Thread: Chaos Campaign and diplomacy

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

Default Chaos Campaign and diplomacy

Hello.. i've recently started my 2nd campaign as a chaos faction (nurgle) on VH/VH, but after few turns happened exactly the same thing happened in my first with tzeench:
    a neutral chaos faction attack me, and if i siege any settlement of this faction, i loose the favour of everchoosen, and undivided chaos declare war against me...
    it's boring because i've already played a campaign "me against all" in cow, and now i was very happy to enjoy the crusaders-mechanichs of boteot, but in this way i can't enjoy it..
    any suggestion? i only can denfend myself and ignore other chaos faction for hold the everchoosen favour?

again, sorry for my english

Default Re: Chaos Campaign and diplomacy

Diplomacy is being reworked some in the next version, but Chaos factions work exactly like Catholic factions in Medieval 2, with Everchosen as Pope. In the next version you'll be able to engage in diplomacy easier, especially with all factions having all their agents, but Chaos factions are not all supposed to be friends permanently.

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

Default Chaos Campaign and diplomacy

The problem is not that korne declare war to me, i like war and fight, the problem is that after 1 turn sieging a korne settlement, the everchoosen declare war to me... so i only can defend me from other chaos factions attacks, and never the aggressor can be myself..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Like I said, it works like the Catholic factions in Medieval 2.
    http://totalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Papal...II:_Total_War)
    http://totalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Pope

We're working on the diplomacy so it's a little less likely to be excommunicated, but it's a hardcoded vanilla Medieval 2 thing that is part of the ability to use the Crusade mechanic.

Is there any way I can attack/break alliance the other chaos factions as chaos undivided?
    Also is it possible to get siege units as chaos undivided on the campaign (the hellcanon or whatever is called on the custom battles)?