Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: New Attila Content in 2017

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Re: New Attila Content in 2017

I would like them to bring back undermining wallsduring sieges as in the original RTW.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

All Attila really needs IMHO is just more battlemaps for cities, especially for Romans as most of your battles will be defending settlements and oh boi do they get repetitive

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Yeah and maube what RS 2 did with the introduction of field battles for cities abd the Celtic forts. I dnk maybe smth different. Just burning a city or smth like that... and the inhabitants preffering to ecit and fight. That would be cool and pretty realistic. Or maybe ambushes like a empty city and when you wnter the enemy just setting multiple fires and catching you offguard.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Historical flashpoint -

Greco-Persian Wars? Rise of Macedon? First Diadochi? Birth of the Republic? Marius & Sulla, and the many wars in their time (my money is on this)? Servile War? Roman Conquest of Britain / Boudicca? Fall of the Roman Empire? Theoderic the Great? Gothic War? Great Heathen Army / Danelaw / Alfred? Norman Conquest? Rise of the de Hautevilles? Some Byzantine War (I am not really familiar with Byzantine history other than the Crusades & Justinian)?

Attila DLC -

The Warrior in the concept art is a Celt right? Saxon Invasion of Britain?
    Last edited by prithupaul; June 07, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

But they explicitly stated Napoleon and Attila, so it looks like it might be centered around one person? Short, intense period of time which could have many results.....My bet is still Alexander. + Itīs era they already visited....greco-persian wars? Just my opinion, donīt shoot me guys

I would love an updated take on Alexander..... but the Rome 1's Alexander Expansion was pretty extensive. I doubt they will repeat almost the exact same thing. Do hope you are correct though.

Otherwise a single person (in or around the Attila / Rome 2 settings) - Leonidas, Philip II, Chandragupta Maurya (too far probably), Marius, Sulla, Spartacus, Germanicus, Aurelian, Constantine I, Theoderic, Khalid ibn al-Walid (probably too edgy for CA), Alfred, Bjorn Ironside or some other legend from Scandinavia, William I, Robert Guiscard..... Genghis Khan (too late and too far away, surely). Excited!
    Last edited by prithupaul; June 07, 2017 at 11:06 AM.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

A 3rd Viking DLC for Attila will be an lazy overkill from CA. A Better setups will be a Rise of Islam in 634ad and Rise of Christianity With Constanite the Great - a good Duo DLCs for Attila if you ask me.And TW:Victoria starting in 1880s.Thats my bets.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Concept art:

Helmet is clearly a Spangenhelm, therefore late antique. The armour and shield are Hellenistic, tho. Haircut looks kinda Gallic, albeit not the beard. Thefore probably some German(-ic). From this weird mashup I would suggest a DLC settled during the 3rd century crisis.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; June 07, 2017 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    Concept art:

Helmet is clearly a Spangenhelm, therefore late antique. The armour and shield are Hellenistic, tho. Haircut looks kinda Gallic, albeit not the beard. Thefore probably some German(-ic). From this weird mashup I would suggest a DLC settled during the 3rd century crisis.
    Your reasoning has some logic within, and man!, how I'd love a 3rd century campaign DLC! That ŦRestitutor Orbisŧ mod for the original Rome (Barbarian Invasion) is one of my most and longuest-awaited mods ever. But... to be honest, for me, it will be something before the 3rd century... that helmet... I don't know why, but the wings don't seem much late antique to me. But I'm not an expert.

As i stated before ..Arminius the germano-roman /Herman the Cherusci, who defeated Varus in the Teutoburg Forest ..often with two wings on helmet...could be him??

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

My first thoughts were Arminius or Vercingetorix. I know we've had CiG and he looks nothing like the Arminius they used for the Teutoberg Forest but it's possible.

Coming back to it now though, especially the shape/edge of the shield and the pattern of the mail, I'm wondering if he could be a Hengist/Horsa type in an Arthurian Britain scenario for Attila.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Even after reading CA's update, I feel as if we still do not really know anything, except that there will be future content. The concept art of the Germanic chieftain looks like something out of the Rome 2 era. That could end up being something neat - considering that the Germanic tribes never truly got their due in that game.

"At the moment, this team is building art content and working on the update for the main game needed to accommodate the new expansion. We will certainly be sharing more details when we can." - This quote here makes me wonder if Attila might get upgraded to 64 bit. That would be a godsend.

Just my opinion of course, but I really don't see the allure of an Alexander expansion. I would really love to see CA depict a historical scenario that is more out of the box. Something that could bridge the gap between Rome 2 and Attila could be really neat.

@ CA - Also, don't forget about Armenia.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

The wings and the wolf coat give this character a rather fantastical aspect. I'm going to guess that this will be some character for a King Arthur DLC, and he's probably Saxon guessing by the beard and equipment.

For the flashpoint they mention that a character focussed game is something they explicitly do NOT want to do. They want it to be like FOTS, covering a specific event, one would presume a War, in history. Personally I'd like to see something in the Medieval Era for the Standalone Flashpoint.

As to the DLC with our Cherusci-Shield bearing friend in the concept art, my money is on either an Invasion of Britain DLC for Atilla(The Cherusci are assumed* to have been one of the people to form the Saxons apparently so it makes sense to have the Symbol from R2 as a shield pattern) or an Arminius DLC with him vs Varus and Germanicus. Seems a bit too simillar too Caesar in Gaul though. Basically going a bit further east with shinier Romans and the same old Germans. Would Prefer Britannia. I have seen some mention Vikings but this armor seems more late antiquity than anything.
    Last edited by captainkrunch; June 07, 2017 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    The wings and the wolf coat give this character a rather fantastical aspect. I'm going to guess that this will be some character for a King Arthur DLC, and he's probably Saxon guessing by the beard and equipment.
    I will pay big money for that. They can use Bernard Cornwell's book series as a basis. It is firmly rooted in history. He has also provided, inside the story, implications as to why his Arthur might be removed (or heavily changed) from history.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    The wings and the wolf coat give this character a rather fantastical aspect.
    I quite agree. That warrior looks like something more out of a 19th century German opera rather than historical antiquity. I also advise taking CA's hints with a grain of salt, as they have been known to troll us regarding new historical content. Consider this warrior's Hellenistic Thorax armor, Spangenhelm from late antiquity, and shield that clearly stems from the Rome 2 era. I can't even begin to describe the wings.

This warrior might be a tiny aspect of the next DLC. A 'hint' designed to completely throw us off the path regarding what's next. Let's try to keep that in mind.

At this point they should start giving out actual information instead of "we are working on something... that we cant tell you". There is a thin line between excessive hype and weariness.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

I vote for a title based around Reconquista... remember there was no campaign in Medieval II kingdoms about that period... I think its common sense cause it would be a very rich and interesting experience for Total War

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    At this point they should start giving out actual information instead of "we are working on something... that we cant tell you". There is a thin line between excessive hype and weariness.
    Yup. After half a year, the only thing we know is that CA is actually working on some historical content. Maybe it's just me, but CA comes off as far more forthcoming in regards to new Warhammer content, while they appear happy to leave historical fans in the dark.