Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738

Thread: New Attila Content in 2017

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Default Re: New Attila Content in 2017

By the look of it CA knows a lot of people wont play Warhammer and that there will be lots of them also who wont like the Theme of the ''3 Kingdoms'' so my prediction is that the Saga DLCs will be with us in the next 2-3 years as a compromise.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The Sons of Yaroslav - 11th century Rus, starting 1054: the Kingdom of Rus is divided between his sons, while external powers (Kypchaks, Byzantium, Hungary, Poland) strive to expand into the Rus territories. The goal is to renew the kingdom of Vladymyr. I think the fan base in Russia and Ukraine is quite big.
    Sometimes I believe that it is underestimated how Rusichi Total War might have been the most popular historical-themed M2TW mod of all time. I believe that something from the 11th century might be a little bit too late in the framework of Attila, but I would love to see a campaign centered around the establishment of the 9th century pagan Rus states, wars against Bulgaria and the Romans, dealing with the migration of the Magyars and Pechenegs, and subsequent conversion to Christianity. The early period of the Rus' states is romanticized by Russians just as much as the English romanticize Anglo-Saxon England. The Mongol invasion is even seen through the same nation-building context as the Battle of Hastings. It is really fascinating...
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Oh, yes. It is fascinating I agree. I'd love to visit eastern Europe more with TW. I'd like to throw in my own suggestion of something, anything, to do with the rise of the Ottomans. Suleiman the Magnificent's campaigns, for example, would make rich content for DLCs at the very least. Imagine the massive artillery...

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    Isn't that called modding? I mean if it were possible to modify and create new maps, this type of campaign would probably have already been added to Attila. SEGA shouldn't try competing with modding and instead work with it. and that requires adding new content. It doesn't have to be too fundamental, new buildings, new textures, new models, new voices, new animations! I welcome that Attila is being developed further I really do, it was a significant improvement to RTW2. But any further addition should bring with it further enhancement to game play for Attila TW after 3 years! It should be an opportunity to refresh it, not simply have another campaign added on, scripted or not.

I agree though that it is too early to judge yet, but lets say I'm not building up great expectations.
    What you said here about competing with modding is why I don't buy CA games anymore. They have restricted modding to bare bones and what used to be a vibrant community is now almost nil. I was playing the Charlemagne DLC just last night and heard "for the glory of Rome" with my Frankish general, old voice audios from Rome 2 are still prevalent. That's really lazy video game making.
    Last edited by stevehoos; January 30, 2018 at 09:15 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

FYI there's a Thrones of Britannia and Three Kingdoms area of the forums now.

Desert Kigdoms DLC have appeared for Rome II Total War, which rises chances for the release of new DLC for Attila Total War. I hope, CA will release the last remaining culture pack - Caucasian Mountain DLC for this game. This will fill the empty gap of this beautiful game it had from very beginning of its release. The Caucasus is really interesting region and I see no point to dismiss it from the game. Fully Persian Caucasia looks ugly and non-historical in Attila Total War. Actually, my expectations have been raised since the release of Desert Kingdom DLC for Rome II Total War, let's hope CA will do the same surprise for the Attila Total War as well.

See this link about the new announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhKhntVPbZ0
    Last edited by JERUSALEM; February 20, 2018 at 03:18 PM.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Sadly, DLCs for Attila probably won´t happen at all. Attila has/had low sales, bad reputation (performance, hard game..)..With BoT i can easily see a few DLCs there. Attila would need like Augustus/Emperor update...big expansion....almost like new start...like BoT. See? CA decided to produce BoT standalone to cut any possible bad connections with Attila even if it is directly build upon Attila... ;-)
    Last edited by Daruwind; February 22, 2018 at 07:15 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Low sales and bad reputation?

Attila has a much better reception than R2 and sold well.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by JERUSALEM View Post
    Desert Kigdoms DLC have appeared for Rome II Total War, which rises chances for the release of new DLC for Attila Total War. I hope, CA will release the last remaining culture pack - Caucasian Mountain DLC for this game. This will fill the empty gap of this beautiful game it had from very beginning of its release. The Caucasus is really interesting region and I see no point to dismiss it from the game. Fully Persian Caucasia looks ugly and non-historical in Attila Total War. Actually, my expectations have been raised since the release of Desert Kingdom DLC for Rome II Total War, let's hope CA will do the same surprise for the Attila Total War as well.

See this link about the new announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhKhntVPbZ0
    The only real DLC and FLC content I see for Attila is a Nomadic Culture pack with missing Historical Nations,not nomads that came in Europe in the 9th century or that went extinct in 300BC and Armenia as FLC(just like it was FLC for Rome 2 in the past and for me its a Must FLC.).The only viable Faction DLC left for Rome 2 was the Attila's Desert Kigdoms themed DLC ,but for Rome 2.So now after we now know that there will be a Desert Kigdoms for Rome 2 whats next? If Creative Assembly Sofia after the Desert Kingdoms and the Empire Divided DLCs for Rome 2 goes to Attila they got room for only 2 big Campaign DLC and 1 Culture Pack for the Grand Campaign.

And Lets Face it and be Honest - CA is only doing the last 2 DLCs for Rome 2 ,just because the production Costs for maiking DLCs outside Britain is a lot cheaper, compared to for example outsourcing in Eastern Europe(Bulgaria).

1)A update on all thats wrong with the Sarmatian Nomadic factions Group in Attila - Nomadic Faction Campaign Gameplay where nomads that can settle down and Form new realms as gameplay,just like the Alans but more advanced,and even if its Indepth campaign as good as the Slavs DLC was will be perfect to finnaly fill all the empty spots on the Grand Campaign map east of the Don River and do justice to the nomads in Attila.A opportunity to create an alternative Nomadic gameplay compared to the Huns and White Huns,who cant settle is a win win situation IMO.

2)A Rise of Christianity Campaign DLC on the Grand Campaign to be an alternative to the Grand Campaign(with maybe some minor changes to region and city placement along the Campaign map,just like in the Augustus Imperator Campaign for Rome 2) where the player can play as 1 of the 4 Roman factions, starting with less regions and enemies ,compared to WRE and ERE and being at war with 20+ nations at turn 10 and public order problems. The only problem for this DLC will be why create it when the faction's unit rosters will be mixture between the Empire Divided DLC and the Grand Campaign for Attila with Constantine playing the same role as factional leader, just like the factional leaders for the Heroic Factions in Empire Divided DLC with more focus on the religion aspect of the Game.

3) A Rise of Islam Campaign DLC starting after 634ad to avoid all the negativity around the prophet will be the best case scenario with a new Focused Campaign Map on the ERE,Sassanids,Arabs,Avars,Khazars,Bulgars,Axum and whats left from the White and Red Huns.Who Knows we can even see Tang China as a Horde faction like the Roman expedition in the Last Roman - somekind of a cameo for ''Three kingdoms''

Thats the Best Case Overall Scenario for Attila.The Worse: none of them

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Sadly, DLCs for Attila probably won´t happen at all. Attila has/had low sales, bad reputation (performance, hard game..)..With BoT i can easily see a few DLCs there. Attila would need like Augustus/Emperor update...big expansion....almost like new start...like BoT. See? CA decided to produce BoT standalone to cut any possible bad connections with Attila even if it is directly build upon Attila... ;-)
    And I can say just the same for Rome 2 on all that you said.In Rome 2 there is no challenge whatsoever ,the AI is retarded,In Attila at least its a lot more competent and the ingame mechanics matter a lot more compared to Rome 2's for winning a campaign.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; February 21, 2018 at 12:38 PM.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Low sales and bad reputation?

Attila has a much better reception than R2 and sold well.
    Rome 2 sold better, actually has a decent reputation these days and is played by significantly more people. It's regularly drawing 10K+ concurrent players at peak times and 4-7K even at off times, while Attila most of the time isn't even in the Top 100 on Steamstats. I don't doubt Attila has its fans, but Rome 2 is definitely the one with the bigger playerbase.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    The only real DLC and FLC content I see for Attila is a Nomadic Culture pack with missing Historical Nations,not nomads that came in Europe in the 9th century or that went extinct in 300BC and Armenia as FLC(just like it was FLC for Rome 2 in the past and for me its a Must FLC.).The only viable Faction DLC left for Rome 2 was the Attila's Desert Kigdoms themed DLC ,but for Rome 2.So now after we now know that there will be a Desert Kigdoms for Rome 2 whats next? If Creative Assembly Sofia after the Desert Kingdoms and the Empire Divided DLCs for Rome 2 goes to Attila they got room for only 2 big Campaign DLC and 1 Culture Pack for the Grand Campaign.

And Lets Face it and be Honest - CA is only doing the last 2 DLCs for Rome 2 ,just because the production Costs for maiking DLCs outside Britain is a lot cheaper, compared to for example outsourcing in Eastern Europe(Bulgaria).

1)A update on all thats wrong with the Sarmatian Nomadic factions Group in Attila - Nomadic Faction Campaign Gameplay where nomads that can settle down and Form new realms as gameplay,just like the Alans but more advanced,and even if its Indepth campaign as good as the Slavs DLC was will be perfect to finnaly fill all the empty spots on the Grand Campaign map east of the Don River and do justice to the nomads in Attila.A opportunity to create an alternative Nomadic gameplay compared to the Huns and White Huns,who cant settle is a win win situation IMO.

2)A Rise of Christianity Campaign DLC on the Grand Campaign to be an alternative to the Grand Campaign(with maybe some minor changes to region and city placement along the Campaign map,just like in the Augustus Imperator Campaign for Rome 2) where the player can play as 1 of the 4 Roman factions, starting with less regions and enemies ,compared to WRE and ERE and being at war with 20+ nations at turn 10 and public order problems. The only problem for this DLC will be why create it when the faction's unit rosters will be mixture between the Empire Divided DLC and the Grand Campaign for Attila with Constantine playing the same role as factional leader, just like the factional leaders for the Heroic Factions in Empire Divided DLC with more focus on the religion aspect of the Game.

3) A Rise of Islam Campaign DLC starting after 634ad to avoid all the negativity around the prophet will be the best case scenario with a new Focused Campaign Map on the ERE,Sassanids,Arabs,Avars,Khazars,Bulgars,Axum and whats left from the White and Red Huns.Who Knows we can even see Tang China as a Horde faction like the Roman expedition in the Last Roman - somekind of a cameo for ''Three kingdoms''

Thats the Best Case Overall Scenario for Attila.The Worse: none of them
    The whole game is about Nomadic faction, I do not see open window for 3 or more the Nomadic Factions in the vanilla game. Probably, one or two Nomadic faction will be good to add, but still they are quite many. From original game you have Sabirs to add, but we do not possess sufficient historical source to make them unique and different from the Huns. The only thing CA could do with the Nomadic factions is to reposition of Huns in the main campaign. As I have stated many time, Hunnic appearance in the World's political arena begins in 395 AD, and they started the incursions from Caucasia and from this region they moved against both, the Eastern Romans and Sasanid Iran even reaching the capital of Sasanid Iran. They subjugated Cappadocia, Syria, northern part of Mesopotamia, Cilicia and many other regions as well. And we have contemporary source that describes their appearance in the Middle East with help of king Pharsman of Kartli through the mountain passes of Dariali gates, located in Dariali gorge. The gates or fortresses that locks the mountain passes were very important strategic places in Antiquity, hence this could be well depicted in future DLCs of Attila Total War.

If CA will reposition the Huns in the North Caucasus and will make them to invade the Middle East as it took place in 395 AD, that would be the best chose to make this game look more historically realistic. Regretfully, too much attention was payed to the main character, Attila the Hun. CA made Attila's person to look more or less historical while they have forgotten the evens of 395 AD, which, actually, lasted for 3 years till Huns were expelled by Eutropius in 398 AD (Sasanids managed it in 396 AD) and Eutropius received consulship for that in 1st January of 399 AD in Constantinople. That is really very important moment for the history of all major factions in Attila Total War and this events of 395-398 AD are not depicted well in the game. It is quite realistic to reposition Huns in North Caucasus close to the borders of Kartli, to make the passes and the gated more important in the game and to create historically more or less accurate Caucasian factions. Armenia would be great as vassal state of Sasanid Iran (still we have Lakhmids as vassals of Sasanid Iran, added as the FLC for Desert faction pack), one more vassal faction at this time for the Eastern Roman Empire - Lazica will be good chose and Kartli and Arran would defend their passes and roads from the North Caucasus to southwards. Therefore, creation of DLC for the Caucasian factions in Attila Total War will solve too many issues, which are important from historical perspective. I think, later, after creating the Caucasian DLC they could work for more Nomadic faction pack and they can even add some more Germanic factions for example Gepids who are the best known as the heroes of battle of Nedao (454 AD), also Sciri or Heruli etc.

I can agree about the update of Sarmatian factions, it is quite possible to update some Sarmatians, for example Iaziges, they look very Hunnic, which is not realistic. It is good if they could add some more new factions like they already have done for White Huns.

My personal position about the Rise of Christianity and the Rise of Islam is not optimistic, at least it requires a lot of job to make proper map and unites for 7th century, which must not be the copy/paste of Attila units. And even if CA will decide for it, release of Caucasian of any other DLC (with 3 or more factions) will not cause any problem. The Attila Total War is the best historical title so far (no matter of the game sales or whatsoever. Rome 2 is a parody in compare to Attila Total War) and that really requires updates, that is why they have announced the new title Total War Saga, completely based on Attila Total War engine. I hope they will continue to support Attila Total War as well.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    And I can say just the same for Rome 2 on all that you said.In Rome 2 there is no challenge whatsoever ,the AI is retarded,In Attila at least its a lot more competent and the ingame mechanics matter a lot more compared to Rome 2's for winning a campaign.
    I agree. With a few minor mods Attila is for me one of the best TW so far. Much more complex than Rome 2 even in Vanilla.

But problems lie probably in PR and money. Doing DLC for Rome 2 is profitable because more people is playing game. Plus sold a lot more copies. So potential customer base is pretty larger. With ToB that is like new game, I can easily see a few DLCs as for FotS or Napoleon. Just because it is "new" game... After this new Rome 2 DLC, I can easily see even Alexander campaign for Rome 2 down the line....they might be testing situation on small project to fuel like 20 Eu big campaign.. Because why not?

I would love and buy even some new content for Attla but that game is probably closed case for CA...:-/
    Last edited by Daruwind; February 22, 2018 at 07:16 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

A nomadic factions DLC would honestly take a lot away from the main 'theme' of Attila - the Huns themselves. The nomadic factions do need a bit of cleaning up (making the Roxolani/Iazyges into true Sarmatians for example) and perhaps even giving them their own religion/architectural styles/etc but a Caucasian factions DLC is what would make the Attila Grand Campaign into a far richer experience. That part of the world badly needs an injection of diversity. It is a travesty that Armenia is not a playable faction.

Furthemore, I won't take my foot off the gas in stressing how amazing an "End of Antiquity" themed DLC (Rashiduns vs. Romans vs. Sassanids) campaign would be. You would have your "three kingdoms" style conflict in the center of the map, while the Romans would also have to contend with the Sclaveni and Bulgars in the West, while the Sassanids would also have the White Huns in the East. The Rashiduns would be "the main guy" expanding over the entire map. Central regions like Egypt, Armenia, and Persia would be bitterly contested. What a beautiful scenario for a Total War campaign.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    A nomadic factions DLC would honestly take a lot away from the main 'theme' of Attila - the Huns themselves. The nomadic factions do need a bit of cleaning up (making the Roxolani/Iazyges into true Sarmatians for example) and perhaps even giving them their own religion/architectural styles/etc but a Caucasian factions DLC is what would make the Attila Grand Campaign into a far richer experience. That part of the world badly needs an injection of diversity. It is a travesty that Armenia is not a playable faction.
    I dont think so.I n matter of Fact it will enrich the gameplay.Just look at the starting Vannila playable Germanic Factions.Did the Viking,Slavic,Celtic and the Longbeards Barbarian DLC nations took away from the theme of the Barbarian Nations that doesnt need a DLC? No. The problem with the White huns is mainly the only change compared to the Huns is their starting position.