Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links

Great thank you!
    But I'm still worry about the RS2 Environments... they will cause lacks on my computer.
    I know this, because I cannot run the RS2 or AUC mods. Evertime I run the mods the starting splash screen is still freeze.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GaivsSejanvs View Post
    Great thank you!
    But I'm still worry about the RS2 Environments... they will cause lacks on my computer.
    I know this, because I cannot run the RS2 or AUC mods. Evertime I run the mods the starting splash screen is still freeze.
    Hi Gaivs your cpu is the limiting factor I guess, @ 1.6 GHz will be reason why imo you will have problems running mods with high content. RTW only runs on 1 core and uses your onboard graphics(motherboard) 1.0GHz is the minimum to run RTW vanilla. The quality of your motherboard could also be a limiting factor too.. You could try downloading from this link https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/ and applying it to your exe's, it allows RTW to use up to 4gb of ram as it can actually only use 2GHz. Scroll down below the diagrams to the section "attached files" then follow the instructions on the first diagram, it's very easy. I hope it may help.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Hi Gaivs your cpu is the limiting factor I guess, @ 1.6 GHz will be reason why imo you will have problems running mods with high content. RTW only runs on 1 core and uses your onboard graphics(motherboard) 1.0GHz is the minimum to run RTW vanilla. The quality of your motherboard could also be a limiting factor too.. You could try downloading from this link https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/ and applying it to your exe's, it allows RTW to use up to 4gb of ram as it can actually only use 2GHz. Scroll down below the diagrams to the section "attached files" then follow the instructions on the first diagram, it's very easy. I hope it may help.
    Hi Saul Tyre,
    many thanks for your kind help, but I have solved this problem otherwise. I just bought a new PC, from a friend who no longer needed it.
    Best regards,
    Sejanvs

Looking forward to seeing the new map. What changes do you plan regarding size and city distribution?

The new map will be a lot larger so more space in between cities. Distribution will be the same, might make a change here or there. The biggest change will be the geographical and climate accuracy as well as roads, resources etc.

It is good to see you around again Nicov! If you are wanting to contribute again, just PM me your email! I believe you have access to our dev forum correct?

I recently downloaded this mod. It has the potential to be a great mod however some features appears to be broken. For instance conquering lands with a opposing culture seems to be impossible. No matter how long you occupy these lands they will never adept to western culture. I constructed every possible building in every order i could think of and still no success. Could someone tell me if this is a known issue or that i might have overlooked something? I am currently playing the base game RTR 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs View Post
    Hi godoria! Our mapping department is currently working on a brand new map that should be finished in a few months, so there's that
    Hopefully with the new map we'll see increased performance for those having lags with the current one, but that remains to be seen, sorry I do not have enough info on the subject nor can I guarantee it, but we'll make sure to address any issues that show up
    Hi Vrosivs ! it again, do you have any solution for reducing lag of campaign map. RSIII has lot of tree on campaign map, it caused very strong lag. so Mod developer offer Alternate tree TYPE to solve problem. Could you find solution or Could you try to change tile (see, tree, mountain) ?

Quote Originally Posted by godoria View Post
    Hi Vrosivs ! it again, do you have any solution for reducing lag of campaign map. RSIII has lot of tree on campaign map, it caused very strong lag. so Mod developer offer Alternate tree TYPE to solve problem. Could you find solution or Could you try to change tile (see, tree, mountain) ?
    Greetings godoria!
    Sorry for the late reply, I was absent most of December. There is no alternate campaign map models so far, but I'll talk to the team and propose that we make a low-poly variant, if possible, for those experiencing lags, for our upcoming beta v4 release
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

@godoria: I'm working on light weight strat map tree models, these are autumn trees:

Greetings RTR people!

few questions:

- there is no specific instructions on how to apply 3.1 patch so I did it like 3.0 just extracted it to alex folder, and one copy into 3.0 folder just in case.
    Is there a way to check is it applied (in options menu it says version 1.91 if that means anything)

- so this next question is maybe a bug report, that can be caused by me not installing 3.1 correctly,
    anyways, I started with greek city states , and at some certain point in game when other AI factions are doing their move -> game crashes, there is no progress no matter what I change the move before.
    I am on my third campaign now waiting for it to crash again

not to get into too much details here, I uploaded 2 saved files http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/Ax78BCUE/file.html
    "greek1.sav" crashes at carthago move, "greek2.sav" crashes at iberian tribes move, everytime.

