Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Roberts Rebellion (Finished!)

Default Re: [HS] Roberts Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by StanTheStag View Post
    Well, House Tully has yet to officially declare war against anyway.
    That's not what I'm hearing down in Dorne, little fish. I hear whispers from Dragons and Krakens alike. Dorne may not care for these whispers... but they never seem to cease annoying us.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

I have never seen such an extensive pissing up the wall competition in RP before. I will contact Blue about his turn and ask if he needs me to sub again or if he will have the time for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Luume's just jelly because he has to do it sitting down.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    That's not what I'm hearing down in Dorne, little fish. I hear whispers from Dragons and Krakens alike. Dorne may not care for these whispers... but they never seem to cease annoying us.
    Mainly I have been chucking my daughters arround to try and tempt someone into allying with me, and a little bit of posturing with my armies. I am peaceful I pinky promise

I would seek to remind you of the huge armies and fleets I have at my disposal para, you did create the mod after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Luume View Post
    I would seek to remind you of the huge armies and fleets I have at my disposal para
    Nice to have such power huh Luume? It would be a shame if somebody took it away.

Is dorne threatening me? I believe some sellswords might have something to say about that fine ser

Quote Originally Posted by Luume View Post
    Is dorne threatening me?
    I don't make threats. I make corpses.

bump

Arryn Subbed, Darry has been taken. To all messages sent to Arryn: you will have to await Blue's return before receiving any kind of response to your offers.

Lannister is up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/lmc2qd...annister_3.sav

Hello, rule question. Can I block a narrow pass so that an enemy army can't retreat ? From what I see in the rules, that should be legal, no ? Thanks
    clarification, I'm NOT encircling the army, the pass is some way away.

Blog Entries

That's fine.

Tully
    https://we.tl/MMvyHjZSos

Victarion and Asha Killed. Please check pictures so that we know beforehand if blocking retreat is ok. I think it should, but to be sure.
    Thanks.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Satin; January 09, 2017 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satin View Post
    Tully
    https://we.tl/MMvyHjZSos

Victarion and Asha Killed. Please check pictures so that we know beforehand if blocking retreat is ok. I think it should, but to be sure.
    Thanks.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blocking a retreat is generally seen as ok in order to direct a retreating army in a certain direction (e.g. forcing them into a fort rather than the open so they can be sieged and killed), however what you've done by blocking their only retreating option is more akin to surrounding a force entirely with units so it has nowhere to go and is destroyed without being defeated. Therefore I would say that this is not allowed and Lannister will have to replay without blocking the ships.

I'm honestly for complexity and not dumbing down the game. Sure some rules need to be enforced to level the playing field since the game is imperfect. But then again there are some aspects of the game that are equal for everyone.

If an army goes into enemy territory i'd say it's not my fault they risked a defeat in a position that could destroy his army.
    Sure, encircling is a clear exploit since you could technically destroy almost all enemy armies, but covering retreat, now that's something that only sometimes happens, and adds depth and strategy to the game.
    Again, depends on how basic or complex is ur expectation from the game.

I agree they have risked their army, but your forces were not sufficient to wipe out theirs and therefore in the battle itself you destroyed a little over half of their force, if you had attacked his army with a force 2 or 3 times its size this may have been a different story but given that the auto resolve you did left Greyjoy with 168 men they should still have those 168 retreated men rather than having them destroyed for no explainable reason.

My point of comparison with encircling the army and blocking the only retreat is that the result is the same, encircling the army is an exploit designed to remove all potential retreating opportunities and by putting units on the only potential retreating opportunities you have done just that and therefore are using the same exploit.

My decision as admin is final in this. You have 24 hours from now to post your replayed turn without using the exploit.

Blog Entries

Satin i suggest you stop.

The right decision Luume, if you ask me, I have always ruled thus. The rule for surrounding an army is not in place for the act of surrounding but for what the act achieves; preventing retreat and wiping out the army.

I'm sorry, you're right.
    But you've dropped pretty low with deleting my comment. I wasn't breaking any rules or guidelines and therefore you have no real right to delete it. Unless this is a totalitarian system and you guys happen to be in power... Also, you cannot tell me not to be sarcastic or whatever, I'm allowed to do it and you shouldn't ever presume to tell me as an acting moderator, threateningly, to stop. You can't just go on deleting members posts and ordering them to stop anything. All you should be able to do is reinforce the rules of the forum.

Regardless, as far as I'm concerned, I was indeed snarky and childish.
    Again, I apologize, it was inappropriate of me. But please, don't go deleting my posts again unless you have a real reason.

Thus everything I have to say regarding the matter ends. I will do my turn as fast as I can.