Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: New Attila Content in 2017

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: New Attila Content in 2017

Very interesting.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

The only thing I wanted to do was to work on the optimization of Rome 2 or Attila, I believe that respect for the fans is not something they prioritize!

Good stuff i like it, the period is very interesting and i like their attempt to improve this older title. I hope these improvements go on to new historical titles.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

It is good that they are still progressing the game, but the campaign map itself is full with inaccuracy, and even units seems to be fantastic as well, see post No 14 in this thread by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Empire-Divided
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

They did not created a new campaign map. They simply used the Augustus map ...

This is not serious work.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; November 10, 2017 at 12:15 PM.

Foederatus

CA posted a Let's Play preview today on YouTube and honestly I have mixed feelings about what I've seen so far. I think the RPG elements, political overhaul, and era are all intriguing but I noticed some issues. It does seem to use the Augustus map, possibly even a simplified version (which I hope isn't the case). Also, the Roman units look pretty bad as of yet (Ridge Helmets, Spangenhelms, and leather scale in the 3rd Century? Roman pikemen???). The Eras of Rome mod has much better looking 3rd Century Romans and I hope the author will improve upon that in due time.

Link for those curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_u3cXRpNA

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Must've been a DLC for Attila

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Frankly, I wish the modding community had more interest in Attila. The general community keeps raving about Attila's features, but serious mods for the game are few with few major mods in development. These games are great platforms for mods. More vanilla content from CA would be nice, but ti's really the modders that make these games of years of replay value.

I'm just a consumer of these free mods, but as far as Attila goes, modders need to STEP UP. There is plenty of DLC for Attila that modders can make sing. Besides, even if we got more content for Attila from CA, 90% of people would just complain about it.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Well Attila sold way way less than Rome2. With Rome 2 bad reputation plus with bad optimalization of Attila...there is not a lot players around, so even few minor modders so even few of the big ones as they don´t have so many users for theirs mod...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    They did not created a new campaign map. They simply used the Augustus map ...

This is not serious work.
    Think of the possibilities! We have 3 Rome factions. One recruits basic legionaries, second has like one or two celtic units and third has persian cavalry unit. Need already pre-order it asap. Its only like 16€. Modders never could have done anything like this.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Tomorrow we are getting more info about Saga game:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...ngs_will_rise/

Kings will rise
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by l_commando View Post
    Roman pikemen???
    I am not sure if this is the case, but CA might have been inspired by an episode during a Gothic raid into the Balkans in AD 267. An excerpt from Dexippos' Scythica was recently discovered in which he describes how a militia from Athens used pikes to defend Greece from the barbarian horde.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [The Goths invaded Thra]ce and Macedonia, and plundered the entire countryside therein. And then, making an assault upon the city of the Thessalonians, they tried to capture it as a close-packed band. But since those on the walls defended themselves valiantly, warding off the battle columns with the assistance of many hands, and as none of the Scythians’ hopes came to pass, they abandoned the siege. The prevailing opinion of the host was to make for Athens and Achaia, envisioning the gold and silver votive offerings and the many processional goods in the Greek sanctuaries: for they learned that the region was exceedingly wealthy in this respect. When the approach of the Scythians was reported to the Greeks, they gathered at Thermopylae, and set about blocking them from the narrow passes there. Some carried small spears, other axes, others wooden pikes overlaid with bronze and with iron tips, or whatever each man could arm himself with. And when they came together, they completely fortified the perimeter wall and devoted themselves to its protection with haste. And it seemed that the area was otherwise very secure, since the road which led to Greece beyond the Gates was narrow and impracticable on account of the harsh terrain. For the Euboean Sea, at its greatest extent, stretches up to the flat lands near the mountains and makes them most difficult to access on account of the mud, and adjacent to these extends Mt Oeta [, which...] on account of the closeness of the rocks, makes the place almost impassable for both infantry and cavalry. The generals elected for the entire war were proclaimed by the Greeks: first Marianus, who had been chosen previously by the emperor to govern Greece inside the Gates; in addition to him, Philostratus the Athenian, a man mighty in speech and thought; and also Dexippus, who was holding the chief office among the Boeotians for the fifth time. It seemed that the most prudent course was to encourage the men with a speech, and to recall the memory of their ancestors’ valour, so that they would undertake the entire war with greater heart and not give up either during an extended period of watch, or during an attempt on the wall, if such an attempt were to take place at some point in time. When the men had gathered together, Marianus, who had been given the responsibility of addressing them on account of his status, spoke as follows: ‘O Greeks, the occasion of our preservation for which you are assembled and the land in which you have been deployed are both truly fitting to evoke the memory of virtuous deeds. For your ancestors, fighting in this place in former times, did not let Greece down and deprive it of its free state, for they fought bravely in the Persian wars and in the conflict called the Lamian war, and when they put to flight Antiochos, the despot from Asia, at which time they were already working in partnership with the Romans who were then in command. So perhaps it may be good fortune, in accordance with the daimonion, that it has been allotted to the Greeks to do battle against the barbarians in this region (indeed your own principles of fighting the wars have turned out to be valid in the past). But you may take confidence in both your preparation for these events and the strength of the region — as a result of which, in previous attacks you seemed terrifying to the enemies. On account of these things future events do not appear to me not without hope, as to better…
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Well Attila sold way way less than Rome2. With Rome 2 bad reputation plus with bad optimalization of Attila...there is not a lot players around, so even few minor modders so even few of the big ones as they don´t have so many users for theirs mod...
    Right, I'm well aware of Attila's lack of sales compared to Rome 2. My point was that despite the fact that many in the community want more vanilla content for Attila and are musing & discussing it at length, we have this curious dearth of mods available and in development when we have a title that has multiple features people seem to love and even different campaign maps that can fit multiple scenarios. To be clear, I'm no modder, but jeez. This is a bit disheartening. No Justinian mods? Nothing but rehash-y reskins for Age of Charlemagne? There are a few great mods for Attila that bring a lot to the table, they are just few and far between. So much room for innovation, but the enthusiasm just isn't there.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Thrones of Britannia will be the upcoming Saga title and as expected it's a money hungry title trying to win over fans by using the hype of the Vikings TV show and the title Thrones (from Game of Thrones) to lure us into believing this will probably be a politics focused release with lots of intrigue n shyt.

That said, Total War I'll see you in 2019, excluding DEI and Ancient Empires of course.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    Thrones of Britannia will be the upcoming Saga title and as expected it's a money hungry title trying to win over fans by using the hype of the Vikings TV show and the title Thrones (from Game of Thrones) to lure us into believing this will probably be a politics focused release with lots of intrigue n shyt.

That said, Total War I'll see you in 2019, excluding DEI and Ancient Empires of course.
    Everyone's a cynic...

As I've been hoping for a Viking Invasion 2 for years, I'm pretty pleased with this announcement. Assuming I can play it of course. I also hope we get a Welsh faction playable. Too long since I've conquered the world from the lands of my father.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    Everyone's a cynic...

As I've been hoping for a Viking Invasion 2 for years, I'm pretty pleased with this announcement. Assuming I can play it of course. I also hope we get a Welsh faction playable. Too long since I've conquered the world from the lands of my father.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    You're the biggest CA fan I've seen and I'm jealous of how you feel about the releases, and if it wasn't enough you're also British so despite the lack of variety in this Saga you can always enjoy playing as your ancestors.

There might be some interesting features but I doubt they'll be worth the money and time when there are so many other games expected to release soon or already did.

I mean we've already spent 200+ dollars on Rome 2 and Attila, so how big of a jump will the Saga be from Age of Charlemagne for us to pay let's say an additional $30 for some tweaks. Even if the gap will be huge, I'm sure the modders are able to cover 90% of those gaps and keep Attila playable for 2-3 more years until the new historical title comes out.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

For some reason, before release I imagined that a game titled Total War: Attila would focus on the Huns, Steppe mechanics, Flavius Aetius, Late Antiquity, etc.

It ended up becoming a showcase for VIKINGS! and satisfying "We want Medieval 3" fanboys.

No intention of buying whatsoever...
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    You're the biggest CA fan I've seen and I'm jealous of how you feel about the releases, and if it wasn't enough you're also British so despite the lack of variety in this Saga you can always enjoy playing as your ancestors.

There might be some interesting features but I doubt they'll be worth the money and time when there are so many other games expected to release soon or already did.

I mean we've already spent 200+ dollars on Rome 2 and Attila, so how big of a jump will the Saga be from Age of Charlemagne for us to pay let's say an additional $30 for some tweaks. Even if the gap will be huge, I'm sure the modders are able to cover 90% of those gaps and keep Attila playable for 2-3 more years until the new historical title comes out.
    Fair enough. I don't tend to have that many games I want to buy in a year, so I tend to invest a lot more in time and money in the ones I do want to play. So paying about £100 for Rome 2 + DLC, when that's given me 1200+ hours and counting of enjoyment is fine for me.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

I may buy vikings if the price is not too high and the sea battles will be done correctly.