Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a possibility of a Justinianic mod? Has anyone else created one?

Foederatus

Icon5 Is there a possibility of a Justinianic mod? Has anyone else created one?

I do not know what the community thinks of this topic, as I have not engaged in it for well over two years now, and I wish to ask about something that I am particularly interested in. Is there a mod that deals with the Justunianic restoration of the empire, and if so, where? Otherwise, I know this is more than a hundred years after the INVASIO BARBARORUM timeframe, but I would like to know if anyone has ever thought of making a mod for that time period.

In addition, I would also like to thank the Invasio Barbarorum team and community for this amazing series of mods that have stayed diligently loyal to historical accuracy, and also enhanced gameplay. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that we may continue to communicate in the future.

Returning from self imposed exile,
    Sariur.

Default Re: Is there a possibility of a Justinianic mod? Has anyone else created one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sariur View Post
    I do not know what the community thinks of this topic, as I have not engaged in it for well over two years now, and I wish to ask about something that I am particularly interested in. Is there a mod that deals with the Justunianic restoration of the empire, and if so, where? Otherwise, I know this is more than a hundred years after the INVASIO BARBARORUM timeframe, but I would like to know if anyone has ever thought of making a mod for that time period.

In addition, I would also like to thank the Invasio Barbarorum team and community for this amazing series of mods that have stayed diligently loyal to historical accuracy, and also enhanced gameplay. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that we may continue to communicate in the future.

Returning from self imposed exile,
    Sariur.
    Hi and welcome back!

The mod Ages of Darkness is set during the Justinian era, click on my banner below for a link.

I also know that Leon Katakalon is working on a IBFD submod of the Justinian era, here's a link: Click!

Thank You for your kind words!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Is there a possibility of a Justinianic mod? Has anyone else created one?

Unfortunately AoD II remains in development. There was also a submod for Ruins of Glory but it didn't make it to completion. A Justinian, Maurikios, Heraklios mod would be interesting indeed.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

I started that submod, I have made also starting positions for almost all the factions and created some 50 models but I will need some help to continue that. Ufortunately the 500 - 1000 era is heavily underepresented in TW modding.

There is also East of Rome for MTW Kimgdoms. A beta with a regional campaign in the Balkans is available.
    Thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Limes-0-9-Beta

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Foederatus

Joar, Sertorio and Leon Katakalon, I would like to thank you guys so much for helping me with this, and I want to tell you that I appreciate the work that you have done. I also want to thank Joar for his work on the Fourth Age Total War, which is by far my favourite fantasy mod. I absolutely agree that the time period between 500 and 1000 is not represented sufficiently, both in history text books and in the total war community. However, I am just happy that the late roman empire is getting any attention at all, and frankly speaking this is why I appreciate the total war community, becuase it's not just into gameplay, but also the history and complexity of it.

Sariur.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well, even though I don't like very much Rome2 and Attila, the Justinian expansion is pretty good as DLC, even though I don't like the concept of horde applied to Belisarius' expedition, the whole game is not so bad.

About RTW we should consider that it's not easy having to create tens new units; about East of Rome, I was under the impression that the Mod was incomplete and unpolished, in any case I didn't try it.

East of Rome was a very interesting and unexplored idea, sadly the mod is incomplete and abandoned, the alpha version they released (which contains the Danubian campaign) is extremely unstable, the units do look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    I started that submod, I have made also starting positions for almost all the factions and created some 50 models but I will need some help to continue that. Ufortunately the 500 - 1000 era is heavily underepresented in TW modding.
    And what kind of help would you require?

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

I didn't realize Joar was working on the Fourth Age Total War. Pretty cool. I was looking forward to Age of Darkness II but it looks as though there isn't much activity going on in their forum.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    I was looking forward to Age of Darkness II but it looks as though there isn't much activity going on in their forum.
    We have not yet found the corpse and .. without corpse FBI won't start any investigation. So, any reference to a supposedly slow activity on that Forum must to be considered a debunked Conspiracy Theory.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Believe me, finalising a mod is a task only for the toughest ....

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Believe me, finalising a mod is a task only for the toughest ....
    Yes Gaiten, there is no need to remind us the Unbearable Difficulty of Modding, we are aware of it and we love you all (almost all) exactly for this reason!

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

I think Gaiten, time has come to begin thinking about a history, in form of novel, of these fantastic, epic and absolutely unique ten years (and more) of modding in Late Antiquity. Possibly this never-ending project about Justinian Wars may be the right occasion to consider in perspective the past of IBFD Forums and the incredible amount of materials, knowledge, interest and fun contained in it.

All in all, in these ten years, talking as common player and not as modder, I've learned one thing that is not only true, but also a granitic fact: waiting for a mod is fun at least as playing it, frequently it may be even more fun.

Meanwhile I have big a collection of documents about this modding (when I did what, what ideas were included what ideas were scrapped, artistic ideas, sketches and so on.)
    This stuff fills now two big ring binders (Germans love ring binders ).

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Meanwhile I have big a collection of documents about this modding (when I did what, what ideas were included what ideas were scrapped, artistic ideas, sketches and so on.)
    This stuff fills now two big ring binders (Germans love ring binders ).
    I'm not German but also I love ring-binders, especially the ring-binders with six rings in two blocks of three each (well, actually more than just a form of love, it's almost a fetishist passions, a real mania) .. they look so firm, solid and professional and in some way even .. elegantly old fashioned!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

.. but now I'm digressing again, sorry!

I was looking forward to Age of Darkness II but it looks as though there isn't much activity going on in their forum.
    AOD2, seriously ? a fraud made pseudo mod, nothing more.
    let's focus on real ones, like RR i hope !

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    Rebels factions are almost finally updated (to all the new units) ....

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    AOD2, seriously ? a fraud made pseudo mod, nothing more.
    Damn, you didn't have to be rude about it.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast