Thread: Better GPU, lower FPS & stuttering

Default Better GPU, lower FPS & stuttering

Hey Guys, since I've graded my GPU up from a R9 270X to a GTX 1070 my FPS went extremely low and the game started stuttering.
    (Also the ingame shown GB are around 3 instead of 8)

On the campaign map I experience around 50 FPS and in fights they're about the half of it.
    I already deleted and reinstalled gpu drivers and tried to change the performance.script.txt with no results.

Before the upgrade I used to have 70+ FPS with ultra+ settings, now I'm having ~25FPS on very high.

Maybe some of you experienced the same problems and solved them somehow because I have no idea what else I could try.

Thanks for reading.

Default Re: Better GPU, lower FPS & stuttering

delete preferences file, it most likely still contain things for old card..

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    delete preferences file, it most likely still contain things for old card..
    Already done this, nothing changed. Also tried to set the bytes on gfx_memory or the amount of cores in number_of_threads to 8 and nothing happened.
    I receive the same FPS with 2 armies in R2, than with 8 armies in Attila. :S

do you have unlimited memory enabled or disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    do you have unlimited memory enabled or disabled?
    I tried both, but it seems to make no difference regarding the fps. I also checked CPU and GPU usage ingame and they're both around 30% which wonders me as well.

btw im using a i7-3770 3,4GHz and 16GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
    I tried both, but it seems to make no difference regarding the fps. I also checked CPU and GPU usage ingame and they're both around 30% which wonders me as well.

btw im using a i7-3770 3,4GHz and 16GB RAM.
    Did you solve the problem ?
    Game still reads 3gb meomory ?
    Got the same problem with 3gb memory instead of 6

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Did you solve the problem ?
    Game still reads 3gb meomory ?
    Got the same problem with 3gb memory instead of 6
    Unfortunately not. I tried reinstalling my comp and installing Rome on my SSD but no changes at all..

Quote Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
    Unfortunately not. I tried reinstalling my comp and installing Rome on my SSD but no changes at all..
    gosh man I'm really feelin for you that sucks..it's so weird of a problem too. I wish I could help.
    Oh on the memory thing I think the game always uses 3gb no mater how much you have because I would imagine the game doesn't need any more than that...I might be wrong though so don't quote me on that

Months have passed and still no improvement. Tried nearly everything and I'm out of ideas. How is this possible since ppl using the same gpu, cpu, drivers etc.?