Thread: How to edit Fire Drills and Technologies for existing mods?

Default How to edit Fire Drills and Technologies for existing mods?

So I'm trying to re-add Fire-by-Rank and the rest of the Fire Drills to an existing mod. I've been fiddling for a while and I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Is there a section that activates Fire-by-Rank for all units or do I need to change every single unit individually? If so there's a LOT of units to edit. Also the technology was removed so I can't research it and need to add that back in.

Default Re: How to edit Fire Drills and Technologies for existing mods?

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    So I'm trying to re-add Fire-by-Rank and the rest of the Fire Drills to an existing mod. I've been fiddling for a while and I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Is there a section that activates Fire-by-Rank for all units or do I need to change every single unit individually? If so there's a LOT of units to edit. Also the technology was removed so I can't research it and need to add that back in.
    In the db-tables there is a column called "unit to unit abbilities", all units that has fire by rank has it marked as a ability here, you need to edit every unit, yes.
    I don't know how to add a new removed tech though, the mod creator may have done a number of things. One way to potentially fix this is to go to the db table for technology effects and add the effect "enable fire by rank" to an existing technology.

Remember to not mess mess with the original files, create new ones in a new mod that loads after the other mod you mention, this makes. Backtracking mistakes easier.

Default Re: How to edit Fire Drills and Technologies for existing mods?

There is a unit_class_to_unit_ability_junctions table in witch U can enable a certain type of inf to use a certain drill. So all of themwill usr that, if not, do as the captain said, but if U wnt the vanilla tech tree U gona have to work a bit harder than that