Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Official Unofficial Willy Nilly Zelda / HTW Art thread.

Default Re: The Official Unofficial Willy Nilly Zelda / HTW Art thread.

It's all 'Pursuit of Beauty'. Don't expect sense to rule the day. Alternatively: Think 'corset'.

They probably train for the damm things.

a few options for Zora clothing / breathing:

1 - Differences in the weave (or otherwise makeup) of the fabric create more permeable regions around the ribs, allowing water access and so breathing while retaining both modesty and stylishness.
    2 - Sacrifices must be made in the name of fashion! You might not be able to breathe, but your corpse will be so pretty!
    3 - The clothing is not designed for underwater use, so it's not used underwater. Gill constriction is less of a problem if the wearer only breathes air.
    4 - (It's not real! it's a game!)
    5 - Going back to fabric, if the clothing is water-permeable anyway, there will be less of a problem from tight clothing. This doesn't solve the issue of tight clothing holding the gills closed, though...
    Last edited by VictorAYorke; February 17, 2017 at 06:46 PM.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

If they have gills there, wouldn't the clothing be designed to accommodate that? Cutting out a circular shape around the gills and putting lining on the circle's rim so that it doesn't look like some unfashionable heathen just tore out a section of the outfit, for example.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Took awhile due to my busy schedule but I made an opponent for my seashell knight on the Koholint thread.

The crimson knight!

A Hero Doomknocker? Not a bad thought.

Well, when I finally show him fighting the Seashell knight it'll be up to the viewer to decide who is the hero.

Here are some Goron character portraits for a LoZ mod I am working on for the PC/Mac game Crusader Kings 2. Neph was kind enough to allow us to use his artwork as an inspiration and source for our designing of randomized character portraits for our mod. The portraits are made by a chap known as saffron/saffronmar, who also makes portraits for CK2's Elder Scrolls mod (Elder Kings). These portraits are made in pieces (eyes, mouths, hair, ears, etc.), and the game's engine selects them at random and places them together to form a unique looking character. A character can be coded to have a specific look by writing their "DNA".

Disclaimer: I know that Gorons have to date never been shown to have females, however we are bound to include female Gorons due to CK2's engine. So we decided to make them like Tolkien's Dwarves: females exist, but they are rare and hidden from outsiders.

Here are some portrait samples:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Decanus

That is awsome, any links where i can find it?

Quote Originally Posted by darnokthemage View Post
    That is awsome, any links where i can find it?
    Its not yet currently released, still in the process of being made. You can find our thread in the Paradox Interactive Forums under the modding section of CK2, only if you have the game registered on the forums, otherwise you won't have access to the modding subforums (mod's name is Hylian Kings). We will likely be releasing the mod after we have a number of the main race portraits finished. We are happy to have any artistic volunteers who think they could help us make portraits for the races. These Goron portraits began in January and only the males have just finished last week. I'm more of a mapper and a programmer myself, with only modest artistic ability so far. The more artists we have working, the faster we can pump it out. While we aren't following Neph's timeline, I would be happy to help someone out who would want to take up the task of making a submod based on HTW's story and history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123