Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: New Attila Content in 2017

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Re: New Attila Content in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    Yeah but what I proposed is not quite medieval... mediavalish...
    I must admit, I would mark out for an "Eastern" version of the AoC timeframe, focusing on the Romans, Arabs, Rus, Bulgarians, Chandax, etc. That would be really neat.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Ok Im a Total R E T A R D: How I have missed the news from Creative Assembly/Sega's buying Black Sea studios and renaming it to Creative Assembly Sofia getting the the global Creative Assembly team has reportedly now grown to over 500 people

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/...ative-assembly

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/7/1484...total-war-sega

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Assembly_Sofia

So here is my Speculation: BULGARS DLC for TW:Attila
    Triggered
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; March 24, 2017 at 07:59 AM.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

That news is already old man!
    Last edited by Visarion; March 24, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    I was hoping further in the future with Avars, Bulgaria, Serbia, Ragusa, Venice, Amalfi, Genoa, Pisa, Magyars, Varangians, Pechenegs, Cumans, Khazars, Alans, Abbasids, Saffarids, Samanids, Buyids, Hamdanids, the Komnens, Early Great Seljuks, Great Moravia, HRE, Tuscany, Papal States, Lombards, Norman Sicily, Abbysinians, Kimek Khanate, Ghurid Sultanate, Matilda of Tuscany, Alexios I Komnenos so on.

Somewhere between the 9th and 11th century AD. HRE and Italy being the Western border.

A similar Charlemagne campaign but focused in the east, the time of Alexios I Komnenos.

Edit: Bohemia, Bagratid Armenia continued by the Armenian Cilicia, Georgia, Makuria, Alodia, Kievan Rus and so on.

Maybe even stretching to the time of John Komnenos and Manuel Komnenos including the reconquest of Anatolia, the Balkans, invading Egypt with the Crusaders, capturing Sicily from the Normans and subduing Hungary, Outremer, especially Antioch from the Crusaders.

That would mean including also the Ayyubids, Zengids, Antioch, Tripoli, Edessa, Cyprus, Jerusalem, Cylician Armenia, Mosul and so on as emergent.

Volga Bulgars, Muromians, Khanty-Mansi, Mari, Mordvins Ugric people of Ural and most important of all, navigable rivers: Danube Dniester Dnieper Don Volga.

So that Varangians cand do their work, become the hegemons of Kievans, invade Anatolia and so on with their river longboats.

Oh yeah and maybe some Estonian Vikins as well: Finnic Estonians, Baltic Curonians of the Suzeran Duchy of Courland, Finno-Baltic Karelians, Oesalians of Sareemaa Island.

Visby of Gotland, Swedens, Normans, Danes, Saxons, Jutes, Angles.

Piast Dynasty of Poland, Prussians, the battle-hardened Latgalians and Livonians, the warlike Yotvingians, the early Brothers of the Sword and their Balts allies etc.

Stretching far into the Altai, Tarim Basin, Uyghur lands, India, including the north of Vladimir-Suzdal and Novgorod.

Also the Principality of Turov and Pinsk, Halych or Galicia-Volyhnia, Kiev, Varangians etc.

A map like that perhaps, maybe further stretched in the south including Egypt, Arabia, India, parts of China:

It would be a much better regional focus than including the west but most likely it will be the Norman conquests, Hastings and 1066.

Forgot about the mighty Pannonian and later Dalmatian Croats, probably Slavs led by the Sarmatian elite together with the Sorbs.

Not sure if Don was navigable too but was important for Ryazan.

Also as a additional faction maybe the Kara-Kanids and the emergent Kara-Kitai, the begining of the future Mamluk Turkic nobility replacing the old Arabian and Iranian ones together with the Cuman-Kypchaks during the succesors of the Samanids, the Ghaznavids of Balkh.

I would really love to see the Tarim Basin being added with the Karakanids of Islamic Kashgar fighting the Buddhist Kingdom of Khotan. Maybe adding the old Hindu factions of southern India as well.

The Rajput of Pakistan and Northern India as well and their tribal organisations as adversaries of the invading Turkic Mamluk dynasties.
    This is why I say 9th 12th century is best because the Abbasid Caliphate starts breaking away and we have the Arab-Persian-Kurd-Turk Muslim rulers instead of simply Arab and opposing religions, the Shia and the Sunni and as Darios well stated even representatives of the Andalusians in Crete, the Chandax Emirate.

This would mean a map stretching from Italy, including Sardinia and Corsica, Germany, Denmark or Jutland and Scandinavia including Gotland, Samaaraa, Estonia, Finland and Karelia or Sankt Petersburg how you preffer, let's say Novgorod, Moscow to India, Tarim Basin, parts of modern China, the Uygur Autonomous Region, the lands of Kara-Kanids and Kara-Kitai basically.

As I said, very important all the north of Europe, Novgorod, Suzdal future Muscovy, Finnic Vikings, Samaaraa Island, Courland, Karelians, Livonians, Latgalians and the Brothers of the Sword fighting Yotvingians, Lithuanians, Samogitians, Prussians and so on, the extreme east of Europe and even reaching the Middle East, the Urals and Altai of the allied Turkic and Ugric people.

Of course, even if I am repeating myself navigable rivers of Rhine, Danube, Vistula, Bug, Dniester, Dnieper, Don, Volga so that the Vikings can reach the Black Sea, the Caspian Sea and ultimately the Mediteranean.

The great Arab Abbasid Caliphate of Middle East, Near East, Africa and Spain would be split into: Arab Abbasids of Mesopotamia, their birthplace, Baghdad, Turkic Tulunids of Egypt, Persian Saffarids of Sistan also known as Sakastan or Arachosia, masters of Tocharistan, Makran, Sindh, Kabul, Fars, Kerman, defeated by the Abbasids when trying to take Baghdad and subdued by the Persian Samanids and becoming their vassals, Persian Samanids of Khorasan and Transoxiana, rulers of the great Samarkand until 1000 AD when they were replaced by the Turkic Karakanids of Kashgar, Turkic Ghaznavids of Balkh, a splinter of the Persian Samanids, Turkic Ghurids of Afghanistan and Punjab India, the old Hindu-Kush and Ghandara, fighting the Hindu Rajput clans, Arabian Hamdanids of Tarsus conquering or better said gaining thru diplomacy and influence Allepo, Raqqa, Mosul and Baghdad, Turkic Ikshidids of Damascus, Syria and later Tinnis, Fustat, Egypt, part of Hamdanid Syria, Tarsus, Anatolia and so on, enemies of the Hamdanids, Arab-Syrian Fatimids of Algeria and Tunisia, former Carthaginian and Syrian/Phoenician colonies, their sanctuary after fleeing Syria, Ifrikiya, conquering Egypt and Syria and last but not least the Iranian Daylamite Buyids in Tabaristan, Mazandaran who became great in Shiraz, Kerman, the land of the very warlike and free Carmanians, most of the time quasi-independent under all empires near them including the mighty Abbasids and the Great Seljuks of Turkic origin but ruling a Turko-Persian-Arabian state after descending from their Oghuz Chorasmia Caspian safeplace, with little influence and no threat from the dying once mighty Judean Khazarian Khaganate. Well Maghreb and Andalusia also but we would only have the Chandax Andalusians of Crete and the Aegean.

Well we could take in considerations the Karakanids of Islamic Kashgar fighting the Buddhist Kingdom of Khotan as splinters of the Abbasids and even Volga Bulgars as well. The forefathers of the Seljuks, the Oghuz Yabgu State as well. Karluks, Kimeks, Kangars or Qangli too.

We would have the fallowing religions: Shia Islam, Sunni Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Paganism, Tengrism, Animism, Shamanism and the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, Tewahedo. I would include the religion of the Crusaders as different, especially because of the latest discoveries, at least the Templars, let's say Freemasonry or Solomonism.
    Last edited by Visarion; March 24, 2017 at 07:22 PM.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Remember, Visarion, that I believe that it is important to keep the game related to Late Antiquity/Dark Ages. AoC worked because it told the story of how Western Europe evolved after the fall of the WRE. The campaign scenario I'm envisioning would run parallel to that, explaining what happened in "the East" after the Slavs overran Eastern Europe and the Arabs pushed the Romans out of the Levant. I am thinking of a scenario that is essentially the same as Anthonius' excellent mod - The Great Conflicts, focusing on the 9th century.

If you try to push the story too far (into the Crusades for example) then you run the risk of demanding Medieval 3 Total War. We must not lose sight of the fact that this game is called Attila and has its own particular focus.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Artifex

Yeah well this is the fall of the eastern Romans... the Arab and Turkic conquests and all... an important chapter... the dying Judean Khazar Khaganate buffer state between Persians and Greeks. The birth of the Turkic Mamluk dynasties. The break-away former Abbasid Arab, Persian, Kurd and Turkic nobles. The Rus, Varangian, Turkic, Slav and Magyar invasions. The Varangian, Magyar and Turk recruits of the Byzantines including the birth of a new elite, a new warriors class. This is an important chapter during the late Roman era. The second wave of migrators after Attila. It is related. The Vikings. The Estonian Vikings. Continuaters of the Viking forefathers. The established Slavs and so on. It is very related. I edited the main post with short stories about the Abbasid descendents. As emergents, the Kurdish Hazarspids, Azeri Eldiguzids as well. Turkoman states in Anatolia.
    Last edited by Visarion; March 24, 2017 at 03:42 PM.

Artifex

So basically the map above in the north and west and this one in south and east but including Tunisia and Algeria as well for the Fatimids, well their "New World" as to speak... and Egypt of the Turkic Tulunids and Ikshidids of course. Later Fatimids, Abbasids, Umayyads and again Turkic and Circassian Mamluk Abbasid dynasties.

Last edited by Visarion; March 24, 2017 at 02:46 PM.

Artifex

This would be the best compromise as to not have monopolistic religions and ethincities: Jewish Khazar Turkic Khaganate including the Caucasian Alans, Orthodox Romano-Greek Byzantines, Slavic Orthodox Rus, Serb and Bulgarian states, Coptic Orthodox Nubian Nobatia, Makuria, Alodia, Solomonian Orthodox Church of the Ethiopian and Eritrean Abbysinians. Shia and Sunni Islamic succesors of the Abbasid Caliphate of Arab, Persian, Turkic and Kurdish ethnicities. Indian Hinduist Rajput clans, Buddhists of Khotan, Tengri Pechenegs and Cumans, Pagan Vikings, Balts, Finns, Catholic HRE, Mariner States of Italy, Croatia and Hungary and the Atheist Avars of the Pannonic Avar Khaganate, well they were in fact Politheists. Later on they might have become Orthodox due to their use of the old Slav language as official, the Caucasian Avars adopted the Georgian Oriental Orthodox Christianity, some Khabars, splinter of the Khazars might have become Orthodox when migrating in Transylvania due to the fact that they aknowledged Byzantine suzeranity and were very loyal even when the Hungarians threatened to destroy them alongside other Bulgar, Slav and Vlach rulers, Oriental and / or Apostolic Orthodoxy of Armenia and Georgia and last but not least Nestorianism in the Abbasid Successor States of the Middle East, especially near the border with China and India, religion even influencing the Mongols later on.
    Last edited by Visarion; March 24, 2017 at 03:15 PM.

Artifex

Paulicianism and Bogomilism in Armenia and Bulgaria respectively but in the Byzantine themes as well as "heretic" religions.
    Last edited by Visarion; March 24, 2017 at 03:40 PM.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Dude pls dont spam in the thread just like in the medieval Kingdoms 1212ad thread

Artifex

Last edited by Visarion; March 24, 2017 at 10:51 PM.

I hope they do something regarding the optimization, and fixing sieges.

And eras that would fit very good and fresh are Heraclian, and 900ad. Those 2 eras gives a lot of diversity between factions, lot of brutal looking units and features.. Check this for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUvA3r9_dbA&t=607s

Decanus

What with this clock running showing 4 days 1h (...) in http://comingsoon.totalwar.com/ ???
    Is it Cambodgian temples in the mist in the background ??

Chen La : Total War ?
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Don't think by yourself, apply dogma instead.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Warhammer 2 ...sorry that´s not for Attila

(And that´s Lizardmen temple in lusty jumgle of Lustria (or Southlands))
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Decanus

Damn.

I've been in Angkor Vat in 2012, I was so excited !
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Don't think by yourself, apply dogma instead.

Artifex

Or maybe is Conqistador: Total War. Cortez: Total War or smth like that.

Lustria is actually inspired by South America, however it is overrun by Lizardmen,Skaven, with Elves of all shades and even with Pirate Vampires...

Anyway...it´s w2 https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...ced_on_friday/
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 27, 2017 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    There won't be any new content added to the existing historical games. Anybody who is waiting for this is a simpleton.

If anything is added, it'll be unpolished content that's been sitting on their files since the games first came out, like that Spartan skin they added to Rome 1, or the leftover skins they added to Empire.
    I can't believe you people, blathering on about something that absolutely won't happen. Do you folks believe in Santa Claus as well?
    It's sad, but I agree with this too. After the hint-speculation I was a bit hopeful: I've played every TW game since the original Medieval with the exception of Napoleon and I think Attila is a great game while still having room for more improvement and Rome 2, after many patches and dlcs, is not as bad as it first looks, so, more polishment would be welcome. But now, already in April and the hype piling around the new Warhammer II, I honestly don't think there will be any more work put into both Attila and Rome 2. The hint was just marketing strategy because CA knows they lost their «historical» fanbase and they need to keep that people entertained with something until the (far-off) new historical-based title.

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    It's sad, but I agree with this too. After the hint-speculation I was a bit hopeful: I've played every TW game since the original Medieval with the exception of Napoleon and I think Attila is a great game while still having room for more improvement and Rome 2, after many patches and dlcs, is not as bad as it first looks, so, more polishment would be welcome. But now, already in April and the hype piling around the new Warhammer II, I honestly don't think there will be any more work put into both Attila and Rome 2. The hint was just marketing strategy because CA knows they lost their «historical» fanbase and they need to keep that people entertained with something until the (far-off) new historical-based title.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-on-17-03-2017

Warhammer was meant to be trilogy and probably due to license from games workshop it got priority. However new historical title is in development and i read it as it will come out after third part of warhammer....which will come out probably next next...so 2018/2019 for that historical title. I won´t be suprise if they manage to release campaign for rome2/attila in meantime simply because they can sell it to all the fans of history.

Warhammer is such big success so they can probably afford all the work at the same time...and just imagine that new mini campaign about Alexander the great probably needs a way less resources to produce for rome 2 than as standalone game.....

From CA's 17th March announcement linked by Daruwind above:

we’ve recently being conducting investigations into whether we can produce additional stand-alone follow-ups or DLC for release before the next major historical title in the series. Initial plans are promising and now Jack Lusted and veteran team members from the ROME II and ATTILA new content teams have formed a new Total War team to investigate further.
    If they're just teasing, they're certainly commiting a lot of resources to the performance.