Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTW 4.4 Spontaneous Tournament

Default Re: HTW 4.4 Spontaneous Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by JoonasTo View Post
    Were would these flags be situated? In the missile files? Because no matter what you put into the unit_descriptions, they are always instakill.
    The code that makes a Ranged attack insta-kill is indead in the descr_projectile.txt file. I once made the Armogohma Not insta-kill by modifying that file. Though what I did is modify their Projectile and use it for Trinexx.

Edit:
    Having some thing as Tuff or tuffer then a Armogohma. But acts/fights like a chariot. Made Trinexx a little op. So I had to remove the insta-kill quality from him.
    Last edited by Eldren; December 17, 2016 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorAYorke View Post
    Its only a certain combination of projectile flags that produces instakills, though. (AoE and armour piercing, i think, but thats probably wrong) Any other flags on a magic unit (Zora Mages, Aquamancers etc) and you have a missile unit with technicolour projectiles and/or unconventional stats, but no instakill.

Unless Neph has made the conscious decision to make every unit that in lore uses magic, to arbitrarily instakill?
    Insta-kills from mages used to not be a problem in the old version of HTW. Back when every thing was deadly. Now battles are ment to be drewn out. So Cav, Bomb throwers and mages, are the only way to go, for fast results. But that may have change by now. With all the balance passes Neph and the team have done.

And not all magic attacks are insta-kill. and it has nothing to do with AoE and armour piercing, It has to do with the Greek Fire Traits for a Projectile. Those traits are apart of the Main game of M2TW. You can experiment with them if you want. To find out which ones are the ones you want to get rid of. But you may have to buff the stats in the EDU file to compensate that they are supposed to be killer attacks. Like the Labrynna Regime Musket men.

@All

Merry Christmas to you all! Peace on earth and epic battles in Hyrule to each and every one of us =D

If you're still up for the tournament, please make a clean install of HTW 4.4 and call the folder 'teutonic'.

I'll work on getting the details up in a little bit...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Alright, tho we don't have to do the teutonic thing - as long as we launch the game in the same way (Like having the launch settings be changed as that's how I played with my friend.) then it's fine.

Any game launch method will work fine, all that matters is that you and your opponent are using the same one.

make sure you talk to them though - some people suffer crashes or hangs with certain launch methods. Going by Teutonic seems more stable on my system and THJ's.

@All
    I'll be picking fixtures and such to upload before the new year (UK time). There's no limit to when to play your game by yet, but we'll see how people go. I reserve the right to annoy inactive people. =D

Rupees per side, terrain, etc are all up to the contestants for now. Please keep a screenshot of the results though, as bragging rights trophies proof of the winner.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

Kell_Opatra - Vs - Bruiseraaron

TheHylianJuggalo - Vs - Warl0rd13

VictorAYorke - Vs - ______

That's a start. I'm free for anyone who wants to join at the last minute.

Find your opponent, work out the best way to connect to each other and how to fight the battle, have an MP game. Good luck everyone!

To the instakill problem - giving units multiple lifepoints and changing magical attacks (or missiles in general) into siege_missiles will fixes it. As you can exactly control how much damage they do with the damage_to_troops command in the descr_projectiles.
    Last edited by Nihilem; January 05, 2017 at 11:47 AM.

What do you guys think of Doing some battles, Where the factions that are fighting are nabors/touch Borders in Freeform Campaign.. I was thinking we could call it Border Skirmishes or Border Wars.

So if one wanted to play as the Gerudo. The other player would have to play a faction located next to the Gerudo.

Edit:
    It would be kinda nice if such battle were Recorded.
    I would love to watch them.
    Last edited by Eldren; January 05, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

Eh, I'm planning on recording every battle I do and uploading them to Youtube like the two I've already done with VAY. But yeah I'm down with border battles.

Border Battles could be a thing then?

(in addition to the tournament, if that actually happens)

How do we want to do them? Someone announces their chosen faction, then the floor is open to challengers?
    Last edited by VictorAYorke; January 05, 2017 at 03:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12