Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links

ahowl11's Avatar RTR Project

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links

It'll be an entirely different version, and we are getting very close, so stay tuned!
    Founder and Leader of The RTR Project, Bringing Rome Total Realism back to the top! Talk to me about joining the RTR Project, and rebuilding a once great community!

RTRPE II v1.1
    Rome Total History & Mundus Magnus Forums

Hello people of RTR!
    I've been coming here daily,
    I was promised some teasers here every day haha ,
    4.0 coming soon ?
    I'm playing 3.1 but I am still getting crashes when other factions have their turn, (after less than 30 mins of playing), and when I reopen RTR and finish my turn, with or without the script running, when it is that particular faction turn to play - it crashes EVERY time.
    Then I play campaign again, different battle and campaign setting, after some time it still crashes after some other factions have their turn. (It is usually SPQR or Carthago, can't remember the third one)
    I have applied 3.1 several times, reinstalled Alex and RTR so far 6 times (bought RTW and Alex on Steam just to be sure), I don't know what I did wrong, how come no one else is having these crashes, I am running win 10 on 5 y old HP Pavillion g6 laptop.
    I have free time now and want to play but it is frustrating when it crashes all the time,
    help please, thank you.

@MyMumsCar

Sorry for your experiences. Yeah reinstalling will probably not help. The AI turn crashes sound like revolt CTDs, which we have already taken measures to eliminate completely from 4.0. There are still some battle CTDs which we are looking for a solution to. Things are looking good at the moment. Unit cards had been one of the biggest remaining tasks and recently we had a team member return who can make them. We might well be able to release within a month. (no official guarantees though, this is just my estimate )

Ah, I see,
    well, waiting patiently then...,
    I hope I will have some free time to play it when 4.0 comes out, cheers

Just to add on that, I've encountered a similar problem. I'm on turn 104, playing as Rome, and the game has run absolutely faultless, minus the bridge battles, but who needs those crap fests anyway? . I laid siege to Gauls last province (Numantia), I won the battle, it showed the character taking it over, and then crashed. I booted it up again thinking it might have just been a freak accident, autoresolved the battle, and crashed again.
    Same problem here only my last province is Daritum

ahowl11's Avatar RTR Project

The release of 4.0 on the 29th will take care of many of your issues!
    Founder and Leader of The RTR Project, Bringing Rome Total Realism back to the top! Talk to me about joining the RTR Project, and rebuilding a once great community!

RTRPE II v1.1
    Rome Total History & Mundus Magnus Forums

Guys, great news! The current build of RTR 8 has been successfully ran until 8 B.C. and could have probably gone further (my test faction got destroyed ). Stability was the biggest complaint regarding the 3.1 version so I'm pleased to announce that now, for certain, it's no longer an issue!
    Last edited by BHL 20; April 17, 2018 at 06:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3