Thread: [WIP] ROM CAMPAIGN MAP -~ EUROPE

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [WIP] ROM CAMPAIGN MAP -~ EUROPE

Any campaign is a good campaign.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

agreed

Agreed! Would be very thankful for a europa campaign map instead of no campaign. I'd be totally fine with it. Anyone who wouldn't like a europe map..just don't play it

well spoken

Senator

I'd be fine with a Europe campaign too.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

wait, what happened to this map? it was nice

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/ima...-mi-786986.jpg

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

It has proven to be impossible to change the coastlines of the Europe map so this map is obsolete Im afraid
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Ok so quoting CA_Grace here.
    Unfortunately we can’t release a Campaign Map Editing tool for Total War, as it doesn’t exist. The way we build the campaign map at CA is through a series of processes involving a mix of tech we make and 3rd party tools we don’t own the right to distribute, within a development version of the game. This is the best way for us to create our games, and we don’t use an all-in-one editor that you might be thinking of.

While it is theoretically possible to create an editor like this, it wouldn’t benefit our development process, would take us a long time and delay the next Total War releasing and would mean that we’d be making an editor and not a game, which is what we would much rather do.

This is from her talking about the new battle map making tool that has been released for Total War: Warhammer.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-out-more-here

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    Ok so quoting CA_Grace here.
    Unfortunately we can’t release a Campaign Map Editing tool for Total War, as it doesn’t exist. The way we build the campaign map at CA is through a series of processes involving a mix of tech we make and 3rd party tools we don’t own the right to distribute, within a development version of the game. This is the best way for us to create our games, and we don’t use an all-in-one editor that you might be thinking of.

While it is theoretically possible to create an editor like this, it wouldn’t benefit our development process, would take us a long time and delay the next Total War releasing and would mean that we’d be making an editor and not a game, which is what we would much rather do.

This is from her talking about the new battle map making tool that has been released for Total War: Warhammer.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-out-more-here
    I hope that you will not be moving to Warhammer because of the battle map editor...
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    I hope that you will not be moving to Warhammer because of the battle map editor...
    Attila has a battle map editor as well
    We're legally not allowed to move the mod to Warhammer
    Warhammer has terrible mod tools, so even if we wanted to (which we don't) and were allowed to, the tools don't exist to get any of our models in-game.

battlemaps should still go well in attila i think

okiemarine's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    We're legally not allowed to move the mod to Warhammer
    Is there an international law stating no mods will be made on Warhammer?

Quote Originally Posted by okiemarine View Post
    Is there an international law stating no mods will be made on Warhammer?
    Nope lols, more to do with the terms of conditions when uploading mods to Steam Workshop for Warhammer. It says no third party IP mods allowed. If modders break that rule, there's a chance Games Workshop could revoke modding permission for the next two Warhammer games, its pretty lucky Warhammer 1 has modding at all.

Anyways, even if we were allowed to the mod tools are terrible and the mod couldn't be ported over.

okiemarine's Avatar Laetus

Ah. Understood. Thanks.

An out of the box idea here, whether or not it's feasible I don't know. But if the reason they won't release a map editing tool is that it's not profitable, the community could petition CA and crowdfund them to make such a tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Mja1 View Post
    An out of the box idea here, whether or not it's feasible I don't know. But if the reason they won't release a map editing tool is that it's not profitable, the community could petition CA and crowdfund them to make such a tool?
    We had a petition ages ago just asking them to change it themselves, but it never went anywhere. We'd have to raise a LOT of money, since we'd be paying their wages for however long it takes for them to make something that they honestly should make themselves, since it'd be providing the game with longevity.

Plus probably raise legal issues. It's a good-ish idea though, just probably not feasible unfortunately.

Or somebody has to invent a tool for editing the campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    Or somebody has to invent a tool for editing the campaign map.
    Yeah but we'd just be giving them tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars from sales. I only bought Medieval 2 and Kingdoms DLC for the mods, and I'm sure a lot of other people have as well. They should just realise a campaign map editor would pay itself back. The only reasons I can think of for their refusal to make it are either
    a) they're worried about legal repercussions from all the third-party IPs like Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, Elder Scrolls, ect but... I don't know of any legal issues that have arisen from all the Medieval 2 mods.
    OR
    b) Creative Assembly are seriously out of touch with how much modding contributes to a game's longevity.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Yeah but we'd just be giving them tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars from sales. I only bought Medieval 2 and Kingdoms DLC for the mods, and I'm sure a lot of other people have as well. They should just realise a campaign map editor would pay itself back. The only reasons I can think of for their refusal to make it are either
    a) they're worried about legal repercussions from all the third-party IPs like Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, Elder Scrolls, ect but... I don't know of any legal issues that have arisen from all the Medieval 2 mods.
    OR
    b) Creative Assembly are seriously out of touch with how much modding contributes to a game's longevity.
    as for 1 CA has reasons to since call of warhammer got problems with Games workshop
    they had to rename it to rage of the dark gods to avoid getting lawsuited
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Someone who has a direct connection to CA inquire about how much it would cost for the tools, verify if it's okay to crowdfund, start a kickstarter, have pixelated apollo, jackie fish, umad, and all the other current third age streamers blast out the kickstarter info.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast