Thread: [EOR - Attila Mod] Eras of Rome: Augustus Julianus

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default [EOR - Attila Mod] Eras of Rome: Augustus Julianus

This mod is Attila not Rome II. While development continues on Pax Romana I decided to throw this together in my spare time. Go ahead and check it out on the steam workshop.

This is the 3rd project release from the Eras of Rome team and the 1st for Attila. Do not expect a huge overhaul as with Pax Romana. I simply desired a campaign set during the era of Julian the Apostate. The units will not be reskinned; I will leave a recommendation for the best reskin at the bottom. I won't be changing tech or adding buildings or adding anything breathtakingly unique. However, if you do have suggestions for the mod I am happy to hear them and if I get time I will try to make changes.

The year is 355 AD. Rome is in a state of decay. Constantius II is hardly like his father Constantine the Great; he is vindictive, arrogant, and paranoid. He has already killed his former Caesar Gallus and friend Silvanus because of the corrupt officials around him. While dealing with the Persians in the east, he has dispatched his cousin Julian, a man whom has only studied philosophy in Athens his whole life, to defend Gaul. Julian must rise to the challenge and prove himself a true Roman; his traditional pagan values demand it! The Alemanni under Chnodomar and the Franks are on the doorstep. If the threats are dealt with, will Constantius be able to stand Julian's glory? Civil war is likely to follow Julian's victory.

All the playable factions are the same. Julian controls the westernmost provinces (Gaul, Hispania, Britannia) and Constantius holds the rest of the Empire. The Huns have been moved to the far eastern steppe and their position has been weakened; the Goths have been placed into Dacia.

I have removed the silly upgrade system for Roman units so now you can recruit limitanei and cohors until the end as well as getting the legios and such later on. The later units are now unlocked through the tech tree.

Adds the proper historical characters such as Julian, Constantius, Ammian, Valentinian, Valens, Shapur II, and Chnodomar along with a few other minor characters found in Ammian's history.

I also added several eastern Roman units to the Western faction and vis versa.

Stopped legacy techs from being overridden by Church tech.

Thanks to Barristan, figured out how to have Attila spawn at the proper time.

Bugs:
    I changed the faction uniform colors for Constantius' empire to red and it worked at first but now they are appearing as purple again; not sure why. I will look into it.

For enhanced play and better Romans I highly recommend the Defensores Romanum mod by Avetis.
    Link
    I would also recommend Avetis' other reskins for Persians and Barbarians found on steam. They are masterfully done.

Also for more immersive gameplay I recommend the Reunite Rome - LITE by 45th President of the United States
    Link

If necessary, here is a non-steam link.
    Augustus Julianus

Pictures
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Credits:
    Noif for his banners
    Christos for his helmet
    Avetis for his shield
    Last edited by Emperor Caesar; January 19, 2017 at 12:10 PM. Reason: MOD UPDATED

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [EOR - Attila Mod] Eras of Rome: Augustus Julianus

Higly anticipated
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος