Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] Settlement and Battlemap BETA Maps Released

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Settlement and Battlemap Preview - Update

Quote Originally Posted by Franco_Nico View Post
    The progress made sounds great! For barbaric factions you will use the current minor settlements present in Attila grand campaign? i mean the ones in germanic regions/factions.
    Good luck!
    Yes, I believe that we are.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Franco_Nico View Post
    The progress made sounds great! For barbaric factions you will use the current minor settlements present in Attila grand campaign? i mean the ones in germanic regions/factions.
    Good luck!
    Yes, it will be a mixture of both. There will be some settlements that are Attila settlements with models replaced, and some that are Rome 2 specific. We like the Germanic factions to have the Attila style, colder, wetter, grungier style

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Great to hear. Congratulation for the progress, things are looking good!

I'd just like to remind anyone that has experience with Ted that battle maps would be really useful. The tilemapping file has been reverse-engineered to allow unique assignment of any settlement in the game, so in terms of battle maps the sky is the limit. Potentially one day every settlement could have it's own unique map, so there's no limit to the work that can be done here.

UMC is doing an absolutely fantastic job and his skills are very versatile, so other parts of the mod (UI stuff, scripts etc) might need to steal his attention at time. So - if anybody is willing to help create maps, there's always something to be done here
    Last edited by Causeless; May 29, 2017 at 04:55 AM.

(scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is ****** awesome. Seriously ******** awesome.

Loving the LOOK of these new settlements, seriously am. Just do what you're dong UMC!!!!

What are your plans for the Eastern Settlements, the Sassanid ones? I was not a big fan of the RII persian models as they don't look 'Persian' enough. But do you intend to change the look of Ctesphion or is that for later? Attila's eastern settlements contain more variety than the RII ones, in terms of color of course.

Wanna see this in the mod....its a dream come true

Would love to see unique settlements in the future, why don't you get Qunitllius, Doomon15 and the other mod makers on the attila map workshop? They might be able to help.

Doomon has already a great rep, so his maps are great, any of his city maps are good, Alexandria and Lonndium, Carthage etc.
    Marcus Valerius has produced some pretty stunning maps, Edfu, Greek city, Oasis.
    Quintellus Petellius makes mixed RII/Attila maps. Though not a big fan of the 'Attila Roman building' models cus they seem too gray. He's also done some good ones. Have a look and see.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; January 27, 2017 at 07:08 AM.

Unfortunately Doomon's existing uploaded maps aren't suitable unless they are updated, due to the walls not working. I believe that a fix was found for that (and naval landing spots) by copying from existing Attila maps, but I'm not entirely sure there.

Ok, maybe make a sub mod or something for those that would want those maps in the future. I would love to see Doomon's maps in AE but I don't know how to do it, too complex.

But on the other hand, I don't mind seeing capitals using RII models as long as they are expanded and built upon, if there was just one custom map I'd want, it would be Doomon's Carthage, who knows maybe it might come one day I'm not sure.

I use catapults to damage the entire walls. No need of attacking walls with siege towers, for custom battle anyway.

But I don't mind at all seeing RII Teutoberg Forrest Map, that has to be in there! Would love to totally re-enact this battle with this map in the campaign map.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; January 27, 2017 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient World View Post
    Ok, maybe make a sub mod or something for those that would want those maps in the future. I would love to see Doomon's maps in AE but I don't know how to do it, too complex.

But on the other hand, I don't mind seeing capitals using RII models as long as they are expanded and built upon, if there was just one custom map I'd want, it would be Doomon's Carthage, who knows maybe it might come one day I'm not sure.

I use catapults to damage the entire walls. No need of attacking walls with siege towers, for custom battle anyway.

But I don't mind at all seeing RII Teutoberg Forrest Map, that has to be in there! Would love to totally re-enact this battle with this map in the campaign map.
    You can play in custom battles with Doomon's maps without needing them to be on the campaign. However, officially having them be in the campaign for AE isn't really feasible since the AI's main avenue of attack in the campaign is via siege towers and ladders.

I have a tool I developed internally for the AE and MK team which does the tilemapping stuff. It's the only way AFAIK to actually import new maps and replace existing ones. I'm certain you'll be able to use it to make your own submod when I clean up and publically release the tool (although I'm unsure when that'll be).

On this you are right. The AI isn't likely to recruit catapults unless someone messes up stats and stuff to make sure it does that. But on the other hand you can always conquer the settlements with catapults but that would require a cheat mod like one tech research if we're saying a custom settlement on the campaign map.

Nah.....I've had enough of playing his maps on custom battles, you can see all the thousands of screenshots I've taken over it. I wish someday his maps were in the mod. But that's a tad too far. Still, wishful thinking. Campaign would be awesome somehow.

Or the other option is just put the models into the Vanila cities, so Rome for example, maybe try Carthage. That's a better alternative.

Have you tried experimenting this with your game? What have your results found?

Nah.....total war modding is too complex. I can only hope someone else can do something like that with that submod. I am rubbish at creating mods and don't know anything about it.

Whatever you can salvage from maps is alright, I mean you can only do the best with what you have. Anyways best of luck. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and queries.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; January 27, 2017 at 02:02 PM.

On this you are right. The AI isn't likely to recruit catapults unless someone messes up stats and stuff to make sure it does that. But on the other hand you can always conquer the settlements with catapults but that would require a cheat mod like one tech research if we're saying a custom settlement on the campaign map.

Nah.....I've had enough of playing his maps on custom battles, you can see all the thousands of screenshots I've taken over it. I wish someday his maps were in the mod. But that's a tad too far. Still, wishful thinking. Campaign would be awesome somehow.

Or the other option is just put the models into the Vanila cities, so Rome for example, maybe try Carthage. That's a better alternative.

Have you tried experimenting this with your game? What have your results found?

Nah.....total war modding is too complex. I can only hope someone else can do something like that with that submod. I am rubbish at creating mods and don't know anything about it.

Whatever you can salvage from maps is alright, I mean you can only do the best with what you have. Anyways best of luck. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and queries.
    We've experimented with using Rome 2 maps. However, there seems to be some issues with AI. With Rome, at least the AI seems a bit funky. I've not tested Carthage or some of the other maps.

With minor maps, the way they are created in Rome 2 is subtly different from Attila, so at least for now we're trying to recreate some Attila maps with antiquity map styles instead. It's certainly fixable but my understanding of the file format isn't 100%, so not entirely confident with that yet.
    Last edited by Causeless; November 15, 2017 at 09:41 AM.

Try testing out the custom maps when you have time, there's no harm in adding minor cities like Taruk for example. That would be ok. I like the option of adding custom models to already existing vanilla settlements and I would only say just make it big and dense. It's a good option anyway and when you release that tool you're working on then I'm sure someone will pick up the tools.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...95&searchtext=

Have a look at this. ^^^

I would just love to see Attila's Rome remodelled with RII Roman buildings. That will not only be great, but ******* ****** ****** ***** ******* ****** ***** epic. Honestly, while I liked RII Rome, the Attila Rome represented a far more unique and more bigger and condensed version of Rome. The RII version was a little sparse but it was well done. Attila Rome had an Imperial Palace, something which RTW 1 had one but RTW 2. A screenshot of that would just be..... epic.

Also, there's an E3 file of Carthage that is in the game files of RII. I have tried to put it into my RII game but never succeeded and tried to look at attempts. My suspicion is that on the RII development phase, they probably scrapped it and put that horrendous version into the game. I remember the lines, ''It's going to be much much bigger at release.'' Those were sad days. Anyway, I would like you to have a try at putting the E3 Carthage file and testing it. See if you can pull a screenshot out of it and post it here. What I'm saying in plain words: There's the E3 file, you imported the RII carthage file right? So now import the E3 carthage file and see if it works. Moving on, if you can do it, that's great, if not not a problem. There are many abandoned RII historical maps that were never used. There was going to be expansion on the RII Britannica side, but it never came as there's a battle involving Romans and Iceni.

Utilize as many RII historical, custom maps as you can use. If the custom maps won't work, then this is a safer bet. Those that would want custom maps like me can wait until the tool gets released, and who knows I may even warm up to the maps anyway. I like you want great looking maps in this mod. The abandoned RII historical land battle maps will have their issues, but getting a few screenies wouldn't hurt. The only exp I had with TED involved creating maps and then seeing it crashing as I tried to save the map. Too hard. How certain are you that I would be able to use the tool? I'm not too sure, would it be like, right I download Doomon's map.

I open the application and then find some mod stuff thingy. In it I open up the list of settlements available in AE. It will display all the imported maps and the RII maps. All I need to do is to find the pack file in the Attila Data folder, and replace the RII Carthage map with Doomon's. I then close and save, and then load up the game and try it on campaign. In terms of crashing and stuff, I don't know.

You should also make a tutorial on how to use the tool to prevent any crashes or if anything goes wrong.

Is it that simple as it sounds or am I just imagining wild things out of my head? I would love if total war tools could work like that but they've always been complex never easy.

And a screenshot of RII Tuetoberg Forrest in AE? I'm on! Man, just imagine Roman legions of AE walking through the forest just about to be ambushed. That would be insane since Attila has the fire burning balls. I need to see that screenshot!!

Just keep doing the great work you're doing Causeless and UM Centurion. More screenshots will be welcome!
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; January 31, 2017 at 03:15 PM.

The E3 Carthage is the same as the end released map, just with a few extra bits (like palisades etc) on the beach etc. The battle map is actually the same though.

I don't know why people think Carthage was changed from E3. Watch the trailer, it's practically identical in terms of the actual city layout.

Could you show me screen shots of the e3 map? I would like to see the extra bits.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; January 31, 2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: o

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Try testing out the custom maps when you have time, there's no harm in adding minor cities like Taruk for example. That would be ok. I like the option of adding custom models to already existing vanilla settlements and I would only say just make it big and dense. It's a good option anyway and when you release that tool you're working on then I'm sure someone will pick up the tools.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...95&searchtext=

Have a look at this. ^^^

I would just love to see Attila's Rome remodelled with RII Roman buildings. That will not only be great, but ******* ****** ****** ***** ******* ****** ***** epic. Honestly, while I liked RII Rome, the Attila Rome represented a far more unique and more bigger and condensed version of Rome. The RII version was a little sparse but it was well done. Attila Rome had an Imperial Palace, something which RTW 1 had one but RTW 2. A screenshot of that would just be..... epic.

Also, there's an E3 file of Carthage that is in the game files of RII. I have tried to put it into my RII game but never succeeded and tried to look at attempts. My suspicion is that on the RII development phase, they probably scrapped it and put that horrendous version into the game. I remember the lines, ''It's going to be much much bigger at release.'' Those were sad days. Anyway, I would like you to have a try at putting the E3 Carthage file and testing it. See if you can pull a screenshot out of it and post it here. What I'm saying in plain words: There's the E3 file, you imported the RII carthage file right? So now import the E3 carthage file and see if it works. Moving on, if you can do it, that's great, if not not a problem. There are many abandoned RII historical maps that were never used. There was going to be expansion on the RII Britannica side, but it never came as there's a battle involving Romans and Iceni.

Utilize as many RII historical, custom maps as you can use. If the custom maps won't work, then this is a safer bet. Those that would want custom maps like me can wait until the tool gets released, and who knows I may even warm up to the maps anyway. I like you want great looking maps in this mod. The abandoned RII historical land battle maps will have their issues, but getting a few screenies wouldn't hurt. The only exp I had with TED involved creating maps and then seeing it crashing as I tried to save the map. Too hard. How certain are you that I would be able to use the tool? I'm not too sure, would it be like, right I download Doomon's map.

I open the application and then find some mod stuff thingy. In it I open up the list of settlements available in AE. It will display all the imported maps and the RII maps. All I need to do is to find the pack file in the Attila Data folder, and replace the RII Carthage map with Doomon's. I then close and save, and then load up the game and try it on campaign. In terms of crashing and stuff, I don't know.

You should also make a tutorial on how to use the tool to prevent any crashes or if anything goes wrong.

Is it that simple as it sounds or am I just imagining wild things out of my head? I would love if total war tools could work like that but they've always been complex never easy.

And a screenshot of RII Tuetoberg Forrest in AE? I'm on! Man, just imagine Roman legions of AE walking through the forest just about to be ambushed. That would be insane since Attila has the fire burning balls. I need to see that screenshot!!

Just keep doing the great work you're doing Causeless and UM Centurion. More screenshots will be welcome!
    I am actually in the process of doing that exact thing right now. Although, I am redesigning the layout a bit.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Default [PREVIEW] Settlement and Battlemap Preview - Update

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    I am actually in the process of doing that exact thing right now. Although, I am redesigning the layout a bit.
    Excellent news! Keep doing great work! Redesigning? Awesome! This is going to be great when it comes out
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; February 01, 2017 at 05:41 PM.

ALERT!! i saw on twitter that they released a new version of the settlement builder... is this true????!!!!

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

for warhammer only
    AE Dev, mainly units

Total War Warhammer modders managed to use HEX to add in the custom maps that is created on the steam workshop, and can now replace old maps with custom maps.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI3cBAHaXoI

I assume Causeless you'll be making a tool something like this?#

Adding a custom Siege Map to Campaign
    In this turorial i will show you how to add a community made map to a city.As an example i use the cool Karak Kadrin siege map by Maruka and will bring it into campaign.

Tools you need:
    -Pack File Manager
    -a Hex editor
    Material that you need:
    -any map
    Required Basics:
    -workflow in PFM

Note: File names , key names and directories are marked italic.

Steps:
    1. Create an empty new mod file (I will name mine karak_kadrin_campaign. pack).

2. Import the map files from your map pack.
    Your pack file should look similar to this:

3. Now you give the folder in terrain/battles/[Some weird name] an useful name (e.g. : dwf_Kadrin) since we need it later (only change this name!).

4. Go to the terrain.pack file into your game data folder.
    There you find the file terrain/battles/warhammer_map_1/battle_locations_map.bin in terrain.pack
    Extract it.

5. Go to he extracted file and open it with the hex editor
    It will look similar to this:

6. Now you have to find the place where to change it. Your Hex editor should a search function so use that.I will search for Karak Kadrin.

The search found the lines for hat city.

7. Above the name you can see the map directory name city_d_dwf

Thats what we change now to our own directory name. (dwf_Kadrin for me)

8. Save the .bin file and import it into your pack (via: Add>Directory)

9. Well, thats it. You are done!
    Final result:

Note: Im still investigating how land battles are done. It seems that in this file only Siege, ambush and mountain pass battles are linked.
    This is the first tutorial i wrote so excuse my mistakes.

If I tried to do something similar to this, would it work?

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Total War Warhammer modders managed to use HEX to add in the custom maps that is created on the steam workshop, and can now replace old maps with custom maps.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI3cBAHaXoI

I assume Causeless you'll be making a tool something like this?#

Adding a custom Siege Map to Campaign
    In this turorial i will show you how to add a community made map to a city.As an example i use the cool Karak Kadrin siege map by Maruka and will bring it into campaign.

Tools you need:
    -Pack File Manager
    -a Hex editor
    Material that you need:
    -any map
    Required Basics:
    -workflow in PFM

Note: File names , key names and directories are marked italic.

Steps:
    1. Create an empty new mod file (I will name mine karak_kadrin_campaign. pack).

2. Import the map files from your map pack.
    Your pack file should look similar to this:

3. Now you give the folder in terrain/battles/[Some weird name] an useful name (e.g. : dwf_Kadrin) since we need it later (only change this name!).

4. Go to the terrain.pack file into your game data folder.
    There you find the file terrain/battles/warhammer_map_1/battle_locations_map.bin in terrain.pack
    Extract it.

5. Go to he extracted file and open it with the hex editor
    It will look similar to this:

6. Now you have to find the place where to change it. Your Hex editor should a search function so use that.I will search for Karak Kadrin.

The search found the lines for hat city.

7. Above the name you can see the map directory name city_d_dwf

Thats what we change now to our own directory name. (dwf_Kadrin for me)

8. Save the .bin file and import it into your pack (via: Add>Directory)

9. Well, thats it. You are done!
    Final result:

Note: Im still investigating how land battles are done. It seems that in this file only Siege, ambush and mountain pass battles are linked.
    This is the first tutorial i wrote so excuse my mistakes.

If I tried to do something similar to this, would it work?
    ...can they do this being that they are 2 different games?

I am not sure. But if you look at the Attila engine, warhammer is built upon it. Cause less said he would be making a tool similar. Let's see what he days since he is handling custom maps etc.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk