Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread

Default Re: RTR8 Beta v3.0 Bug Report Thread

Can you see what happens on the campaign map with a bridge battle?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

EDIT: Sorry, tried to upload a test video of a bridge battle that ctd but something went wrong
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 06, 2017 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Video did not play
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Does the bug occur when there's no bridge and just shallows for troops to cross? If so I think I know the solution.

its quite simple. whether you attack someone on a bridge or you are getting attacked the ctd occurs.loading bar gets full and just before the battle starts theres a second or two delay followed by a ctd. havent tried with shallows though will give it a try see what happens.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Does the bug occur when there's no bridge and just shallows for troops to cross? If so I think I know the solution.
    Ford crossings are fine, bridge battle always as Demigod say's, but auto-resolve fine, withdraw if attacked fine too.....btw why do Carthaginian peasants cost 8400 talents but Liby-Phoenican Infantry only 2160?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 07, 2017 at 06:12 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

and the inevitable crash at turn 74-75 (third play through).
    http://www.filedropper.com/macedon44 - savefile

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RomeTW-ALX.exe
    Application Version: 1.9.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4461eeda
    Fault Module Name: RomeTW-ALX.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.9.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4461eeda
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 008808e4
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 85d3
    Additional Information 2: 85d35e671413ce3d7b5f40641d181665
    Additional Information 3: 520b
    Additional Information 4: 520b0a6f61f976b1194d85a3f2da03f2

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Does this ctd happen right after hitting end turn? I can't test it as I'm on vacation.

yup. right on end turn. managed to get through by canceling all construction/army activity but then it crashes on the next one.

My guys are looking into both, we've found the issue with bridges, but now it's a matter of fixing it.

Hello, I seem to have run into the same bridge issue while running a Macedon campaign.

Uploaded the save file at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0n5x15pfy...osave.sav?dl=0

Hope it helps. Happy bug hunting!

Also, had a consitent (3 times) CTD during turn 86 with the Macedonians

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ametudncjl...rn_86.sav?dl=0

Agarax thanks for the reports! I have forwarded this to our coding department
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Hello

Hello, when I end turn 126 of the Numidian Campaign I get a CTD. It happens regardless of the settings I have my graphics at. I love the mod so much and I'm surprisingly doing very well with the Numidians. Any advice regarding this issue would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachtheebomb View Post
    Hello, when I end turn 126 of the Numidian Campaign I get a CTD. It happens regardless of the settings I have my graphics at. I love the mod so much and I'm surprisingly doing very well with the Numidians. Any advice regarding this issue would be much appreciated!
    Hi Zachteebomb! Thanks a lot for the kind words!
    Is the CTD accompanied by an error message? Do you have -show_err in your shortcut target path?
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs,

It simply says "Rome Total War Alexander Has Stopped Working", nothing too specific. Also, I load my game through steam if that means anything to you! I don't have a shortcut

Quote Originally Posted by Zachtheebomb View Post
    Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs,

It simply says "Rome Total War Alexander Has Stopped Working", nothing too specific. Also, I load my game through steam if that means anything to you! I don't have a shortcut
    I see. We have experienced a few random CTDs ourselves, and the community has reported a few random campaign CTDs in the previous period, and although we have some ideas about the cause of it, we still haven't nailed it yet. Can you please upload your save game and attach it to your post so I can forward it to the dev team? Hopefully it helps us find the issue.

Had a CTD after trying to destroy the Gauls last province. Using 3.1, Windows 10, Steam owned version but launching through the BAT. Playing as rome (naturally) Not sure where to find the error log file but I can see that logging is enabled in the BAT

Quote Originally Posted by Vasvatutin View Post
    Had a CTD after trying to destroy the Gauls last province. Using 3.1, Windows 10, Steam owned version but launching through the BAT. Playing as rome (naturally) Not sure where to find the error log file but I can see that logging is enabled in the BAT
    Thanks for the report! I've forwarded this issue to the rest of the dev team. If you have -show_err in your target path you should get a popup window containing the error report when you get a CTD.

Bridge crash confirmed Still no fix?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast