Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTD during battle

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Default CTD during battle

During my defense of Cleves against Napoleon, the game crashes about 10-15 minutes into the battle.

Default Re: CTD during battle

May you upload any minidump file about it, please? Thanks.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieZleeping View Post
    During my defense of Cleves against Napoleon, the game crashes about 10-15 minutes into the battle.
    Try fine tuning your graphic settings, the NTW3 battle mod (that's used in the campaign game) is a resource hog: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Spiele...s-card-705532/

I usually play with medium size armies on my older (32 bit) dual core which is more stable for long campaigns than the my newer 64 OS system. The battles tend to be very large & interesting as you progress into the campaign.

Last edited by Lord Davn; December 15, 2016 at 01:57 PM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

I'll try lowering my graphics and see if it works.

I am crashing while playing the French campaign. I made it through one battle fine, but then I reached my second battle in defending Bavaria from Austria, and crash about 10 minutes into the battle. I then attempted to adjust my graphics, specifically the shader model as the link recommended and my game consistently crashes when I click to save the changes. Should I uninstall to change the settings and then reinstall? I have attached both crash files.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehead221 View Post
    Should I uninstall to change the settings and then reinstall?
    Sounds like your main ntw files are corrupted, the game should not crash when adjusting the graphic settings. You can check the integrity of your original files through Steam or reinstall a clean version of the original vanilla ntw game.

That is what is odd, because before I installed the new NTW 7.0 I uninstalled 6.0 and then validated my vanilla files through steam. It reacquired one file and then I installed 7.0.

Arghhh... I was tempted to bet I'd have met this "old friend" of mine once again!

The first .dmp shows the game crashing while submitting render items of men from the battle view's entity display subsystem.
    Exactly it happens inside a tbb::parallel_for multithreaded loop, making use of an awkward container (type UTILITYLIB::EXTENDING_STACK?) to store them.
    CA fixed that since S2TW as they realized it was the biggest limiting factor of multi core scaling (the Intel's engineer wrote about it in his paper too: https://software.intel.com/en-us/art...war-case-study).
    Sadly it keeps affecting more or less directly most of our stability issues during NTW battles nowadays...

I'll tell you about the other one...

So is there a fix for this Risorgimento? I was not far into the campaign, but I was enjoying it so this is very unfortunate.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Pre-Shogun 2 total war games did suffer from CTDs for unknown reasons. I wonder if CA has done something to fix it or if it just has to do with older software-technology of the time.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

None that I know of so far, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by risorgimento View Post
    None that I know of so far, unfortunately.

It crashes during battle everytime for me as well. In the lows my fps are in the 50's and in the highs in the 90's

980 gtx
    16g ram

hi,
    my game crashes too.
    I play in Multiplayer.

It happens often during battle but also one time during the loading screen.

here are the crash files:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...60329443287511

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...11282734510537

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...20978550292326

Thanks for help
    Last edited by phoen!x; February 09, 2017 at 12:38 PM.

CTD during Campaign movement. I have optimised the graphics, the memory an everything else I can think of. Still crashes. I have unit set to Ultra.

Default CTDs

As it says on the tin - too many Version 7.2 CTDs on Campaign. Varies from faction to faction and for no good reason I can spot. Optimised graphics, running on Medium units and it makes no difference. The frequency of the event and corruption of save files pretty much makes this unplayable for me.

Default Re: CTDs

Quote Originally Posted by blow56 View Post
    As it says on the tin - too many Version 7.2 CTDs on Campaign
    What are your pc specs and OS (Win10?).

Foederatus

I get CTD version 7.2 all the time during battles - fresh game not from 7.1, version 7.1 seems ok, even more stable than vanilla, Also when you upload 7.2, saves from 7.1 do not work properly, you`ve got missing portraits and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Jackar17 View Post
    I get CTD version 7.2 all the time during battles - fresh game not from 7.1, version 7.1 seems ok, even more stable than vanilla, Also when you upload 7.2, saves from 7.1 do not work properly, you've got missing portraits and so on
    The v72 files are not compatible with v71 (or earlier) versions due to added units and custom portraits. The battle CTD's may be due to the expanded model files for the v72 mod which has increased significantly with the new MP factions. The SPC mod only uses a portion of the models for the campaign game battles so we be setting up a separate model file for the v73 patch which should reduce the CTD's.

The main problem is that your pc has to run the campaign map in the background while you fight your battles, this can put a very high demand on video & memory allocations. I'd also suggest playing with medium size units and medium difficulty for campaign & battle settings. Also try fine tuning your graphics as Lord Liberalis explains here on the Lordz forum: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...164857#p164857

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    The v72 files are not compatible with v71 (or earlier) versions due to added units and custom portraits. The battle CTD's may be due to the expanded model files for the v72 mod which has increased significantly with the new MP factions. The SPC mod only uses a portion of the models for the campaign game battles so we be setting up a separate model file for the v73 patch which should reduce the CTD's.

The main problem is that your pc has to run the campaign map in the background while you fight your battles, this can put a very high demand on video & memory allocations. I'd also suggest playing with medium size units and medium difficulty for campaign & battle settings. Also try fine tuning your graphics as Lord Liberalis explains here on the Lordz forum: http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...164857#p164857
    I wonder if clearing up all the unused vanilla atlas files and so forth would help with the crashes. Ideally less textures loaded means less memory consumed which would lead to more stable gameplay in theory.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

I'm sad.
    Even with a Geforce 1050 TI Gaming 4GB GDDR5 graphics card on an Intel Core I5-7500 at 3.4 Mhz and 16 GB RAM still getting crashes in middle of most battles.
    Yes I have read details of settings for game at The Lordz but really, cannot be changing my graphics options for the game everytime I play this mod, as I'm also playing The Great War which I want at Ultra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast