Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] 1.2 Buildings and Income Overhaul

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [PREVIEW] 1.2 Buildings and Income Overhaul

Well, Salvo, we will have population system in 1.2 release, which changes a lot when it comes to battles. It makes even diplomacy actually matter as you do not want to get into to many alliances, since that might end with too many wars for your population to support. Plus supply system and some perks also increase unit upkeep so for example if you decide to give army perk to armour, it will increase the upkeep too.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Senator

This is the content we need.
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

Barune's Avatar Miles

It never ceases to amaze me the work you wonderful folks on the DEI team manage to pour into this game to make it the Total war we have always wanted. Keep up the amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Well, Salvo, we will have population system in 1.2 release, which changes a lot when it comes to battles. It makes even diplomacy actually matter as you do not want to get into to many alliances, since that might end with too many wars for your population to support. Plus supply system and some perks also increase unit upkeep so for example if you decide to give army perk to armour, it will increase the upkeep too.

Yay more meaningful diplomacy!!

By the way, I just realized who your avatar is KAM, can't believe it took me this long haha.

Just an update from testing the income changes -

We have had to re-add a small hidden income bonus due to a very bizarre UI bug that results from removing it completely. So, there will still be a small hidden income bonus (just not nearly as large as in 1.1). The other changes remain the same, and, for the most part, should not really be noticeable. We are increasing some negatives in the mid-late game to compensate.

I just wanted to post about it so those expecting absolutely no hidden bonus won't be upset when they see that a small one remains. For anyone wondering, here is a sample of the bizarre UI bug that resulted from removing the bonus -
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

CA and their spaghetti code. Removing a bonus crashes the AI ...

Can we get examples of the tier 3 and 4 buildings? I'd like to know if there was any significant changes to the negative amplifiers like public order and negative food. I alwas hated how tier 1 and 2 alwas came with no down sides til you upgraded to tier 3 where you start to rack in major negative amplifiers where you start to question if it is even good for you to be upgrading to the next tier in the building chain. The whole thing just felt very artificial in difficulty

Some still have those negatives, only because there have to be some negatives in a system. Otherwise there really isn't any point to having food, public order, etc as something you have to balance within a building system. We have removed some of that and lowered others due to your example.

Does special capital buildings have special garrison like pretorian cohort for rome or rhodian marines in rhodos?

Garrisons can bypass reforms so we have to be careful. But some have specialized garrisons

Love your work!
    What tier-'level' have the barracks in rome? Do they level up with the tier-level of the city or just stay as they are in late game/after reforms?

Effectively, Rome's main city building acts as a normal barracks. It has early reform units at tier 1 and later reforms at tier 2+ (obviously still locked by reforms)

So the Rome capital barracks won't have units that are recruitable from rank 3 and 4 barracks?

Rome's main building can recruit most any unit Rome can recruit from its main barracks.

Oh so there's no point in building the normal barracks aside from the garrison in Latinium?

Correct

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

So while I am enjoying the new patch for the most part, I am starting to get incredibly frustrated with the disgusting amount of extra income the AI generates. Playing as both pergamon and Takshahila I saw OPM's villages making more income than my empire of 4+ developed economic cities. Considering they already have a dramatically reduced upkeep cost on all their units, I feel this is completely broken.

They have the same income in their villages. Their capital will have a bonus like anyone else's does. And, yes, the AI gets a further bonus (which I will be reducing a bit, especially at lower difficulties). Its a common complaint that people don't want AI bonuses, but its a misunderstanding - the AI needs the bonuses. They may waste money, research incorrectly, build the wrong thing, etc 100s of times. They need the bonuses to even be able to come close to competing with a player.

Income for AI really needs to be reworked especially now that player income has been nerfed so heavily.

Single province states are spawning in more stacks than they did even in 1.1, and of higher quality to boot.

Careful not to loose all ai challenge nerfing income!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast