Thread: Booting issue need some help

Default Booting issue need some help

I have ran into an issue with my pc that I cannot seem to find a solution too so any advice or help would be appreciated.

My pc crashed today and I cut it off and back on like i have plenty of times before and when it rebooted I got:

"reboot and select proper boot device or insert media in selected boot device and press a key."

I tried basic things I knew to do. Went into bios and made sure boot order was correct, made sure my ssd with Windows still appeared. All that checked out so put in the Windows cd, ran command prompt and checked out my ssd c: drive where Windows was installed. Still seems to have everything on it, and Windows still seems to be on there. I went back and tried to refresh my pc through Windows disk it told me the following:

"Drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive again."

This is something I have never encountered so I googled and tried a few things I saw online. I tried running bootrec. Fixmbr, fixboot, then RebuildBcd. With the last one it stated it had successfully found Windows on c drive and asked "add installation to boot list." I hit yes and then got "the requested system device cannot be found"

I also made sure the hard drive wasnt in read only mode or disconnected or damaged physically, everything checked out.

So basically from what I can gather my ssd drive still has Windows and everything on it but seems to be locked and inaccessible for some reason. I really dont want to wipe my drive or do a complete reinstall because I have a ton of irreplaceable things on there. So anyone have any solutions or things I can try to fix the issue. Or at least allow me to get my data off the drive before clearing it.

Pc info that might be relative:

Windows 8.1 64, on a Intel ssd, c:drive
    Also have another hard drive
    Gigabyte z97x-sli
    Intel i7-4790k
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathon Swift

"Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings." Heinrich Heine

Default Re: Booting issue need some help

This is really not the place. Try that other TWC website (The Windows Club) or Tomshardware. I've heard very good things about techsupportforum.com as well.