Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [HS] A Dream of Spring (ENDED)

Default Re: [HS] A Dream of Spring

I currently am one spring breach and require either an extension till Saturday or I will have Someone sub for me most likely Parafix

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius
    Last edited by Captainnorway; April 18, 2017 at 08:04 AM.

Morton Arryn is born to Lady Arya Arryn, the Vale celebrates his birth with a siege. Admin up -http://www.filedropper.com/adosadmin11

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Lannister up - https://www.mediafire.com/?7pkwdvclh6favqh
    Lanny diplomat held captive by Tyrell.

Lannister fined for 3 forts in 1 region (Seagard)
    Blackfyre fined for 3 forts in 1 region (Kings Landing)

Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; April 24, 2017 at 01:18 PM.

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

Last edited by BerryKnight; April 27, 2017 at 09:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Blackfyre subbed, i declined all diplomatic stuff as i'm not sure whats going on. Baratheon up - https://www.mediafire.com/?ddblvmrf1alz7lm

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

Sorry for being late, heres my turn if its ok.
    Save - http://www.mediafire.com/file/77nt7r...ratheon_11.sav

need an extension

Robert looked out over the balcony of Riverrun. He'd claimed the city by right of blood, with his uncle Edmure absent and in open rebellion by the laws of men he had legal claim on these lands; however difficult the remaining trouts were proving. "Why don't they just give up?" He thought with a snarl, eyes narrowed at the camp he could see in the distance flying Riverlord banners. They'd been camped north of his castle for months now... waiting... mocking him...

"We'll be moving soon?" A voice broke Robert from his thoughts, causing him to dart around and focus on her now. She sat cross-legged on the bed that had once belonged to his uncle, her brown hair cut short and grey eyes that made him falter even now. Afraid of his own wife? Nonsense. A poor jest at best. He'd just developed a healthy respect for life.

"On the morrow," Robert looked down at her. Young, in truth, he himself only turned five-and-ten a mere week before his son was born. He often wondered if he was perhaps the youngest father or if such things were common among the nobility. His mother never taught him these kinds of things. "Lord Royce will lead the van across the river, and into battle if need be."

Arya nodded in silence, having nothing ill to say of that it seemed. She was like that a lot, silent and judging, in an almost unnerving way.

"She hates me." Robert's thoughts betrayed him, bringing a frown to his lips. It was the truth, after all, although he assumed hate was a strong word. There was no love there and he supposed that was normal too? His own mother held little love for his father. A man he could scarcely remember, but knew he loved well. As did every lord he knew that spoke so highly of his father.

In his wife's arms slept his son, little Morton Arryn, a freshly newborn babe. His wife loved their son, he had no doubts of that much. Was that enough perhaps? Robert thought so at least. The little falcon chick could be easily mistaken for a Stark with his little patch of dark brown hair and piercing grey eyes. He rarely cried. As silent a wolf as his mother.

"Harrold seemed upset." Arya voiced after a moment of silence passed between them.

Robert scoffed. "Harrold the Heir," he rolled his eyes at the mention of his name. "is no longer holding that title. He is jealous of Morton, I think."

Arya smirked for a brief moment and Robert thought she looked beautiful when she smiled. Not that he'd tell her that. He liked living.

"Perhaps we should rename him Harry the not-quite-heir?"

Arya smiled again, shook her head at his poor attempt at humor.

"Your beautiful." Robert thought once more, absently, failing to notice that he'd said it aloud.

Arya narrowed her eyes as her husband realized his mistake.

"I-" He took a step back on instinct, before recalling that he was her husband and not a scared pup.

"What did you say?" Arya kept her clam tone. Her eyes seemed to judge him for all his worth, akin to the wolf on her banners.

"I-" Robert called upon what courage he could muster. He was Lord of the Eyrie. Warden of the East. The Young Falcon! She was his wife, scary as she could be, was a husband not supposed to compliment his wife? He cursed his mother for failing to teach him anything of importance beyond the safety of the Eyrie and yet knew he missed her all the same. To hells with it. Do your worst, Stark. "Your beautiful."

Arya blinked. Once, twice, three times.

Robert stood his ground. They made an odd pair, wolf and falcon staring each other down to see who would strike first.

It would be her he kne- Wait. Was she smiling still?

"What?!" Robert blurted out in surprise. No threats? Surely not. He stared at his wife wide-eyed.

Arya simply ignored him and looked down at her son, resting peacefully, and bit her lip as she often did when nervous.

Robert didn't know what to do in that instant as the image of her smile rang thought his skull, bounced off it's walls, and repeated itself over and over. She'd gone mad, he thought, replaced by some impostor perhaps. He did the only reasonable thing a young man of five-and-ten could think of doing. He left the room in a hurry without thinking.

Battle was a less daunting prospect than talking to his wife. Her seemingly genuine smile still confused him, as she'd never before seemed so... normal. Threatening to geld him on several occasions? Certainly. Their wedding night had been less than loving and they'd not been together since, sharing a bed as husband and wife, but nothing more and she'd been cold towards any attempt he'd made to know her better. She was his wife. He was supposed to know her? No?

Robert cursed at the thoughts that plagued him so, shaking them from his head and scowling at the enemy camps on the horizon. Battle could not come soon enough in his view. "Focus on the battle." He told himself, finding it once more less dauntless than Arya Arryn's gaze. "Put that stubborn, infuriating-" Her wolfish smirk came to mind. He sighed, strapping Talon to his saddle.

"Trouble with the lady wife, my lord?" The voice of Lord Royce caught his attention.

"She'll be the death of me," Robert snarled. "that bloody stubborn girl."

Royce laughed heartily and boasted a wide grin on his lips. In on some joke Robert was obvious to.

"Is something funny, Royce?"

"No," Lord Royce chuckled. "not at all my lord. Just thinking is all."

"Thinking?" Robert bemused. "A dangerous thing."

Royce kept his smirk. "Quite. Take these Tully men for example..."

Explaining the situation Royce laid out what Robert already knew. The Riverlords had camped on the major crossings for well over a month and any attempt to cross would've been met with great risk, or perhaps defeat, if not for the work of Lannister men. An odd alliance. One many Valemen took a dislike to. That being said his son and heir would one day count Lord Daven's heirs as cousins. Family. Although, being cousins hadn't brought the Vale to Robb Starks aid...

Lord Blackwood held the crossing closest to Riverrun and it was there that the fall of House Tully would be completed. Lannister men would prevent any reinforcements from his wayward uncle reaching the crossing in time, allowing Robert's knights time to cross without fuss. Without the crossing? Nothing would stand between the Knights of the Vale and complete dominance of these lands.

"The sooner the better." Robert argued. Talon, the valyrian steel sword gifted to him by Lady Tarth and once known as Oathkeeper, was strapped to his fine white destrier and ready for battle. There was a falcons head of silver where the golden lion pommel once rested, although the blade was still rippled a blood red he supposed blood was fitting for whatever beast graced ones banner. Although thinking twice on that he recalled badgers, turtles and chickens among those banners... so perhaps not. It would be his first real taste of battle, and his first opportunity to prove himself worthy in his lords eyes. "I'm eager to test your training, my lord."

Royce clasped him on the shoulder. "You'll do us proud, lad."

"Lad?" Robert balked at the words use, but found it acceptable. Welcome even. Royce was his elder and his mentor of late after all. More a father than Jon Arryn ever was to him, may the gods rest his soul, and of a house who's loyalty was undying. They Remember, their words claimed. What it was they failed to forget Robert didn't know. Honor? Loyalty? Something else? "I hope so, my lord. I shall do my utmost."

They left the safety of Riverrun and rode for the siege. Robert was glad to be moving again. Waiting was so very dull.

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Last edited by Alertoverlord; May 03, 2017 at 06:31 PM.

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Alertoverlord View Post
    There seems to be some new Cadet branch House Sterk!!!!!

Blog Entries

Sorry for being late something came up - https://www.mediafire.com/?0e1tr06re22z07g