious. Did CA just reuse the food mechanic from rome 2 for amber?

If so can you actually reconstruct it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Great job man. Nice to see someone messing with the scripting. Hope that you make a big bundle along with your empire mod.

Although I am curious. Did CA just reuse the food mechanic from rome 2 for amber?

If so can you actually reconstruct it?
    Thank you.

To answer your questions, yes. In the end amber = food = waaagh.

The big difference is that you can apply scripted effects to the resource, you can name them and do basically anything you can lua script with the resource.

Reconstructing the food system is possible, but I don't think it works all to good with the warhammer universe or more so how the game itself is constructed.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

I really like this idea! Good job!

If it were me though, I'd replace what you have as "waagh" with "teef," since you wouldn't really spend "waagh." Just a suggestion.

(edit) Just noticed you were using the teef mod already, so it wouldnt make sense to have that currency in 2 places.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; January 12, 2017 at 10:28 PM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    I really like this idea! Good job!

If it were me though, I'd replace what you have as "waagh" with "teef," since you wouldn't really spend "waagh." Just a suggestion.

(edit) Just noticed you were using the teef mod already, so it wouldnt make sense to have that currency in 2 places.
    Waaagh is meant to represent how attractive you are to Orcs and Goblins. That is why high tier units cost waaagh points. So your success waging wars and winning battles will draw stronger Orcs to your faction.