If you need more specs on laptop or anything else let me know

p.s. I also had that low FPS in the campaign map, it's the laptop choosing between 2 graphic cards in laptop nvidia optimus some problem (although my card is ati radeon, in laptop bios I have optimus nvidia... go figure...), I hesitated to put dll files in my lap but after whole day trying to do it manually I gave up and put the dll files, the fps is flawless now (and I have regular flaming arrows shown )

Hey thanks for posting!

It’s been a year since us devs have fixed the crashes. It dealt with bridges among other things, but for the 3.1 patch you should just extract it to the same location as 3.0 and overwrite any files.

As far as low FPS, can you go into detail of how you solved it? A few of our devs have low FPS as well and can’t figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Hey thanks for posting!

It’s been a year since us devs have fixed the crashes. It dealt with bridges among other things, but for the 3.1 patch you should just extract it to the same location as 3.0 and overwrite any files.

As far as low FPS, can you go into detail of how you solved it? A few of our devs have low FPS as well and can’t figure it out.
    OK, I ain't no expert, but from what I understood is this:
    some "new" laptops with dedicated graphic card and internal one have problems switching to dedicated one when high performance is needed for some games/programs. (because laptops have some programs automatically running on internal GPU for better power consumption etc...)
    as user Incendio posted the solution --> https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...er-old-games-/
    So there is a simple fix of just putting the dll file in directory, I know with dll files is no good so I tried to see other solutions.
    the nvidia optimus software for switching graphic cards is not working for some games, and also ati catalyst software can't switch (I updated it) in all setting I made for RTW.exe and alexander.exe to run in high performance (cause in ati catalyst switching the specific programs to high performance is automatically assigning the better GPU)
    this didn't work.
    I went deeper, how to force everything to run on better GPU and searched for my specific laptop.
    Then I got to the point where you can do it in laptop bios, and I had no luck there either cause there was no that option in bios --> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...s/td-p/3355537
    The hp technician responded to rollback the default graphic drivers for that option in bios to be unlocked.
    At this point I had enough.... and copied the damn dll file in directory and so far it works.
    So I assume that dll file is forcing the laptop to choose dedicated GPU in laptops.

p.s. I appreciate your work here for this mod, I would like to donate to the people working on these mods, do I donate here on forum in the bottom left corner?

I see, well hopefully that info can help out others who are having trouble.
    As far as donations are concerned, we don’t accept donations at RTR. We simply do this because we are passionate about it. Supporting us on the forum, and giving feedback is just as valuable to us

ah very well then,
    so now after applying the 3.1, I gotta ask, is the phalanx form disabled on units that can form phalanx ?
    because in battles I can't press "F" it's greyed out, "special ability: none"... is that part of 3.1 or did I apply the patch wrong again haha

Can we see a screen of the issue? Only Phalangites form a phalanx, hoplites don’t have that ability now.

Can we see a screen of the issue? Only Phalangites form a phalanx, hoplites don’t have that ability now.
    Ah ok so it's a part of 3.1 , may I ask why is it removed?

Hoplites fought overhand and it makes their Spears way too long. Like I said, Phalangites still use it.

Hoplites fought overhand and it makes their Spears way too long. Like I said, Phalangites still use it.
    I see, thank you for clarification.
    I just want to comment on one more thing,
    imho, for 30 turns to make.... I think spartan hoplites deserve way more atk/def damage, and at least one or two more hit point, they die in combat way to easy, in either automatic resolve or entering the battle (battle and campaign is set on challenging)

They won’t be 30 turns anymore

They won’t be 30 turns anymore
    I actually don't mind 30 turns, it's kinda realistic, from birth to the fighting age -> only training ,
    but if they are best of the best , the above elite... they should be so badass that enemy should panic and run when they see them marching
    anyways, just my opinion, looking forward to the next patch, cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast