Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: New Attila Content in 2017

Default Re: New Attila Content in 2017

Like I said, I hope you're right. By the way, I've read the March 17th announcement, of course. But I only read what it says there: "conducting investigations (...) to investigate further". Nothing else. But let's hope something it's in the works.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

God dang warhsmer maaannnn spoiled this perfect history simulator...

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I would have loved an Aztec Total War, with Aztecs(obv.), Mayan city states, Purepecha empire, Zapotec and Mixtec kingdoms, etc. as well as the Incan empire, the Mapuche, the Moche, etc. Hell add the Cherokee and the Apache and lets have a blast. Would have been a very interesting and different Total War game.

Sadly I doubt it's ever gonna happen now that the new WHTW title is based on the new world as well.

Artifex

Hmmm new news

So looks like a viking world map with navigable rivers is doable... including the Black Sea, the Caspian, Near East, campaigns in Normandy, Galicua, Sicily and so on. Trade with the Persian, Arabs, Byzantines... raids in Anatolia, Caucasus etc. Kiev of course. The Carpathians etc. Enciunters with the Vlachs are recorded as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_in_Galicia

https://youtu.be/ChWuGRx5fu8

Yup I vote for that together with the second migration of Maghyars and Turkic tribes including Bulgars, Khazars, Pechenegs, Cumans etc. Also tge Slavic migration and tge Croat horde, Great Moravia etc. East Francia, Lotharingia and West Francia in tge Great Map.

https://youtu.be/ChWuGRx5fu8

Oh yeah also the " Estinian Vikings"...

Alao the splinters of tge Abbasids of Turkic persian kurd arab indian lords

http://www.euratlas.net/history/euro...tity_2514.html

Maybe this including the last of the avars fighting criats and bulgars under abraham frankish vassal

Serbians poles and so on. Moravia bohemia pomerania etc.

So arabs. Persians turks vikings estinians slavs. Remnants if tge riman byzantines snd heirs of roman franks whag do you want more!!!!???

Magyats too

Oh y3ah andalusian chandax emirate of crete

Smth like that

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-...s-872-1071-tgc

Well full scandinavia iceland parts of greenland and canada woukdn t hurt... for the viking west conquests
    Last edited by Visarion; April 05, 2017 at 12:04 PM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    I would have loved an Aztec Total War, with Aztecs(obv.), Mayan city states, Purepecha empire, Zapotec and Mixtec kingdoms, etc. as well as the Incan empire, the Mapuche, the Moche, etc. Hell add the Cherokee and the Apache and lets have a blast. Would have been a very interesting and different Total War game.

Sadly I doubt it's ever gonna happen now that the new WHTW title is based on the new world as well.
    I was expecting that too or expansion into India and China...

Also the Andean cultures and of course Spain, Portugal, England, France, Netherlands etc.

I could do without the european powers, just Spain and maybe portugal. At most england as a late emerging faction. I think people should at least try to check out new factions, especially the ones that claim they are history buffs.

Artifex

Edited post #144

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6965126.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6950036.html

No chance they will not involve the europeans and especially ENGLISH!!! if you know what I mean... like England tw

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

The latest CA blog on the subject.Confirmation of what they said last time.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/quick-...orical-titles/

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

We have also been collaborating with our first historical advisor, pre-eminent in his field and already bringing that world-leading expertise to bear on our designs and extensive research so far – don’t forget, it’s an era that we haven’t tackled yet, so we want to make sure we get it right.

Now THAT is interesting. Ancient era? Mesoamerica? Central Asia or China?

However, I could have done a far better job advising on Attila: Total War than whomever they hired... FFS it's my life's research...

I'll myself if it is Mesoamerica. It's not, but It'd be amazing.

WhatAnArtist's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    I could do without the european powers, just Spain and maybe portugal. At most england as a late emerging faction. I think people should at least try to check out new factions, especially the ones that claim they are history buffs.
    Not our fault if we don't find Meso-American empires interesting. For me personally they're the most boring topics in history, so I wouldn't be interested in a game set entirely around them.

Doubt you've seen a whole lot about the subject to find it the most boring topic in history, but meh, it's your opinion, not a "we" opinion. Regardless, if it is set in Mesoamerica, or north America as a whole, I stand by my comment of limiting european factions to 1 or 3 at most, 2 being emergent.
    Mesoamerica, East Asia, Indian Continent/middle east, Andean America, would all make me fairly content. Europe post-Persian Invasions is just the most boringest thing in the world to me.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Now THAT is interesting. Ancient era? Mesoamerica? Central Asia or China?
    Mesoamerica, Central Asia, or China simply would not sell well due to a lack of popular interest. Central Asia might be cool, but CA already (very poorly I might add) explored the whole horse archer/steppe theme with Attila.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    However, I could have done a far better job advising on Attila: Total War than whomever they hired...
    We all could have my friend, there are some things about the game's design that still make me cringe.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Artifex

I don't know why but I feel Genghis Khan arriving in sll it's glory in a msp stretvhing from Mongolia and China to Persia-Iran, Mesopotamia, Egypt, Arabia, Levant, Asia Minor and eastern and central Europe.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    I don't know why but I feel Genghis Khan arriving in sll it's glory in a msp stretvhing from Mongolia and China to Persia-Iran, Mesopotamia, Egypt, Arabia, Levant, Asia Minor and eastern and central Europe.
    As cool as that would be, CA would not launch a new historical total war game without at least putting a strong emphasis on Western Europe.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Artifex

They can put Richard the Lionheart in Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Mesoamerica, Central Asia, or China simply would not sell well due to a lack of popular interest. Central Asia might be cool, but CA already (very poorly I might add) explored the whole horse archer/steppe theme with Attila.

We all could have my friend, there are some things about the game's design that still make me cringe.
    Your right but it's sad.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/325610...2768630273246/

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow
    Seen how things changed for the best in so many aspects in Age of Charlemagne, i can only hope and wish that the Core Game gets some needed improvements too before CA decides to move on completely into the Next Tittle, as it is fair to assume that the next Historical Total War game might take a while to come.
    Rome 2 added a lot of new features to the Grand Campaign from its Campaigns DLC(Seasons, re-worked civil wars and politics, etc), why has Attila not done the same?

The thread is a list of quality of life improvements and/or small feasible changes/additions that would hopefully make the game even better, whilst not be so hard to implement.

• Remove/change the current research system(at least for WRE and ERE) where units get replaced; research should be about unlocking new units and expanding the recruitment roster, not about replacing the old ones and limiting the roster even more (it is not like in this time period there were big army reforms ala Marian style or anything).

-Make unit names and roles more clear and consistent. There should be a clear distinction between Limitanei, Comitatenses and Palatina units for the ERE and WRE, the same way there was a clear distinction between Ashigaru, Samurai and Warrior Monks in Shogun 2. Age of Charlemagne already did this, and it makes both the multiplayer and singleplayer way more accesible, balanced and manageable.
    - Remove a couple of redundant units from each faction for the sake of convenience and to make each faction a bit more unique. Age of Charlemagne was a great improvement in this regard compared to vanilla Attila.

• ERE and WRE should have faction specific mercenaries in the form of Foederati units. Foederati units should not be linked to any building in order to recruit, but rather be linked to regions. They should act more or less like levy units for the Romans, cheap and easy to recruit, but not very reliable stats wise.

• Major diplomacy re-balance across all factions.
      - Some factions should always start with better diplomatic relations to each other (Franks & WRE as example), to better reflect the time period and to better balance factions initial difficulty spikes.
      - AI should engage easier in Trade Agreement when it benefits both parts.
      - Factions should not randomly declare war on each other when they are 10+ turns away from each other.
      - AI should be more careful about trespassing.
      - Big Empire/Power penalties should be sightly reduced (right now it makes making any sort of deal almost impossible).

• Additional Diplomatic option should be added.
      - Option to demand/gift/trade cities as long as they are bordering our/the AI territories and as long as the PC or AI already owns at least 1 city in that province.
      - Option to ask "X faction" to make peace with "Y faction".
      - Option to grant Military Access to hordes (right now they just trespass all the time)
      - Option to ask for Military Access as hordes (so we don't become unfriendly to every single faction in the map just because we need to move across their lands)
      - Vassal Sates should get the ability to reclaim land for their overlords(like in The Last Roman), in stead of claiming the land for themselves.

• War Weariness from Age of Charlemagne properly implemented into the core game.

• The "buildings affecting adjacent provinces" feature from Age of Charlemagne should be present in some degree in the Main Campaign.

• Ship capture ability similar to Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2.

• Range and Accuracy stats should be displayed for Archers.

• Encyclopedia should be accessible offline! And should be more serviceable, allowing us to compare units side by side, etc.

• Only Hunic factions should actively raze and loot settlements, barbarians and civilized factions should focus more on occupying and expanding in stead, while nomadic factions should focus more on ressetling.

• Make "Imperium" a dynamic thing, that can both increase and decrease depending on whats going on in our faction.

- Losing battles, losing territory, losing internal faction support(balance of power), etc should make our "imperium" go down.
    - Researching new technology should not increase our Imperium significantly as it does now, the biggest Imperium increase rate should come from expanding our territory control and continuously winning battles in stead.
    - The UI should display what technologies increase our Imperium and by how much, like in AoC.

• Allow us to change capitals.

• Ability to assassinate enemy Governors.

• Assigning a character to an "Office" should come with more freedom, similar to Age of Charlemagne, where the requirement of having to "work up the ladder" is not existing.

• Change the effects of "ransoming prisoners" and "adding them to the army".
      - Ransoming prisoners should not have an integrity penalty, soldiers should be happy about the loot gained, not unhappy.
      - Adding enemy troops to our army should have a negative effect on integrity as enemy units would be less loyal, and tension would arise between our own troops and the new "recruits".

• Giving a "Decimate" order should have a sizeable morale penalty that lasted several turns for said troops in the affected army, as they would be demoralised by watching their comrades in arms being executed. This would make giving the Decimate order more of a hard choise, right now it hardly has any downsides, as lost troops usually replenish in just 1 or 2 turns, making managing integrity very easy and gamey.

• More unique settlements and/or visual representation of the buildings we have constructed on the campaign map, while on the settlement battle map.

For the Multiplayer:

• Quick Battle should let us select the time period we want to fight in: The Last Roman, Age of Charlemagne or Grand Campaign.
    • Quick Battle should let us select what type of battle we want to partake in: Siege Battle, Land Battle or Naval Battle.
    • The Last Roman armies/factions and Grand Campaign armies/factions should not be mixed together. They should be independent of each other like Age of Charlemagne is.
    • More cosmetic customization similar to Shogun 2 for the multiplayer, allowing us to name specific units, change unit colors, create "custom banners", customize your General appearance/avatar, etc.
    • "Rank Stars"(bronze, silver and gold) displayed by our name/avatar similar to Napoleon and Shogun 2.

Personal wishes for Age of Charlemagne:

• When becoming "Kingdom of England"(for example), our faction flag/banner should change to better represent/illustrate the new nation name.
    • When becoming "Kingdom of England"(for example), our faction should gain 1-2 iconic new units and/or technologies that represent said faction.
    • More diverse character names added to each faction pool. Right now we end up with several generals named the same after very short time.
    • New settlement/city battle maps added, with new buildings and different urban layouts. To better represent the time period, and to bring more diversity to battles.
    • New voice overs and music added to better represent the time period and the different etnics groups.
    • Renaming the "Kingdom of the Vikings" to something more apropiate and historical.
    • (Optional) Sigtly expanded campaign map to include more of Scandinavia, North Africa and the Balkans/Greece, adding at least 1 new faction to each region.

Last edited by removeduser_45762834756; April 08, 2017 at 07:07 AM.

Pretty good suggestions, dako93. However, I'd be wary of war weariness in the Grand Campaign. I tried it (a mod) playing as the WRE and it was pretty much impossible to control the empire after a few turns. I'd also be very cautious about giving assassins the ability to take out governors. They are already pretty spammy and I'd rather they didn't have any further role in the game, to be honest. Anyway, here's a few more:

Reinstate guard mode (It's in WH now, isn't it?)

Reinstate interceptions on the campaign map. Zone of Control is meaningless at the moment and AI armies just slip through chokepoints. It's supposed to be a strategy game.

Attrition and eventual destruction of armies at sea so that they don't lurk at sea out of range for years on end. Furthermore, remove the ability of the AI to retreat just out of range. That's cheating. Make its retreats as lousy and pathetic as those allocated to the human player.

Fix the ERE AI so that it doesn't send armies pointlessly back and forth across the sea while its empire burns.

Climate change should gradually reverse towards the end of the 5th century, so that there's a little something to look forward to after the death of Attila.

More barricades and the ability to place them in wall breaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    Pretty good suggestions, dako93. However, I'd be wary of war weariness in the Grand Campaign. I tried it (a mod) playing as the WRE and it was pretty much impossible to control the empire after a few turns. I'd also be very cautious about giving assassins the ability to take out governors. They are already pretty spammy and I'd rather they didn't have any further role in the game, to be honest.
    Well yea, it definetly needs to be carefully balanced, and added toguether with the less agressive AI(not declaring war from the other side of the campaing map or trasspasing 10 factions to atack you, etc) If implemented as it currently is it would be a pain in the ass.

Personally i havent meet any assasins spam yet, also as it currently is almost 75% of the times an assasins succeed it only hurts the target, in stead of killing it off :/ So i think it would be balanced if implemented. But that is my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    Anyway, here's a few more:

Reinstate interceptions on the campaign map. Zone of Control is meaningless at the moment and AI armies just slip through chokepoints. It's supposed to be a strategy game.

Attrition and eventual destruction of armies at sea so that they don't lurk at sea out of range for years on end. Furthermore, remove the ability of the AI to retreat just out of range. That's cheating. Make its retreats as lousy and pathetic as those allocated to the human player.

Fix the ERE AI so that it doesn't send armies pointlessly back and forth across the sea while its empire burns.

More barricades and the ability to place them in wall breaches.

Good ideas.
    Last edited by removeduser_45762834756; April 08, 2017 at 01:46 PM.