Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: (((Open Source DarthMod))) - Closed

Default Re: (((Open Source DarthMod))) - 28/2/2007

@Sleepysmoo:
    Thanks a lot for the ideeas. I will try that...it's just that sometimes it's hard not to take profit of the oportunities that arrive (altough i know this is exploiting).
    @Darth.
    Thank man. I will try those lines.

As for now, i will put the game on hold and see what CA has to offer for us with the patch

It's been awhile since I have caught up on all the new's here. Looks like your going to have another masterpiece on your hands. lol..
    I wish my pc was powerful enough to handle MED 2 so I can spend more sleepless night's playing.

Maybe soon!

BTW, I am sorri to hear that darth. I hope everything goes well.
    Last edited by jester7707; March 19, 2007 at 06:11 AM.

‘gia des kairo pou dialexe o charos na me parei’

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSKTemplar View Post
    I do not say I do not believe that but I would like to know some sources of those informations.
    This is my research. Check the latest Journal of Medieval Military History, pp. 18-28 (iirc).

PeteSKTemplar's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Mitchell View Post
    This is my research. Check the latest Journal of Medieval Military History, pp. 18-28 (iirc).
    Thank you, I appreciate this indeed!
    Only one more question, where can I find this Journal? (sorry I do not know what pp.18-28 iirc means)
    Last edited by PeteSKTemplar; March 20, 2007 at 04:30 PM.

iirc = If I Remember Correctly

And the Google search button is your friend...

Just checking soemthing, but is anyone else gettign funny behaviour with Pike v. Swordsmen in the latest 0S.20 release? Just wanna confrim i dont have a bum installation..

Cheers,
    HDK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]M2TW: SmokeMOD - Increased Musket/Artillary Smoke! (Included in DarthMod!)

Thanks Headlock!
    I have not seen that yet iirc.
    Anyway I will try that duel between pikemen and swordsmen.
    Last edited by PeteSKTemplar; March 21, 2007 at 04:16 AM.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Hello everyone, I am posting to apologise for not being active as a beta tester lately, I had a lot of things to do, so I hope that you will forgive me... So, now I am ready to beta test... I will take a look at the beta team thread, and then I will start reporting any bugs or problems I may find.

Again, I apologise, I hope that you will understand...
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by RTR Fan View Post
    Hello everyone, I am posting to apologise for not being active as a beta tester lately, I had a lot of things to do, so I hope that you will forgive me... So, now I am ready to beta test... I will take a look at the beta team thread, and then I will start reporting any bugs or problems I may find.

Again, I apologise, I hope that you will understand...
    There's no need for apologises RTR Fan. We (Darth and me) are waiting for MTW 1.2 Patch anyway. We are just glad you sorted out your problems and you will be able to beta test when 1.2 comes out.

P.S Good Luck with RTR Fan Modding Factory

Hello!
    I do not know how you guys fare, but somewhat I am more-less embarassed when fighting heavy cavalry against spearmen and pikemen for whatever cavalry I use (I can not help myself not to use cavalry) against spearmen I loose, when using cavalry (heavy) against pikes, if I stop the charge, not a big problem to finish them. Should not be opposite? For as for me militia spearmen are bigger thorn than professional pikemen when using my cavalry armies.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Darth, could you check the pathfinding in bridge battles? yesterday when I was defending a ford (in the Nile delta), the attacking egyptian army came dangerously close to the river, about a 100 soldiers drowned, then retreated up the bank and went to the bridge. somethings not right here

Hmm happened before?anyone else wanna confirm?

Either way, i think Darth is waiting till after the 1.2 Patch (v.soon now) to see what changes that causes and how it affects DarthMod.

Cheers,
    HDK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]M2TW: SmokeMOD - Increased Musket/Artillary Smoke! (Included in DarthMod!)

I just wonder why it is not possible to charge with heavy cavalry against spearmen even from behind. Previous version allowed that (even from the front, for they were not pikemen).

Broomish0's Avatar Civis

I think the patch was lost in the mail.

Didnt they sayit would be about a week 1 month ago?
    Last edited by Broomish0; April 09, 2007 at 04:17 PM.

so when can we download patch 1.2 do we have to wait for darth to make his mod compatible? or does his stuff he has now work on 1.2?

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by jmack- View Post
    so when can we download patch 1.2 do we have to wait for darth to make his mod compatible? or does his stuff he has now work on 1.2?
    It is highly unlikely that any saved game will work when the game is patched to 1.2. We will then have to work with Darth and bring all our changes together based on the new files.

I am glad DarthMod 8.1 for RTW is so great I am able play it still while we wait for that patch for MTW2. I wonder why modders do not learn from others (from Darth for example) to share their achievements. I asked for voicemods from EB to be able to put it to DarthMod but in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSKTemplar View Post
    I wonder why modders do not learn from others (from Darth for example) to share their achievements. I asked for voicemods from EB to be able to put it to DarthMod but in vain.
    clarify, please?
    Who did you ask, Darth or EB?

Voicemods contain voice samples- these get huge very quickly, and slow to download.
    DarthMod focusses on the AI experience of the game, not the extra stuff like graphics (apart from splash screens/map/smoke), audio (voices/music/effects) and 3d models.
    Addidng all that in at the moment would simply distract.

If you want any of those, you can incoporate them yourself.
    Xenophonia, for example, is a superb mod, but its huge...

Cheers,
    HDK

Hi HDK!
    I asked EB for they have them in their EB 08. I wanted voicemods for DarthMod for it is the best. In last few weeks I tried RTR, EB, ForthEorlingas, but none was like His. After all I did not expect to find a better mod, just to compare, especially I was curious why those mods were considered so good during modding awards. I asked them where was DarthMod but none answered. I know some of them used Darth AI and formations. Have a good one!
    Last edited by PeteSKTemplar; April 15, 2007 at 10:57 AM.

I found Xenophonia only for MTW2. I wanted voices for RTW. I found only Latin but there is also English for orders or when unit is selected. I know it is not thread about Lite Mod so I finish it.