Thread: Native Voices for 1648 V 2.0

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Default Native Voices for 1648 V 2.0

I've updated everything a littlebit. I've tried to give most units the correct accent (mostly German and English) and also added some polish into the game. But like the swedish accent, it mostly affects soldiers voices on the battlefield and the campaign map (see my explanations for swedish accent further down). But I hope you like it anyway

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8hrrfk...ive_Voices.rar

Just unpack the rar into your data folder

IMPORTANT!!! Make Backups!!!

One thing about the swedish voices:
    Sadly I'm not able to provide a swedish Voice for the Princess and some dialogs are missing (PrebattleSpeeches, Diplomats at negotiations and some minor sentences as well).Sorry for that... But they are talking Swedish on the Strat_Map and on the Battlefield.

Finally have fun and let me know if you like it!

Last edited by crosscheck86; February 22, 2017 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: Native Voices for 1648 V 2.0

Interesting and intriguing. I will download and try them. I have found it a little awkward that the Swedish King shouts "for England!" in his battle speeches. Many thanks!

Edit: I had a quick look at the files, I did not go very far, but noticed that the Danish general's speeches seem from Rome I: "The gods have abandoned our enemies!", "The gods are with us", etc. The main problem for me is when Gustavus Adolphus asks his men to fight for England or to pray to St George or when e.g. Swedish diplomats claim to speak on behalf of the English Bar.

There has been some research on the nationality of combatants of the various armies and it would appear that regiments were manned by whoever was available locally, so most regiments fighting in Germany, regardless of the nominal state to which they belonged, had German soldiers. There was some research recently of the skeletons found in Lutzen believed to have been soldiers of the Blue and Yellow Swedish brigades and all but one of the skeletons belonged apparently to Germans. Only one soldier was identified as Swedish. Considering that these were the elite Swedish brigades, we can safely assume that by this time in the war there were hardly any Swedes fighting in the Swedish infantry. Robert Monro talks mostly about Scottish and German soldiers. Denmark had possessions in Germany near Holstein at the start of the Thirty Years War, so the Danish soldiers were probably also partly Scots and Germans. This is why Denmark and Sweden have English voices. Danish accent for the Danish would be ok, as long as the speeches are from christian Denmark not from pagan Denmark. Moreover, the Danish I have known have an accent much like English, probably since the Angles came from the area of modern Southern Denmark.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; December 20, 2016 at 01:13 PM.

Could some pictures be placed?

What kinds of pictures? Screenshots? If you have some of your own, go ahead. You can start a new thread "Screenshots from the 1648 mod" and upload your pictures there. Perhaps we should have had such an area already but we don't.

Sorry was talking about pictures of the install process for the native voices.

Yeah a visual guide would be needed.
    I dont want to mess up my install because of this submod.

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

I'm updating the files soon. I've tried to put the accents correct to the units and added Polish accents a well.
    @jebezt2 - The new upload is easier to install, so you won't mess up anything. Anyway you should make backups of any files you have to overwrite.
    Last edited by crosscheck86; February 20, 2017 at 03:31 PM.

hallo crossheck86,i love the polish voices here even if they are not completed;great work!i have polish princess voices,even i don't know if they are any good(mine polish is very bad,but you can try them and use them,they are from a polish voice translater;here is link:

and i have swedish princess voices too,you can try them;they work in mine private mod,the first time the campaign will crash but the second time it will load good.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; January 11, 2018 at 03:51 PM.

Hey man,

thanks for the great native voices submod you did for the 1648 mod for Medieval 2.

It does add immersion!!

However, I ignored your advice and did not make backups.

Do you happen to have the original files that your mod modified?
    I would appreciate if you can send me these original via mediafire for example.

Thanks in advance.

DBW.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

I'm confused, does this mod have anything to do with Ha hawk's "Native Voices" mod for M2TW?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...d-quot-Ver-1-0

HIS mod adds/replaces localized (foreign language) voice audio. Is that what THIS Native Voices mod does, or does it simply adjust the use of the vanilla voice audio in M2TW?
    If it does not use Ha Hawk's voice audio files, perhaps it COULD. (?)
    Because having the 1648 Strat Map Characters speaking German, etc. rather than just "German Accent" English, would be even better!

Stratmap voices along with all the text are in German in the German version of the mod - for even more immersion!

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    Stratmap voices along with all the text are in German in the German version of the mod - for even more immersion!
    Nice. But I'll need the text to be in english in order to play.

Icon5 Re: Native Voices for 1648 V 2.0

When I paste file of the submod, in the diplomacy speech box appare these, it's normal? :hmm:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200403_142108.jpg  

Here are updated diplomacy and diplomacy_speech file which should correct the above issues. They need to go into the the data\text folder. The strings.bin files need to be deleted in order for the changes to take effect. I had an issue with the Swedish accent not working so those changes have not been added. This is for the English version only, though the German version should be fairly easy to update.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; June 08, 2020 at 11:13 PM.

Hey when i placed the native voices data and text files into my data/mods/1648_2/data it seems to work fine with the new voices. Although the cannon explosion sound does not work and I can not hear any of the explosion effects. Can anyone help me with this?

There's something wrong, the polish units speak in german..