Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Germany suffering from extreme Nazi guilt?

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Is Germany suffering from extreme Nazi guilt?

I`ve been trying to figure out why Germany seems hell-bent on destroying its own country. Attack after murderous attack on their own people they just keep taking. People expecting to enjoy Christmas now never being able to do so, due to recent events.

The police drag their feet in their investigations. After all that`s happened you`d think they would be expert at figuring out what`s happened in a couple of hours and be right on the case. But they tarry in getting a suspect, then release, then say it`s someone else. It`s like they must first have to report to Merkel before they can do anything.

It seems to me that the Germans, after all this time, have been so guilted by WW2 and continue to be so guilted that the very mindset of these people is one of surrender of all commonsense.

I even think that Angela Merkel isn`t in power because of her abilities, but because she`s a woman, and in the German`s minds, surely someone who is female can`t be as bad as Hitler- And because of that they continue to accept her incompetence continuously, even, as German people die, even as if it suicides them.

20 years ago, I visited Germany, saw Berlin, saw the wall and all that. It was pretty cosmopolitan. Even met a very decent German lorry driver that I had a great chat with. Met a very nice German girl too from Dresden, lovely lady, lovely country. I`m black, with my stereotype views of Germany I was not expecting that.

However, It`s hard to imagine what it must be like now. The Germans were fine 20 years ago, but they have gone too far to be `nice` now. An unlimited policy of allowing any immigrant into a country permanently is not commonsense.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; December 21, 2016 at 06:18 AM.

Default Re: Is Germany suffering from extreme Nazi guilt?

The problem with the hypothesis is that it doesn't really explain Sweden's similar behavior, but as you know, white people invented slavery, colonialism, deep-fried Mars bars, and the patriarchy, so there is that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

mfdoom's Avatar Civis

It's all about the Kalergi plan. European elite is pushing it and we must stop it!

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    The problem with the hypothesis is that it doesn't really explain Sweden's similar behavior, but as you know, white people invented slavery, colonialism, deep-fried Mars bars, and the patriarchy, so there is that.
    It`s complicated.

Sweden is a different problem.

Sweden has been successfully cuckolded by deep rampant feminist ideology. They have succeeded in guilting their men and emasculating them to the point they`ve given it up, to their increasing detriment. I don`t give Sweden long before it fails as a nation unless they kick the fembots out.

Germany is different. They didn`t need that much guilting by Feminism because the Nazi guilt was already there. One thing I do recognise is that the guilt is predominantly aimed at white men, which is very tragic.

However, there is no doubt in my mind, that Feminism (and to some extent women, or more listening TOO much to women) have contributed to this ongoing destruction of their countries.

What seems to be common is that women in general, like to see themselves as the `victim` of the man, especially the white Western man. They seem to revel in having a`victim` status, even when it`s clear they are not. They see the foreign immigrant as a `victim` and identify with them. When I was a student I had a feminist teacher bleating how sexism was the same as racism and we must all fight it together. Even then I spoke up at how these are not the same thing. She shouted me down, the rest of the class did nothing and I was too young to know to argue her back- I was also acutely aware I`d be marked down in my exams if I fought it.

This attitude makes them think they have the `moral right`, regardless of the reality around them.

So they invite them right in, unfettered, unchecked. When he does something bad, like kill men, women and children or rape, well it isn`t his fault because it`s the white man`s patriarchy`s fault really- Or he doesn`t understand because of his `culture`. This where Sweden and Germany share the same problem.

Now I`m not saying immigrants are all bad, of course not, but with the climate of the Middle East and the kind of men who will violently kill innocents to prove a point, you cannot be this naive or lax, as evidence is showing. By the way, islamic women have also been known to commit acts of terror. Expect to see Islamic women do something next.

This `open door` policy is a fantasy hippy type of thinking and it will destroy them, unless they ACT and QUICKLY to stop it.

We need people who can use commonsense, judgment, and when needed use that hard stick, not be constantly nice. In other words they need strong men. Women might be able to do it, sure, but you have a better chance with men as history shows, and all men are not Hitler.

That`s how I see it, though like I said, it`s complex.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; December 21, 2016 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    I even think that Angela Merkel isn`t in power because of her abilities, but because she`s a woman,
    While I agree on your general premise, this one is wrong - she is in power because of her abilities, more precisely her keen instinct for obtaining power and pushing out the competition, coupled with her desire to make history and her extreme opportunism. It's just that, as you can see, none of these "qualities" are positive when it comes to an elected head of government.

As far as the original question goes, yes, Germany is suffering from the guilt cult, which is based on a Hitler-centric view of the world and of (world!) history. That, plus the newer, but related, SJW cults.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Western Europe seems determined to virtue-signal itself to extinction.

Virtue-signalling regressives never care about Islamist atrocities - but always seem to find a tweet or comment from Farage or Trump to become hugely offended and massively outraged by.
    Last edited by Incontinenta Buttox; December 21, 2016 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    I`ve been trying to figure out why Germany seems hell-bent on destroying its own country.
    Ah nothing like a discussion set up with a solid assumption stuck in somebody's skull.

Attack after murderous attack on their own people they just keep taking.
    Talking: Full blown manhunt and investigation under way.

The police drag their feet in their investigations. After all that`s happened you`d think they would be expert at figuring out what`s happened in a couple of hours and be right on the case. But they tarry in getting a suspect, then release, then say it`s someone else.
    It's almost as if it's not easy!

It`s like they must first have to report to Merkel before they can do anything.
    Which... they don't.

It seems to me that the Germans, after all this time, have been so guilted by WW2 and continue to be so guilted that the very mindset of these people is one of surrender of all commonsense.
    I fail to see the connection but let's strap on our tin foil hat and see where you're going.

I even think that Angela Merkel isn`t in power because of her abilities, but because she`s a woman,
    Humble Warrior ignoring that Merkel has won three elections, is polled to win the next and has been Chancellor for over a decade.

and in the German`s minds, surely someone who is female can`t be as bad as Hitler-
    I mean, what a ing stupid thing to even say.

The last few threads on topics like this have been making my head hurt. How can people think this is actually happening?

Germany should just move on. We don't see Georgia beating itself over Stalin or and we don't see China beating itself up over Mao, although both of them were way worse then Hitler.
    This guilt is actually creating problems, since the current German government is exploiting it to maintain rather anti-German policies. More Germans need to realize that the real problem are EU and their own government rather then what happened 70+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Germany should just move on. We don't see Georgia beating itself over Stalin or and we don't see China beating itself up over Mao, although both of them were way worse then Hitler.
    This guilt is actually creating problems, since the current German government is exploiting it to maintain rather anti-German policies. More Germans need to realize that the real problem are EU and their own government rather then what happened 70+ years ago.
    Only problem is that this logic only works if a warped mind thinks totalitarian systems are good, HH. It is not a good thing that Stalin is still revered in many places despite murdering millions of his own people. It is not a good thing Mao is still revered despite murdering millions of his own people.

It is a good thing that Germany is open with its past, educates its children of the evils of nazism, and I can't see why anybody wouldn't agree.
    Last edited by Tango12345; January 02, 2017 at 07:51 AM. Reason: disruptive elements removed

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I even think that Angela Merkel isn`t in power because of her abilities, but because she`s a woman, and in the German`s minds, surely someone who is female can`t be as bad as Hitler- And because of that they continue to accept her incompetence continuously, even, as German people die, even as if it suicides them.
    Even if others disagree with you, your post would seem reasonable if you dropped this absurd Hitler comparison. How exactly is Merkel comparable to Hitler or even nearly as bad as him? Is Merkel sending troops to invade other sovereign nations, carpet bombing enemy cities, carrying out extrajudicial killings throughout the countryside with death squads like the Einsatzgruppen, purging party leaders, smashing Jewish-owned businesses, and sending undesirables to concentration camps? If the answer is no, then you should probably rethink your comparison. Having lax security and immigration policies produce their own set of problems, but they sure as hell aren't comparable to this.

Also, I agree with what Athanaric said (as usual).

Lol. Deep-fried Mars bars and the patriarchy go hand in hand, my friend. How do you think the patriarchy is able to sustain itself? Especially after the loss of their slave labor and colonies.

That said, if Sweden was a candy bar, it would be absolutely full of nuts. Honestly, what the hell is going on in that country? Immigrants tend to show at least a modicum of respect for the host countries where they move, but it just seems like many immigrants there have a different attitude. I've seen dozens of documentaries now where people just randomly assault news teams simply for filming in their neighborhoods, acting like they own the public space or something. The Swedes have almost completely failed to assimilate huge swaths of these immigrant populations. Perhaps this has something to do with their lack of experience in assimilating immigrants in previous generations, to the point where this sort of thing is not ingrained into their culture yet? They just really seem to suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Only problem is that this logic only works if a warped mind thinks totalitarian systems are good, HH. It is not a good thing that Stalin is still revered in many places despite murdering millions of his own people. It is not a good thing Mao is still revered despite murdering millions of his own people.

It is a good thing that Germany is open with its past, educates its children of the evils of nazism, and I can't see why anybody wouldn't agree.
    Nobody is talking about revering anyone, just moving on, since it's rather obvious that it wasn't population who did the bad things, just the government. Concentrating on guilt of your ancestors is just unhealthy and we have corrupt and dangerous cleptocrats like Merkel using it to gain political capital. If anything, Germans should just move on from the past and realize their current government is a much bigger problem.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Germany should just move on.
    Yes, the masochistic tendencies of the modern average German is rather disheartening and not at all as arousing as one might be led to believe by the covers of their DVDs.

We don't see Georgia beating itself over Stalin or and we don't see China beating itself up over Mao,
    Those are terrible examples, in those societies there is the even worse tendency of exalting monsters. That's far worse than what the Germans have, which is a kind of perverse self-hatred, that's way better than worshiping mass murderers.

Yes, obviously, but don't blow it out of proportion.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Nobody is talking about revering anyone, just moving on, since it's rather obvious that it wasn't population who did the bad things, just the government. Concentrating on guilt of your ancestors is just unhealthy and we have corrupt and dangerous cleptocrats like Merkel using it to gain political capital. If anything, Germans should just move on from the past and realize their current government is a much bigger problem.
    You're the only one bringing cross-generational guilt into things. Banning nazism and being honest about the past does not imply individual guilt of modern Germans. It's scary that you equate historical fact with shame.

being honest about the past
    Well, given that big scale wars have even bigger scale propaganda, what you typed there may have unexpected implied content.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Well, given that big scale wars have even bigger scale propaganda, what you typed there may have unexpected implied content.
    You are trying, in cowardly wink wink nudge nudge posting style that you do not believe the crimes of the nazis actually happened, that they were invented "propaganda". Again, such views can right off, fkizz.
    Last edited by Iskar; January 03, 2017 at 04:36 AM. Reason: personal reference removed

You are trying, in your typically cowardly wink wink nudge nudge posting style that you do not believe the crimes of the nazis actually happened, that they were invented "propaganda". Again, such views can right off, fkizz.
    Trained enough against the strawman yet? Maybe one day you can come at my posts directly. One day..
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

So enlighten me then - if not that, what was your point? I'm all ears.

My point was that war has propaganda, and the bigger the war is, the bigger the propaganda to boost the men's morale.

Applies from Carthage/Rome to WWI to WWII. Propaganda sometimes displays certain points and hides others. WWII is still recent. So when you speak of having "truth", there's a huge research job ahead, whose conclusions can't simply or easily be taught/explained in classroom.

One of such cases is Katyn massacre in Poland. Blame was often atributed to Germany, later revealed it was done by USSR.

Someone who had information of this before this information going public couldn't simply teach it on classroom.

Added- For example see, Napoleon Total War Peninsular Campaign.

There's agents who teach the virtues of monarchy (that work as anti french imperialism in the context) and agents that teach enlightenment values (that work as pro french imperialism in the context).

Which one of the sides during Napoleonic wars is the Truth? Monarchy (anti-FrenchEmpire) or Enlightenmnet(Pro-FrenchEmpire)? Who knows? Maybe a bit of both? That's why it's complicated, assuming one does not lie routinely, to assess the complicated issue known as truth.
    Last edited by fkizz; January 03, 2017 at 02:05 PM.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    My point was that war has propaganda, and the bigger the war is, the bigger the propaganda to boost the men's morale.

Applies from Carthage/Rome to WWI to WWII. Propaganda sometimes displays certain points and hides others. WWII is still recent. So when you speak of having "truth", there's a huge research job ahead, whose conclusions can't simply or easily be taught/explained in classroom.

One of such cases is Katyn massacre in Poland. Blame was often atributed to Germany, later revealed it was done by USSR.

Someone who had information of this before this information going public couldn't simply teach it on classroom.

Added- For example see, Napoleon Total War Peninsular Campaign.

There's agents who teach the virtues of monarchy (that work as anti french imperialism in the context) and agents that teach enlightenment values (that work as pro french imperialism in the context).

Which one of the sides during Napoleonic wars is the Truth? Monarchy (anti-FrenchEmpire) or Enlightenmnet(Pro-FrenchEmpire)? Who knows? Maybe a bit of both? That's why it's complicated, assuming one does not lie routinely, to assess the complicated issue known as truth.
    What the is the point of this digression in the context of my post saying it is right and good that Germany is open, honest and educates its youth on the atrocities of the Nazi regime?

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast