Thread: Settlement damaged on siege start?

Default Settlement damaged on siege start?

I was wondering if it's purposefully a feature or not, but when a hostile force begins to siege a settlement, they damage the settlement immediately, even if the siege was not prolonged. So in the same turn, an enemy force could march up, begin the siege on a settlement, then retreat. However, the settlement is damaged just from this, and requires funds that aren't really there at the beginning.

It also makes it killer to try and defend a small settlement, as a battle initiated has had 61% settlement damage, and -11 morale, melee defence, and melee attack. That's killer for early game units, and easily swings the battle over, when it should be about equal.

Is this how it's meant to be, or is something wrong?

Running FotE + Europa Perdita

Default Re: Settlement damaged on siege start?

I've answered you on Steam. To repeat myself, basically this isn't something that either EP or FotE has changed - it's a vanilla issue. I'm not sure what can be done about, but I can look through the files and see if I can find the right values to change. The simplest option is probably just to reduce those unit stat penalties for damaged settlements; that makes it a bit easier to deal with (and a bit harder to take AI settlements).