Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] Settlement and Battlemap BETA Maps Released

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Settlement and Battlemap Preview - Update

Attila and Warhammer appear to be using entirely different techniques.

This is presumably as Warhammer's siege, underground and ambush battles maps aren't linked into the main campaign landscape? I note he says that land battles aren't handled in that file, as they'll presumably still be handled in the tile_map.tiles file (which Attila uses for both land and siege battles).

I've already built a tool to modify the file for Attila, it's just as-of-yet unreleased (except to the AE and MK teams). I'll release it eventually but there's a few things I'd want to add to it and do first.
    Last edited by Causeless; February 09, 2017 at 07:47 PM.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nope they're not linked to the main campaign landscape. Kudos to the guy for figuring it out though. I see, I don't know, but if they're using two different techniques, would it be possible for a newbie like me to do it or too complex?

Great, keep working on it until you feel its ready.

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Nope they're not linked to the main campaign landscape. Kudos to the guy for figuring it out though. I see, I don't know, but if they're using two different techniques, would it be possible for a newbie like me to do it or too complex?

Great, keep working on it until you feel its ready.
    Well, it's easy enough to follow the Warhammer tutorial, but that won't work at all for Attila. With Attila it's more complex and requires a deeper understanding of the format if you want to do it via a hex editor, although it's pretty easy when using the tool I developed.
    Last edited by Causeless; February 10, 2017 at 03:36 AM.

(scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Great news about that tool! I'm sure it will be really helpful to the community (Seven Kingdoms mod team should be interested too).

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    Well, it's easy enough to follow the Warhammer tutorial, but that won't work at all for Attila. With Attila it's more complex and requires a deeper understanding of the format if you want to do it via a hex editor, although it's pretty easy when using the tool I developed.
    Damnit! Well only looking forward to this new tool you make. I am not great at following instructions wit h total war stuff so just make them easy enough to follow.

Funny thing is CA posted a video on how to add settlements to Warhammer. Couldn't do the same for Attila. I just feel very disappointed at that.

Any more updates regarding maps? More screenies?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Hi All,

No worries on what is posted above, we are able to bring maps into the campaign how we want. Glad to see they were able to do it through hex, as i have attempted with Attila, but the file is built differently. However, this is no longer and issue, and people will be able to play custom maps on the campaign map. All we are doing at the moment is making those maps (Rivers and minors) that aren't transferable from Rome 2 at all. The custom city of Rome will be finished this week. Then some greek generics will be done. At that point, we believe, aesthetically at least, this portion of the mod will be ready for a first release. Still have to test a full battle on it and such, for AI or path-finding issues. After that, Petelius, others and I plan to work on custom cities, such as those you presented in Doomans map thread. Carthago Nova, Alesia, etc. We may not have all of those for first release, but those will be nice additions in the future.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Is it possible to upload those maps in the workshop just like Doomon? If that's doable we could help testing them, moving units to find bugs or just battles and giving feedback.

It is possible. Once the we have a complete set per culture, i would love to do that. However, I would want to do some internal testing first. Since the custom battles mod is released already, it would only make sense. I would have to have unanimous agreement from the whole team though.

Ok, Sounds good. If you want to keep something or everything for the full release I totally understand it, its your choice after all haha. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Hi All,

No worries on what is posted above, we are able to bring maps into the campaign how we want. Glad to see they were able to do it through hex, as i have attempted with Attila, but the file is built differently. However, this is no longer and issue, and people will be able to play custom maps on the campaign map. All we are doing at the moment is making those maps (Rivers and minors) that aren't transferable from Rome 2 at all. The custom city of Rome will be finished this week. Then some greek generics will be done. At that point, we believe, aesthetically at least, this portion of the mod will be ready for a first release. Still have to test a full battle on it and such, for AI or path-finding issues. After that, Petelius, others and I plan to work on custom cities, such as those you presented in Doomans map thread. Carthago Nova, Alesia, etc. We may not have all of those for first release, but those will be nice additions in the future.
    Very glad that you're looking at the pictures in Doomon's thread. I hope it is of great help to you. I cannot wait for Rome, I await it's first screenshot. Keep up the good work, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of beta tester to test out maps, you can count me in for that. Have you done any work regarding Eastern stuff, egyptian cities?

I will post some screens of Rome in a few hours - one last thing fix for Rome. For some reason I am struggling with getting the fort towers working, but i have no doubt that this will get resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    I will post some screens of Rome in a few hours - one last thing fix for Rome. For some reason I am struggling with getting the fort towers working, but i have no doubt that this will get resolved soon.
    Awesome! Cannot wait for more epicness. Await the new screens and hopefully you can fix this issue.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Here you go - quick teaser of our custom Rome. Walls are fully functional, just working on capture points.

Rome no escalation

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rome Escalation 1 (With help from Petellius, this will be improved)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Just WoW!!!!!!

Looking really beautiful! Will Rome in the campaign start out as maxed tier/level or will it grow into the above images?
    Last edited by Rejenorst; February 18, 2017 at 12:06 AM.

Amazing work done here! +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Rejenorst View Post
    Looking really beautiful! Will Rome in the campaign start out as maxed tier/level or will it grow into the above images?
    For now, I believe they'll start at max tier. As we spend more time and create more maps that'll likely change.

Nice work!

Yes for Rome it will be this single tier for now - this one I would call medium tier - I would like to build a slightly smaller one, and an imperial rome. But yes one version or so for now for first release and then ill be pumping out new cities as we go.

****** epic.

Although I can't see the Coliseum, is that for another version?

Would love to see the Imperial/Small version of Rome, so is this the Medium one?

So far, this looks like a much better alternative. I'm liking this and keep making more! Wouldn't mind wanting to see a few more screenies of Rome as well.